Wotsits

PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone noticed that these have shrunk in size? Recently opened a packet and they are not as big as i remember them to be :(

Comments

• cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a packet of Wotsits today, definitely not as good as they used to be.:(
  • SmartTIIamSmartTIIam Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I think taste buds change over time, so what was tasty to us as children are less tasty as adults. Don't people lose their sense of taste as they get older, so older people prefer food that is sweeter/saltier than when they were younger. Wonder if it's the same between childhood and adulthood.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never really liked the beef monster munch, but I used to love the pickled onion ones - do they still make them?

All Monster Munch are nice. Apart from the vanilla flavoured ones that appeared briefly.Like some bizarre cereal in a bag.

I tried Scampi Nik Naks for the first time in ages, but I didn't like them.

Off topic a bit but who's idea was Cola Flavoured Rocky Bars. I nearly vomited eating them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SmartTIIam wrote: »
    I think taste buds change over time, so what was tasty to us as children are less tasty as adults. Don't people lose their sense of taste as they get older, so older people prefer food that is sweeter/saltier than when they were younger. Wonder if it's the same between childhood and adulthood.

I cannot eat chocolate like I used to as a child, I just don't enjoy it anymore.

I prefer more savory foods now whereas when I was a child I had a sweet tooth.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Fat Controller was back posting when I saw this thread. No fair. :cry:
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember the Wotsit Wafflers?

I thought they'd been discontinued, but then I found a packet the other day, though they're made by Smiths now.

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/111688280114735346250/album/5904227418291415937/5904227413919720578?cbp=1m96zbzfqnyd4&sview=2&spath=/app/basic/stream&sparm=source%3Dapppromo
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SmartTIIam wrote: »

They have definitely changed something which has changed the way they taste, not nice at all anymore:(
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wotsits are nowhere near as good as they used to be because now they're 'healthier'

*ptooey*

Although I do occasionally get a box of Pickled Onion Space Raiders from the cash and carry
    :o
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up on crisps years ago since I became a health/fitness freak, but on cheat days Wotsits clearly are on top of the agenda, a huge bag..washed down with a gallon of ice cold Pepsi
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Wotsits are nowhere near as good as they used to be because now they're 'healthier'

*ptooey*

Although I do occasionally get a box of Pickled Onion Space Raiders from the cash and carry
    :o

I bought a 10 pack Space raiders from poundland, thought I had bagged a right bargain, opened them and there was about 8 space raiders in a packet :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle must be stuck in some kind of time warp because Wispa never went off the shelves as far as I know! I love them!

Anyone remember Spira chocolate bars? I wish they would come back
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Bobby's cheese curls are more like the old wotsits
  • marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should bring back cheetos. They were lovely! Brannigans mustard flavour are nice too.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wotsits make your fingers orange and your mouth smells like old welly socks for hours. Roast Beef monster munch wins the day for bob.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I thought Fat Controller was back posting when I saw this thread. No fair. :cry:

where is he now ?
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle must be stuck in some kind of time warp because Wispa never went off the shelves as far as I know! I love them!

Anyone remember Spira chocolate bars? I wish they would come back
    Loved Spira bars! They weren't around for long though.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MagiLisu wrote: »
    I cannot eat chocolate like I used to as a child, I just don't enjoy it anymore.

I prefer more savory foods now whereas when I was a child I had a sweet tooth.

Thats exactly what I,m like too