Options

Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    If they were to do 'Come What May' it would probably be Klaine singing it. There's been twitter campaigns practically since they first met and Ryan Murphy said something on twitter about loving them to sing it.

Also yes I saw SBL and it made me cry! Amazing film! And nothing like Kurt at all which surprised me.

Apparently Ryan has been wanting to do this for ages and has been tweeting about the idea of it for some time. He's definitely said that he wants there to be a Klaine duet in it but who knows how that works given their break up and current situation?

I think they'd be best positioned to do it in the style of "Rumours" or "Saturday Night Glee-ver"...even though both of those episodes were kind of lame...The interesting thing though is how to the ND decide to start singing songs from Moulin Rouge? I can't exactly imagine Finn suggesting they do it. Mr Schue might if one of the girls was having a particular problem. It definitely seems like something Schue could work in but not Finn...unless they just make Finn shrug it off by saying Kurt and/or Rachel used to make him watch it all the time...
    And the Elephant Love Medley could be done brilliantly...
    I've never really watched Moulin Rouge (but am aware of it vaguely) but what on earth is the "Elephant Love Medley" because my first thought is that it is like a Youtube video I saw a bunch of 12 year olds watching on the iPads in the Apple store in Newcastle..."love"...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    If they were to do 'Come What May' it would probably be Klaine singing it. There's been twitter campaigns practically since they first met and Ryan Murphy said something on twitter about loving them to sing it.

Also yes I saw SBL and it made me cry! Amazing film! And nothing like Kurt at all which surprised me.

Yeah it's pretty much guaranteed that that song will go to Klaine - I dread to think how the fandom would react if went to someone else, plus Chris Colfer has talked about singing it for quite a while.

Better than Finchel or any of the new characters I guess.
    I'd love Glee to do a Moulin Rouge ep :o I'd love to hear Santana/Rachel doing The Show Must Go On or One Day I'll Fly Away. preferably Rachel for the latter.
    And the Elephant Love Medley could be done brilliantly...

I never really thought about it before but I really like the idea of Rachel singing One I'll Fly Away.

Either her or Santana singing the 'Sparkling Diamonds' song could be good too.
    huggzy wrote: »
    I've never really watched Moulin Rouge (but am aware of it vaguely) but what on earth is the "Elephant Love Medley" because my first thought is that it is like a Youtube video I saw a bunch of 12 year olds watching on the iPads in the Apple store in Newcastle..."love"...

It's basically a medley consisting of lyrics from the following songs (some of which have already been covered on the show):

-Love Is Like Oxygen
    -Love is a Many-Splendored Thing
    -Up Where We Belong
    -All You Need Is Love
    -Lover's Game
    -I Was Made For Lovin' You
    -One More Night
    -Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    -Don't Leave Me This Way
    -Silly Love Songs
    -Heroes
    -I Will Always Love You
    -Your Song

Here's the scene from the film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOPmgkentZk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Jenilou answered for me :p
    it's a scene that takes place in a giant elephant :p But the song is so clever :)
    jenilou88 wrote: »

I never really thought about it before but I really like the idea of Rachel singing One I'll Fly Away.

Either her or Santana singing the 'Sparkling Diamonds' song could be good too.

Completely agree! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically a medley consisting of lyrics from the following songs (some of which have already been covered on the show):

-Love Is Like Oxygen
    -Love is a Many-Splendored Thing
    -Up Where We Belong
    -All You Need Is Love
    -Lover's Game
    -I Was Made For Lovin' You
    -One More Night
    -Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    -Don't Leave Me This Way
    -Silly Love Songs
    -Heroes
    -I Will Always Love You

-Your Song

Here's the scene from the film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOPmgkentZk

Ooo...they've actually sung a few of those already in Glee! It seems like it would be good in a "Greatest Hits" clipshow episode :P Slightly operatic. I bet it would be a nightmare to acquire all the rights to each of those songs...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooo...they've actually sung a few of those already in Glee! It seems like it would be good in a "Greatest Hits" clipshow episode :P Slightly operatic. I bet it would be a nightmare to acquire all the rights to each of those songs...

Would they have to acquire all the rights, or just the rights to the official medley and the rights owners take care of it? genuine question :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would they have to acquire all the rights, or just the rights to the official medley and the rights owners take care of it? genuine question :o

It's so funny that you just asked that. I was just wondering the exact same thing. It's like "Moulin Rouge!" acquired the rights so do you just pay for the medley composition and then that gets filtered down...I too would be quite interested.

