Geordie Shore

Comments

• Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are people's favourites so far then?
    For me, it would have to be Greg and Charlotte (just because she seems like a potential psycho) :D
    Vicky has good one liners, but she is quite a bitchy individual.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love VIcki she is gawjuss and she just tweeted me lol :)
    I love the show, but still prefer the only way is essex
    I dont like that these people have so much connection to the outside such as holly being allowed friends/family over all the time
  • babyeggbabyegg Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    What other regions use that strange expression they say tasche on with somone:confused:

I was just going to say that. What does it mean? I could understand 'pash on' or 'cop off' but since when does tasche mean snog?

Also, those boys don't realise that not all girls want a tongue licking all over their face at first kiss!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky would actually be quite pretty if she laid off that awful, orange fake tan! Why do so many women think it's a good look to cover yourself in creosole?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    I love VIcki she is gawjuss and she just tweeted me lol :)
    I love the show, but still prefer the only way is essex
    I dont like that these people have so much connection to the outside such as holly being allowed friends/family over all the time

But it's not like Big Brother, theres no rules about not having connections with the outside world.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babyegg wrote: »
    I was just going to say that. What does it mean? I could understand 'pash on' or 'cop off' but since when does tasche mean snog?

Also, those boys don't realise that not all girls want a tongue licking all over their face at first kiss!

Tashing on means kissing your girlfriend/boyfriend. We don't use it in my area though, we say snogging.
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babyegg wrote: »

Tashe/Tache. Moustache. Lips. I guess anyway :)
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly does come back, but it's pretty clear from her behaviour that she's bipolar or has borderline personality disorder, the massive crying outburst outside the club, the mood swings and cheating on her bf are all classic signs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Holly does come back, but it's pretty clear from her behaviour that she's bipolar or has borderline personality disorder, the massive crying outburst outside the club, the mood swings and cheating on her bf are all classic signs.

I don't think it is quite as clinical as that.

She behaves like any other typical attention seeker you see on a night out in any town across the country.

Common as muck, thick as pig sh*t, obsessed with knocking back as many shots as possible while thinking she is irresistable to all men and when she doesn't get the requisite level of attention she thinks she deserves she kicks off; starts crying, shouting and generally acting like a tw*t.

Come the next morning she gives the standard excuse of "oh I was so drunk last night I can't remember a thing".

Then it starts all over again the following weekend.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I don't think it is quite as clinical as that.

She behaves like any other typical attention seeker you see on a night out in any town across the country.

Common as muck, thick as pig sh*t, obsessed with knocking back as many shots as possible while thinking she is irresistable to all men and when she doesn't get the requisite level of attention she thinks she deserves she kicks off; starts crying, shouting and generally acting like a tw*t.

Come the next morning she gives the standard excuse of "oh I was so drunk last night I can't remember a thing".

Then it starts all over again the following weekend.

i agree, i think bi polar gets bandied about too often.

Anyway, my favourite so far is charlotte seems a good laugh.
    Vicki thinks she's top dog, and i really dont see any of the boys having any redeemable features. They have no charisma or charm - or humour.
    These are the reasons that MVP (Mike, Vinny, Pauly) are better in Jersey Shore!!
    Forum Member
    i agree, i think bi polar gets bandied about too often.

Anyway, my favourite so far is charlotte seems a good laugh.
    Vicki thinks she's top dog, and i really dont see any of the boys having any redeemable features. They have no charisma or charm - or humour.
    These are the reasons that MVP (Mike, Vinny, Pauly) are better in Jersey Shore!!

Sometimes I think I'm old beyond my years or something, I too think that Charlotte is probably the one I'd like the most in real life but I also think she is a bit of a sl*t too.

Maybe it's just me being a prude but the fact she got with that gimp with the spiky hair who thinks he's something special so soon after meeting him says to me she's not exactly a shrinking violet.

I know the point of the show is for them to all act like tossers and sleep with each other then have fights but a lot of girls in real life are like this too.

They go weak at the knees for guys with beach muscles who blow dry and straighten their hair, Veet their chests, fake tan and pluck their eyebrows and bypass the personality part of things totally.

Shows like this propagate the myth that appearances are more important than anything else and in order to pull a girl who is considered good looking you have to look, act and dress like an utter tw*t.

Conversely, in order to pull one of these alleged "fit lads" you have to wear a 3 inch long skirt, get your t*ts out and put out on the first night.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately I keep seeing ads for this programme on Viva, are they all meant to be bell-ends who we're supposed to hate?
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Unfortunately I keep seeing ads for this programme on Viva, are they all meant to be bell-ends who we're supposed to hate?

Even if the intention of MTV was to have you like these people, you will end up hating them eventually.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I can't see how anyone could see these trailers and think, "that looks good, I must watch that".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I can't see how anyone could see these trailers and think, "that looks good, I must watch that".

I did, and so must have another few hundred thousand people, judging that the ratings have increased every episode, people must like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I did, and so must have another few hundred thousand people, judging that the ratings have increased every episode, people must like it.

I like to hate it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to hate it ;)

Nope. You LOVE it! :p
    Come on, fess up! :D
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it cos its good entertainment! im thinking it should get a Bafta next year ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. You LOVE it! :p
    Come on, fess up! :D

Ssssh, don't tell anyone ;):o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even though I'm from the area, I find their behaviour at times, entertaining. I think these are just the stereotypical minority in terms of behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights episode!!
    Anyone think Holly will come back?
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights episode!!
    Anyone think Holly will come back?

I'm 99% sure Holly will come back. Can't wait for tomorrows episode :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure Holly will come back. Can't wait for tomorrows episode :D

Oh okay, yeah for some reason I agree!
    I was just reading the TV Mag and there was a 2 page article about the show, a guy went to meet the cast and went out partying with them, apparently all of them are wild, but the boys (Jay and Gaz) are exaggerated a little bit, as locals say "they aren't that bad"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings for this are incredible for MTV, the first episode got over 600,000 viewers with official ratings and +1 factored in.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught up on all 3 episodes on MTV this weekend and I LOVE it!

It's not nearly as good as Essex, mainly because the cast aren't nearly as likeable, but it's very entertaining.

I love Vicky and Greg, the rest are all missing a brain, but it's hilarious.