Caramel Chunky Kit Kat

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,555
    Forum Member
    Lucky you - I saw the hazelnut one in the airport at Sharm-el-Sheikh last year but they tried to charge me 100 Egyptian pounds (£10) for that, a small tub of Pringles and some chewing gum so I put it back. I'd love to try one though!

We should become 'KitKat pals' and send them to each other!!!:D

That is a really good idea (apart from for my diet!!) - everytime I go back to the UK I spend time sampling all the new chocolate on the market (that Galaxy with cookies was unbelievable!) and always come back having to crash diet for a week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maimou wrote: »
    That is a really good idea (apart from for my diet!!) - everytime I go back to the UK I spend time sampling all the new chocolate on the market (that Galaxy with cookies was unbelievable!) and always come back having to crash diet for a week!

LOL - my friends used to live in Papua New Guinea and they came back to the UK for a years' furlough. My friend ended up having to join Weightwatchers because of all the food she was having over here and the lack of exercise - she had to walk everywhere in PNG!

Her biggest downfall was bread though, as they couldn't buy it there and if she tried to make it it would never rise due to the altitude!

I'd love an American 'chocolate pen pal' - I adore Reeses chocolate and Lays ready salted crisps!:o

Haven't tried the Galaxy cookies - please don't tell me where to get them from though!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Aren't Lays crisps just the same as Walkers crisps over here though? I've seen them in Greece/Europe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Aren't Lays crisps just the same as Walkers crisps over here though? I've seen them in Greece/Europe.

I think they are but they tasted completely different somehow! They seemed thinner and therefore crispier!

Or maybe it's just because I was in America and everything I ate tasted great!
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

They are exactly the same. Walkers are owned by Frito-Lays but don't use the name on the continent.

As for the KK Caramel, after searching high and low for 2 weeks - i've finally got some and ... very dissapointing. I was expecting much runnier caramel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,555
    Forum Member
    I think they are but they tasted completely different somehow! They seemed thinner and therefore crispier!

Or maybe it's just because I was in America and everything I ate tasted great!

It's true that the Lays here seem thinner than walker's equivalent - but I actually prefer the thicker Walker's - another thing I really miss!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maimou wrote: »
    It's true that the Lays here seem thinner than walker's equivalent - but I actually prefer the thicker Walker's - another thing I really miss!!

I'll be sending you a food parcel at this rate, like I used to when my (now ex) husband was in Kosovo!;)

His weakness was fizzy cola bottles.