They may as well just have 4 members in One Direction

BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone noticed that louis never gets any solo's and always seems like he is miming in the group parts

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that louis never gets any solo's and always seems like he is miming in the group parts

Yes. But he's still my second favourite member (after Harry :p) because he is hilarious! He is actually quite popular because of the videos and interviews and I think he plays a bigger role in the band than people think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's the comedian- he takes the lead in behind the scene VT's-

this is incredibly important to the success of One Direction- almost more important that the vocal performances- it is a carefully nuanced role

It may seem likes he's miming- but that's only because the vocals are almost too good to be true- nobody in One Direction mimes though:(- they are a better vocal harmony group than Boys to Men
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be a duo. Harry and Liam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Suppose you could say that about Take That too.

5 piece but not all can sing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hm which one is louis?
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    It should be a duo. Harry and Liam.
    That would be pretty hilarious given that Harry is incapable of singing. :o

The only members of 1 Direction that actually have a point are Liam (Sings!), Niall (Sings!) and Zayn (Shouldn't Sing! But Does Sing!). The others are just there to make up the numbers. ;)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that Zain has been a parrot for most of the competition. He usually just repeats what the others have just sung, with added "Oooooh, yeah".
  • idlewildgirlidlewildgirl Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching back the judges house audition and it looked like he was just moving his mouth and no words were coming out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed that Zain has been a parrot for most of the competition. He usually just repeats what the others have just sung, with added "Oooooh, yeah".

Nail on head! I've noticed this aswell! but he's the fittest soo... that doesn't matter ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the comedian- he takes the lead in behind the scene VT's-

this is incredibly important to the success of One Direction- almost more important that the vocal performances- it is a carefully nuanced role

Exactly he's the group leader, he keeps the others entertained, he is good in the interview sections and he looks after Harry.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    He got a couple of solos.

Plus without him all the video diaries and videos in general on the x factor website would be utter Sh!te. He has more personality than the other 4 put together and probably everyone else in the show apart from Aiden who like Louis seems wonderfully slightly bonkers.

If one member should be struk out it should be either Zain... or Niall IMO
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    That would be pretty hilarious given that Harry is incapable of singing. :o

The only members of 1 Direction that actually have a point are Liam (Sings!), Niall (Sings!) and Zayn (Shouldn't Sing! But Does Sing!). The others are just there to make up the numbers. ;)

Which is such a shame as he is the best singer in the group!
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should just have one member and four mirrors :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently he plays amazing piano and has written arrangements for the boys - at least three of them can sight-read music.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    Which is such a shame as he is the best singer in the group!
    According to his fans! :p We haven't seen much evidence of it, to be honest.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Eejit wrote: »
    According to his fans! :p We haven't seen much evidence of it, to be honest.

Apart from his 1st audtion and what he did at judges houses off course
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the Mark Owen of 1 Direction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    In all seriousness, I thought there was only four
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    Apparently he plays amazing piano and has written arrangements for the boys - at least three of them can sight-read music.

Where did you hear that? I do remember one of them saying they could play the piano and I also think he is shown with a guitar once too!
  • topsymorrelltopsymorrell Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Louis has sung loads and he's is my absolute fave

He sings great and is the best looking
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they should go the whole hog, forget about the pretence of any vocal talent and just do a remakes of the Keystone Cop movies...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always think that the one who doesn't get many solo's is Harry. I quite like Louis voice.
  • LittleMissOboeLittleMissOboe Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    to be honest i think the best singer is liam, but the thing that annoys me about one direction is how they're not really a proper band - as in, they never sing harmony, they all just sing the melody all the time, and the backing track does the harmonies for them....
    i think if one week they actually came out and stood still and sang a slow ballad then that would show whether they were atually good or not.. cos right now its just 5 good-looking guys jumping up and down on stage singing the main melody line.
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zain seems to just be there for his looks
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think if one week they actually came out and stood still and sang a slow ballad then that would show whether they were atually good or not...
    They aren't and that's the reason they don't...

None of them seem capable of holding a tune and they can't sing in time with each other or the music - all of which make harmonies impossible. The producers aren't stupid and do their level best to cover up just how utterly appalling one dire boyband are, but they can't work miracles.