When they do a mash up they have to acquire both songs BUT I think thats because they aren't already a track so if they wanted to do a cover of a famous mashup would that be different...Hmm...There is also the slight issue of different rights between TV and movies? I don't know "a lot" about music rights. I know it's cheaper for Glee to be re-recording tracks rather than using the originals and the other things I mentioned but I don't know what precedent there is for medleys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having read the wikipedia synopsis for the 2001 film...I mean...what?!...what a strange, strange story. Seems like the ending would be quite sad. I don't really know how they could work it into the story of Glee...I can't see how it could be forced in either given current storylines like some of the other tribute episodes have. It made sense to have female empowerment with Madonna. The idea of teenagers spreading "rumours" works etc.

I could have seen it working for Sam and Mercedes with unrequited love. Maybe the love triangle of Marley, Jake and Ryder but then neither Jake nor Ryder is enough of a jerk to have tried to "buy" Marley although I suppose they did bargin about her with "Gangnam Style"...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having read the wikipedia synopsis for the 2001 film...I mean...what?!...what a strange, strange story. Seems like the ending would be quite sad. I don't really know how they could work it into the story of Glee...I can't see how it could be forced in either given current storylines like some of the other tribute episodes have. It made sense to have female empowerment with Madonna. The idea of teenagers spreading "rumours" works etc.

I'd just split up with my boyfriend the first time I watched it, then you get a song like Come What May...I'm terrible with films anyway, but I was a wreck :o
    It's a really sad film, it's a really "wtf" film, but in a good way :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just split up with my boyfriend the first time I watched it, then you get a song like Come What May...I'm terrible with films anyway, but I was a wreck :o
    It's a really sad film, it's a really "wtf" film, but in a good way :)

I imagine it is somewhat like "Rocky Horror" in terms of "wtf"-ness? I've never properly watched "Rocky Horror" but I know I'd like it. I've just never sought it out or had the chance to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I imagine it is somewhat like "Rocky Horror" in terms of "wtf"-ness? I've never properly watched "Rocky Horror" but I know I'd like it. I've just never sought it out or had the chance to watch it.

Saw that for the first time recently too, having only seen the Glee version...it is amazing, but entirely WTF :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw that for the first time recently too, having only seen the Glee version...it is amazing, but entirely WTF :p

I saw it on tv not long after the Glee episode came out - pretty strange film throughout but ending was really really bizarre!

I guess for those who haven't seen it before Moulin Rouge is all a bit WTF too. It is a good love story and the ending is sad but it's also very OTT, camp and theatrical.
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Ryley to happen, I ship them so much. Jarley have no chemistry whatsoever, and it seems the producers are heading for a long relationship :cry::cry::cry::( I hope that Jake gets back with Kitty, then all would be good in my eyes. I can see him cheating on Marley, as he's clearly a womanizer just like Puck, so I'm remaining optimistic for the likelihood of Ryley actually happening at one point during this season. Ryder is so much better for Marley, he's very supportive and sweet.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up on the series so far.

I'm really not warming to Blake Jenner, I liked him in the GP but I can't help but feel they went for an easy option and one of the girls should have won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Finally caught up on the series so far.

I'm really not warming to Blake Jenner, I liked him in the GP but I can't help but feel they went for an easy option and one of the girls should have won.

But without another man to seek approval from how else would Marley be able to function...ooo things went a bit feminist there...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they do a Moulin Rouge episode, I want Joe to sing Your Song. Seriously, Samuel Larsen's voice would be perfect. I also think I'm starting to ship him and Kitty, I think it's obvious that eventually she's going to become a nice person and I want Joe to be the one to help her develop into that nice person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they do a Moulin Rouge episode, I want Joe to sing Your Song. Seriously, Samuel Larsen's voice would be perfect. I also think I'm starting to ship him and Kitty, I think it's obvious that eventually she's going to become a nice person and I want Joe to be the one to help her develop into that nice person.

Honestly I would be genuinely surprised if Joe gets more than 5 lines in the remainder of this season let alone another storyline of his own. I have nothing against the actor or character I just don't think it is very likely nor a direction in which the show should go right now. It's a shame for those characters which are essentially extras but I hope they dedicate some time to him for you :) plus he is a junior which means there is always next year if they keep him around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly I would be genuinely surprised if Joe gets more than 5 lines in the remainder of this season let alone another storyline of his own. I have nothing against the actor or character I just don't think it is very likely nor a direction in which the show should go right now. It's a shame for those characters which are essentially extras but I hope they dedicate some time to him for you :) plus he is a junior which means there is always next year if they keep him around.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm really not expecting anything either. It's just annoying because Blake Jenner who won the second season of the glee project has had so many more scenes and solos in the past 8 episodes than Samuel Larsen's had since halfway through season 3. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Blake doesn't deserve those solos because he does and his dyslexia storyline thing was really good, he really shone in those scenes. It's just Samuel deserves a decent storyline too and much more solos because his voice (imo) is one of the best on this show, much better than Finn's and Jake's.

