Doctor Who - S8E12 - Death in Heaven - 8th Nov '14 - BBC One (HD) @ 8:00pm

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it just me who feels like that ending fell flat the masters return how she changed ect was never really explained i was hoping for a huge cliffhanger with missy but no

Agree. They totally wasted her. Nothing was explained. A total waste of potential.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that was terrible, the sneak peek was terrible. get another writer now.

You do realise that not every episode is written by the same person??
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't enjoy that, I liked Missy found her hilarious and sort of scary but nothing really happened and I was expecting something big and also is that the end of Clara? Well until like an episode return like Martha.
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is that the end of Clara then? Why didn't she tell the Doctor about Danny coming back?
    And what about the child? He died years ago, so how are his parents going to react to their young son coming back? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • CrowleySrCrowleySr Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Was there another Thick of It renunion tonight? Glen Cullen in the Chaplet Rest Home
  • ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this ep just felt a bit flat, after the excitement of last week
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Feeling a little flat after that. Not sure why.
  • Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased as punch with that finale.

It did so damn much right, my favourite of which was really selling the new Cyber designs, making the cyber conversion creepy again, and the fact that the Doctor just admitted he was a doddering idiot bumming about the universe to help and have a laugh was a perfect summary of who he is.

The Danny arc came to a satisfying end, and the story really delivered on both emotion and spectacle. Missy is still great, the Doctor's anger at the end was great, and an excellent departure for Jenna. :)

And the Brig... damn that got me. I just thought he was gonna salute the painting, but this was much better.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive kinda warmed to Peter Capaldi, and they way hes portraying this doctor, hes not as bad as I thought he would be, but, its the scripts, they are lacking something. Theres no edge, no suspense. They need more punch!
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I was supposed to care for Danny, but I really didn't give a shit. He was put in this really important position despite having very little development and just being a boring character in general.

What a shame. It's amazing how I enjoyed the first half of the episode immensely and then ended up hating the rest of it.
  • theboyroddtheboyrodd Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    The ending fell very flat no real explanations was hoping for more. I think it's time Moffat gave someone else a go
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    Future Danny not explained....hmmmmm

maybe they done a Simpson's poochy and just killed him off and sod the plot holes :D
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it just me who feels like that ending fell flat the masters return how she changed ect was never really explained i was hoping for a huge cliffhanger with missy but no

I think moffats given up trying to make the stories logical and consistent.

Missy was good though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    Future Danny not explained....hmmmmm

Yes this is what ive been thinking. Unless that was an alternate universe.:confused:
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was the kid?
  • BonesMcCoyBonesMcCoy Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Apart from a nice tribute to the Brig that really fell flat lacking any suspense, drama, being spectacular that a finale should have.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode.

But very dissapointed with the last 10 minutes

And that Santa interuption was horribly misjudged.
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Shes preggo??

I was thinking that too. Unless somehow Danny isn't really 'dead' dead, or comes back like somebody from The Returned or Resurrection.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was brilliant until the last fifteen minutes. Missy died. A whole series build up only for her to pop it at the hands of... the reanimated corpse of the Brigadier, now transformed into Ironm-, sorry, I mean, a Cyberman. Then Clara leaves in what I assume was supposed to be a scene which the viewer finds upsetting; instead it's just frustrating that both characters are lying to one another. Anticlimax doesn't even cover it.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another excellent ep. Get Missy back ASAP, she even eclipsed John Simm, who I loved.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    Feckin loved it.

I see I am a minority, what a complete and utter surprise :D

I loved it too
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed that, it wasn't super OMG amazing though and I thought the end was a bit rushed, one minute it's a super army then they've like all blown up, but overall I liked the tone of it.

I also liked the ending with the hug and the lying.

Alien meets Santa at Christmas, I can get on board with that :p
  • alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Who was the kid?

It was the boy Danny accidently shot when he was in the army.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased as punch with that finale.

It did so damn much right, my favourite of which was really selling the new Cyber designs, making the cyber conversion creepy again, and the fact that the Doctor just admitted he was a doddering idiot bumming about the universe to help and have a laugh was a perfect summary of who he is.

The Danny arc came to a satisfying end, and the story really delivered on both emotion and spectacle. Missy is still great, the Doctor's anger at the end was great, and an excellent departure for Jenna. :)

And the Brig... damn that got me. I just thought he was gonna salute the painting, but this was much better.

But it didn't make any sense.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Who was the kid?

The kid, that Danny killed.