Will Young scores 4th number one album .. !

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
Forum Member
✭✭
Yay!
85% Proof - lands at number one...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    So pleased. Can't wait till he tours.
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Quite an achievement!
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very impressive considering how long he's been around. I thought popularity wise he'd possibly peaked a while back, but obviously not, good for him!
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    He's a class act there's not many out there that could be out the game so long and sweep back in with a number one album, great news
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The real achievement will be how it does in the long term, not the position
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Yay :) Deserved too - great album. Shows he is still popular.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Will Young. After 13 years of supporting him i am so proud and pleased. Even i a fan, thought he was in a decline and would struggle to do well in a market favouring streaming and dance-club hits. A brilliant achievement. The bigger test is going platinum which judging by listening to the album he can do with the right singles. Well done Mr Young.
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thrilled for him!

I'm a big fan and worried he'd been away so long, but the album's very good, a great listen, and I'm looking forward for a tour announcement now which should help sales. :D
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    Seems like Love Revolution did the trick in making the public aware of his new album, especially after his performance from Sunday Night Palladium broadcast last weekend.

I'd still love to see Like A River get some type of boost. I know the song isn't commercial or radio friendly, but it'd be ace if Will performs this on a TV show.
  • Vonny DVonny D Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Really pleased for Will, a class act, a great singer and a really good new album. It shows that quality still sells (at least in the album chart).
    I was worried that they had picked the wrong single from the album as there are better songs on there but obviously it didn't matter.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Will Young.

He made a decent attempt at acting in "Mrs Henderson Presents" shown recently (again) on BBC TV.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Will on his 4th number 1 album, that's all 6 of his studio albums charting in the top 2, brilliant.:D
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised and happy he got to no1 but knowing how badly albums sell these days it's hardly that much of an achievement these days, how much did it actually sell as that's the only way to determain the success of it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised and happy he got to no1 but knowing how badly albums sell these days it's hardly that much of an achievement these days, how much did it actually sell as that's the only way to determain the success of it

It's all relative, the point is it outsold all the rest.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him. :)

I was a big fan back in the days of his first album, so might have to give this a listen. I went to see him on tour a couple of times (after his second album, and I forget when else), and his live shows were brilliant, really really professional and smooth. I went with my mum and my nan and both of them thought it was a great show too, works for every generation.
  • MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listening to his album now, I've been playing it over and over, I love it.

Well done Will, I thought you'd abandoned me but you're back with a bang :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Congratulations Will on reaching no 1 for the fourth time.The album is just brilliant,not a bad song on there.Absolutely love it and you.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on his longevity!
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all relative, the point is it outsold all the rest.

It may of outside the rest but nowadays you don't need to sell much to get to number one, less than 20k is all it takes these days so the long run is what counts as number 1's don't determain success anymore, longtivity and sales is what's important, I'm not knocking him and am glad he's gone to no1, I even got the album today but people bragging it's a success is far too soon and premature to say that.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Good achievement, pathetic sales.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALl 5 of his previous albums went Platinum (300k?) see no reason this won't leg it there in the long run.

Some artists are not front loaded.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the actual sales?
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    ALl 5 of his previous albums went Platinum (300k?) see no reason this won't leg it there in the long run.

Some artists are not front loaded.

It won't get anywhere near platinum - gold if it's lucky. It's down to #7 in the midweek chart today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    It won't get anywhere near platinum - gold if it's lucky. It's down to #7 in the midweek chart today.

Well there are 6 new entries above him....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »

I think it'll make 200k total by this time next year given a few decent singles. That will be good enough for the label i feel in this day and age.

I think he'll do about 10k this week...it's holding up nicely on iTunes and Amazon.