Also, he's the only person from the glee project who's never a sung a song, entirely on his own. Lindsay had that thing at sectionals, Unique had starships and various other songs, Damian had like 3 songs and I read somewhere that Blake's got a song coming up on his own. It's just frustrating. The writers/producers might not be doing much with him because he hasn't had much of a huge fan reaction and stuff, but I think that's down to the fact that they've done next to nothing with him and you can't really react to well . . . nothing. I loved him in the Whitney Houston episode when he went to therapy with Quinn and the scene with him and Sam in the locker room seemed so real, I wish they'd developed the thing with Quinn a bit more somehow, they had great chemistry. And his interfaith paintball team moment has genuinely been my favourite moment this season :D Basically, the guy has a great voice, can play guitar, piano and drums and he's got a lot of potential and they should do something with him.

I'm sorry, I realise I've gone off on a bit of a tangent haha and if it seems like I'm ranting at you I'm not, I'm just frustrated at the writers/producers for not doing anything with him :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she's another background character who does little more than help fill up the numbers in the choir room but I think it's a shame they haven't developed Sugar's role on the show. I don't care for most of ND and she's one of the few I'd be happy to get some focus - she's shown potential. I'm not sure whether she's still supposed to be a terrible singer but her being featured on some songs wouldn't be the worst continuity fail the show's ever done.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too am annoyed at the lack of Sugar. They let Mike's singing 'improve', so why not Ms Motta's?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure whether she's still supposed to be a terrible singer but her being featured on some songs wouldn't be the worst continuity fail the show's ever done.

No, the worst thing continuity-wise in relation to Sugar is the fact that she is a terrible singer and a terrible dancer and has a pretty lousy attitude...but still made it into the New Directions when the Troubletones came back...but yet in S4 the Glee club held auditions and some pretty awful people also did not get in. Now granted they were awful in a different way but it is a little bit "...hmm...". It kind of implies that the only use Sugar has is her money which isn't a great message. Of course this is just reading into something at a different level and it's not exactly something that bugs me.

On a related note, the second episode after the Christmas break sees the ND attempting to raise money so it'll be interesting to see how they get around Sugar just paying for things like she did in the Valentines episode last year.
    Apparently...
    The ND boys are posing for a "Men of McKinley Calendar" (you may remember this from a throwaway joke in previous seasons) which looks like it might be raising money for Regionals after Sam goes on a mission in the first episode after the break to discover that the Warbler's cheated...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I too am annoyed at the lack of Sugar. They let Mike's singing 'improve', so why not Ms Motta's?

because she has no penis
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ninostar wrote: »
    because she has no penis

True. Perhaps they can write in some way for a man to validate her singing, so she can have a sense of self-worth?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the worst thing continuity-wise in relation to Sugar is the fact that she is a terrible singer and a terrible dancer and has a pretty lousy attitude...but still made it into the New Directions when the Troubletones came back...but yet in S4 the Glee club held auditions and some pretty awful people also did not get in. Now granted they were awful in a different way but it is a little bit "...hmm...". It kind of implies that the only use Sugar has is her money which isn't a great message. Of course this is just reading into something at a different level and it's not exactly something that bugs me.

On a related note, the second episode after the Christmas break sees the ND attempting to raise money so it'll be interesting to see how they get around Sugar just paying for things like she did in the Valentines episode last year.
    Apparently...
    The ND boys are posing for a "Men of McKinley Calendar" (you may remember this from a throwaway joke in previous seasons) which looks like it might be raising money for Regionals after Sam goes on a mission in the first episode after the break to discover that the Warbler's cheated...

Re: the whole sugar/knocking back crap singers

I think they thought they could afford to knock people back having won that comp thing. Glad she's out tbh only good thing she did was Frenchy because she looked like Didi Conn with pink hair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ninostar wrote: »
    because she has no penis

You can't know that... :D
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read the wikipedia synopsis for the 2001 film...I mean...what?!...what a strange, strange story.

Moulin Rouge is basically Baz Luhrmann's homage to the opera La Boheme.
This discussion has been closed.