EastEnders: Just what is Babe's game...

2»

Comments

• MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe is poison, Poisonous Babe. She is going to destroy the Carters even more if recent comments are to go by. I am interested in the psychology of this, why is she spreading poison yet makes out she wants family unity. Fantastic Character though

I really want Cora to come back and expose to everyone this Ramsgate secret and how poisonous Babe is leading to one hell of a catfight
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else who watches EE and HO think this might be going down a Kim and Joe route? It might explain why Stan was so repelled by Babe in the more recent past.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Do we find out their secret tonight is it just a tease?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love evil aunt Babe. She's a great character and to think that I thought she would be boring when she first arrived.

Her stalking Stan for 50 years is well weird given that he wasn't much of a catch!
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I equally hate her actions and feel sorry for at the same time - she is great to watch! I understand her trying to manipulate her way into the family and take on the 'matriarch' crown but why is she so insistent on keeping Shirley and Mick apart? And the the family divided? She has done since she first came back on the scene...I can't wait to find out her game!

As long as Shirley and Mick are at each other's throats, Babe has a reason to take on the matriarch role and pretend to pull the family together again. If the Carters were happy, they wouldn't need Babe. She's basically a nanny.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    ... and unrequited love for a man who didn't even like her for 50 years!!! Her obsession with the family is probably because they're Stan's and it was another way of being close to him.

Cora is tougher than Babe, Cora has her faults but she is not nasty like Babe. I think Cora will be instrumental in bringing down Babe when she returns to Walford.

She likes the control because this way she can put herself as centre of the family? She enjoys the power it gives her? Look at last night the way she manipulated everyone about the sandwiches which ended up with Mick causing a scene? She's like their puppet master pulling the strings!
    Shirley doesn't trust her quite as much as she used to after the way Babe lied to her after she shot Phil but the others seem almost oblivious to the fact that she's a sh!t stirring bitch, lol!

IMO I doubt they'd have two "that's not your mother" storylines so close together (on screen) in the same family, that would really be stretching credulity but who knows? They've brought Kathy back from the dead so I don't discount anything nowadays!

But if we recall Sylvie who due to her alzheimers couldn't go along with the lie that she was Mick's mother as she'd forgotten, so I doubt very much that she'd forget that but remember to lie that Shirley was hers. From my experience of alzheimers (several family members not me personally!) this just wouldn't happen. Sylvie remembered that she'd given birth to both Shirley and Tina.

Ugh, that's reminded me of what she said about kissing him on the lips for the first time when he was dead :o

It's another reason that I don't think Shirley is Babe and Stan's - not unless it was the most unromantic consensual shag ever!

Oooh that's a tough one. I like Babe but I think I like Cora a bit more so I'd want her to triumph!

Cora is tougher than Babe and I think she will triumph and expose who Babe really is when she returns to the Square.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe is a great creation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Cora the only one who knows Babe's secret? Babe will think she has won but will Cora be the one who exposes Babe for what she really is when she returns to the Square?
  • JeanetteBJeanetteB Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Aunt Babe is magnificent. She's my favourite Carter. It's an unpopular opinion but I prefer to see more of Aunt Babe and Sylvie than Mick and Linda.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    JeanetteB wrote: »
    Aunt Babe is magnificent. She's my favourite Carter. It's an unpopular opinion but I prefer to see more of Aunt Babe and Sylvie than Mick and Linda.

BIB: Agree.
  • andytaylor47andytaylor47 Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe has been absolutely vicious this week! It certainly makes a change to all the shouting between Mick and Shirley.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »
    Does anyone else who watches EE and HO think this might be going down a Kim and Joe route? It might explain why Stan was so repelled by Babe in the more recent past.

Oh yes that's an interesting idea. Babe would definitely be capable of this and that could lead to her perhaps being Shirley's mum and the possibility of police involvement if she drugged Stan. However, it doesn't explain what Queenie's involvement might be :confused: Unless they regularly drugged men to sleep with them :o
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever Babe is up to it is about time that we had a woman who is a really complex and multi-faceted villain in Eastenders.

