Options

Healthy Guide dog put down to please dead owner

2»

Comments

• Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she did mean after the dog died of natural causes and the family are just really thick. I have pets that I'm very fond of but I wouldn't want them to die just because I had. Nor would I want my loved ones executed at my graveside. Weird.
  • Options
    Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm as far from a dog lover as you can get but how is this legal?
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Maybe she did mean after the dog died of natural causes and the family are just really thick. I have pets that I'm very fond of but I wouldn't want them to die just because I had. Nor would I want my loved ones executed at my graveside. Weird.

Yeah, it's a weird sort of canine suttee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I know I could go in to a vets and have my cats put down tomorrow if I wanted. .
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member

Cant see what law has been broken though. Although this is in Australia.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that it sounds completely selfish. I love my dog to bits but I would never, ever do that to her in a million years.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Sick.:(
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    I'm sure this is exactly what she meant.

When someone says "I want to be buried next to my husband" they don't mean they want their husband murdered and dumped in their coffin.

Sh*t. I've got a phone call to make.
  • Options
    Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wench wrote: »

i just sort of assumed you weren't allowed to kill healthy animals for no reason.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/world/16566907/healthy-guide-dog-killed-to-grant-final-wish/

Just one of the most selfish things I've heard of.

The time it takes to train a guide dog, this seems such a waste, all for the sefish wishes of the owner..

Lucky she didn't own a private zoo.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    I'm sure this is exactly what she meant.

When someone says "I want to be buried next to my husband" they don't mean they want their husband murdered and dumped in their coffin.
    Reminds me of the time old Fred phoned 999. He explained, in a very panicky state, that he'd accidently shot his mate Bob dead whilst they were both out hunting. The 999 operator says 'Ok, calm down. First we need to make sure he's actually dead and we can take it from there'. The operator keeps talking, but realises Fred's no longer on the line. Then she hears a gun-shot. Fred comes back on the line and says 'Right, now he's definitely dead. What do I do?'.
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time old Fred phoned 999. He explained, in a very panicky state, that he'd accidently shot his mate Bob dead whilst they were both out hunting. The 999 operator says 'Ok, calm down. First we need to make sure he's actually dead and we can take it from there'. The operator keeps talking, but realises Fred's no longer on the line. Then she hears a gun-shot. Fred comes back on the line and says 'Right, now he's definitely dead. What do I do?'.

Snort!:D
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just sort of assumed you weren't allowed to kill healthy animals for no reason.

Being born the "wrong" breed is a good enough reason to put down some dogs.

Imagine if that were done with humans? I'm sorry, your baby is a <inset race here> so we're going to have to put it down.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/world/16566907/healthy-guide-dog-killed-to-grant-final-wish/

Just one of the most selfish things I've heard of.

The time it takes to train a guide dog, this seems such a waste, all for the sefish wishes of the owner..

Agreed, but we don't know the precise circumstances, and the death threats are the usual product of the moron.
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    She probably meant after the dog had died naturally. Silly moo's...

exactly
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    gashead wrote: »

Ha ha! I was thinking that exact same joke.:D:D:D
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that explains it then