Options

A Gay guy having trouble dating Gay guys.

blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any of the Gay guys here had the same problems this Gay guy had?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIum-TIW__w&list=UUay_OLhWtf9iklq8zg_or0g&src_vid=t6RozEGxFWU&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_26758381

After all the various Gay nut jobs he encountered at least it had a happy ending. :)

Comments

• Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    They're always up for the sex. I suppose if he wanted a life partner it would be a bit more time consuming.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It beats me how gay guys ever become a couple, never mind get married! :confused:

It's either f*ck buds or the odd date. Anyone you meet you would actually like as a partner doesn't want a relationship 'in case anyone finds out' they are gay.

Where do gay couples find each other? It's a mystery! It's not Fitlads or Gay Romeo, I know that much :(
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He missed out the older man who's obsessed with teenagers and will dump you as soon as something younger comes along.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Any of the Gay guys here had the same problems this Gay guy had?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIum-TIW__w&list=UUay_OLhWtf9iklq8zg_or0g&src_vid=t6RozEGxFWU&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_26758381

After all the various Gay nut jobs he encountered at least it had a happy ending. :)

So how many times are you going to mention "gay" in one post?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    So how many times are you going to mention "gay" in one post?

Five times.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    Is that you roger?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Is that you roger?

:confused:
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that you roger?
    :D

I think he's on an enforced holiday...............that might be my wishful thinking though :kitty:
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    :D

I think he's on an enforced holiday...............that might be my wishful thinking though :kitty:

Soon as I read the thread title I was sure it was him cos this sort of thread is his hobby
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soon as I read the thread title I was sure it was him cos this sort of thread is his hobby

Me too. I usually expect race-baiting from this one.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    They're always up for the sex. I suppose if he wanted a life partner it would be a bit more time consuming.

You can say the same about most heterosexual guys. Most prefer to go clubbing to pull birds until they're in their late 20s or mid-30s. :D
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuine question, do folk ever see gay guys holding hands in the street ?

I have seen them hugging, kissing, etc but can't recall seeing what I think is one of the sweetest public signs of affection.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have seen them hugging, kissing, etc but can't recall seeing what I think is one of the sweetest public signs of affection.

Yes, I have, but usually when they're seated. There was a couple sitting opposite me, holding hands loosely, in a tube carriage a few days ago. The last time I saw a couple holding hands whilst walking was a few months ago near Mornington Crescent.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...cottaging is very sweet :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In Central London it's not uncommon :)
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    It's a minefield.
    I've a good few single friends - lovely guys, sorted, sane, intelligent, affluent etc, and they can't find suitable partners at all :(
    There's obviously the sex-orientated types only into casual meet ups and whatnot, but there's also a good deal of the bunny boiler types who have usually been deceived and ill-treated by the former type masquerading as sincere, and they therefore cannot trust anyone.

I realise that I'm one of the lucky ones in that I happened to find someone while not really looking, and I don't mean that in a smug way; I feel extremely grateful.
    I would absolutely hate being single and gay at my age now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    It's a minefield.
    I've a good few single friends - lovely guys, sorted, sane, intelligent, affluent etc, and they can't find suitable partners at all :(
    There's obviously the sex-orientated types only into casual meet ups and whatnot, but there's also a good deal of the bunny boiler types who have usually been deceived and ill-treated by the former type masquerading as sincere, and they therefore cannot trust anyone.

I realise that I'm one of the lucky ones in that I happened to find someone while not really looking, and I don't mean that in a smug way; I feel extremely grateful.
    I would absolutely hate being single and gay at my age now.

It's depressing! And worryingly I'm a few years older than you :cry::(
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably better off ignoring the dating apps etc and getting down to places and getting to know people especially at unusual times as i'm sure friday/saturday night are generally cattle market probably with loud music and everyone drunk so visit on a sunday afternoon for a quiet bevvy and see who's around and perhaps also check out any notice boards they have for events so you can widen your circle of people as quite often its a friend of a friend of a friend who catches your eye
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Probably better off ignoring the dating apps etc and getting down to places and getting to know people especially at unusual times as i'm sure friday/saturday night are generally cattle market probably with loud music and everyone drunk so visit on a sunday afternoon for a quiet bevvy and see who's around and perhaps also check out any notice boards they have for events so you can widen your circle of people as quite often its a friend of a friend of a friend who catches your eye

Yes that's probably sound advice; getting chatting naturally or becoming involved in a nice group of friends is a good way of finding someone well-adjusted and not creepy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I had quite a funny conversation with a gay couple in their 80's recently. There is nothing stereotypically gay about the way they look - I mean, they dress like men in their 80's, not like that man off Supermarket Sweep, whose name escapes me.

They attend a lunch club for retired people where they are happy and have made good friends, but say that the others REFUSE to believe that they are gay, even though they walk through the door, week after week, holding hands. The others keep saying things like, "you are close to your brother, aren't you?" :D
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite often in parts of London - that said there have been homophobic attacks in the last few days in Soho and Surbiton (according to Pink News) so dunno how safe I'd feel. Savage beating in Manchester too.

A friend of mine in his mid 40s met his life partner on Grindr recently. Both lovely, normal guys so it can happen. Obviously some areas are easier than others to find people..
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and i should say don't just look at gay only groups etc, just get yourself out there as there could be someone straight who just happens to have a gay friend give them a lift from the group and you meet and say hi and the rest is history so they say

the wider the net the more chance you have of catching fish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had quite a funny conversation with a gay couple in their 80's recently. There is nothing stereotypically gay about the way they look - I mean, they dress like men in their 80's, not like that man off Supermarket Sweep, whose name escapes me.

They attend a lunch club for retired people where they are happy and have made good friends, but say that the others REFUSE to believe that they are gay, even though they walk through the door, week after week, holding hands. The others keep saying things like, "you are close to your brother, aren't you?" :D

That's Dale Winton, who I don't think is even close to being 80 years old :o:D

I'm sure he'd flounce off of this thread in disgust at the mere thought of being considered so old!! :D
  • Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dale Winton.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Dale Winton is like a hero for the gay men. He's successful, dresses in nice suits, has a nice tan, pearly white teeth. He oozes charisma.