Kipling was certainly right about one thing. :D

The Female of the Species

When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
    He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
    But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
    For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

When Nag the basking cobra hears the careless foot of man,
    He will sometimes wriggle sideways and avoid it if he can.
    But his mate makes no such motion where she camps beside the trail.

When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
    They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
    'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.

Man's timid heart is bursting with the things he must not say,
    For the Woman that God gave him isn't his to give away;
    But when hunter meets with husbands, each confirms the other's tale—
    The female of the species is more deadly than the male.

Man, a bear in most relations—worm and savage otherwise,—
    Man propounds negotiations, Man accepts the compromise.
    Very rarely will he squarely push the logic of a fact
    To its ultimate conclusion in unmitigated act.

Fear, or foolishness, impels him, ere he lay the wicked low,
    To concede some form of trial even to his fiercest foe.
    Mirth obscene diverts his anger—Doubt and Pity oft perplex
    Him in dealing with an issue—to the scandal of The Sex!

But the Woman that God gave him, every fibre of her frame
    Proves her launched for one sole issue, armed and engined for the same;
    And to serve that single issue, lest the generations fail,
    The female of the species must be deadlier than the male.

She who faces Death by torture for each life beneath her breast
    May not deal in doubt or pity—must not swerve for fact or jest.
    These be purely male diversions—not in these her honour dwells—
    She the Other Law we live by, is that Law and nothing else.

She can bring no more to living than the powers that make her great
    As the Mother of the Infant and the Mistress of the Mate.
    And when Babe and Man are lacking and she strides unclaimed to claim
    Her right as femme (and baron), her equipment is the same.

She is wedded to convictions—in default of grosser ties;
    Her contentions are her children, Heaven help him who denies!—
    He will meet no suave discussion, but the instant, white-hot, wild,
    Wakened female of the species warring as for spouse and child.

Unprovoked and awful charges—even so the she-bear fights,
    Speech that drips, corrodes, and poisons—even so the cobra bites,
    Scientific vivisection of one nerve till it is raw
    And the victim writhes in anguish—like the Jesuit with the squaw!

So it comes that Man, the coward, when he gathers to confer
    With his fellow-braves in council, dare not leave a place for her
    Where, at war with Life and Conscience, he uplifts his erring hands
    To some God of Abstract Justice—which no woman understands.

And Man knows it! Knows, moreover, that the Woman that God gave him
    Must command but may not govern—shall enthral but not enslave him.
    And She knows, because She warns him, and Her instincts never fail,
    That the Female of Her Species is more deadly than the Male.
  • Zorah88Zorah88 Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    Oh yes that's an interesting idea. Babe would definitely be capable of this and that could lead to her perhaps being Shirley's mum and the possibility of police involvement if she drugged Stan. However, it doesn't explain what Queenie's involvement might be :confused: Unless they regularly drugged men to sleep with them :o
    Great idea
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Is Cora the only one who knows Babe's secret? Babe will think she has won but will Cora be the one who exposes Babe for what she really is when she returns to the Square?

I'm a bit confused about this. How does Cora know something about Babe that no one else knows? I guess we can only assume that the secret was told to her by Stan before he died. I don't believe that she is Shirley's mother though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is definitely arsenic in this marshmallow, trifle I mean.😈
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah cuddly trifle making salt of the earth Babe! she is like Attila the Hun in a frilly apron
    !

It is interesting to remember during one of Elaine's first appearances when she was saying goodbye to Linda she whispered 'don't trust Babe' to her, at the time Babe seemed the opposite to manipulative evil Stan, I wonder if Elaine will be the one to unmask Babe in the end? and could even threaten Babe's coveted position in the family if she returns on a more permanent basis, they all seem to love Elaine, whereas Babe seems to be tolerated
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    Ah cuddly trifle making salt of the earth Babe! she is like Attila the Hun in a frilly apron
    !

It is interesting to remember during one of Elaine's first appearances when she was saying goodbye to Linda she whispered 'don't trust Babe' to her, at the time Babe seemed the opposite to manipulative evil Stan, I wonder if Elaine will be the one to unmask Babe in the end? and could even threaten Babe's coveted position in the family if she returns on a more permanent basis, they all seem to love Elaine, whereas Babe seems to be tolerated

It won't be Elaine it will be Cora.