Poor David Beckham

124»

Comments

• Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the reason that the journalist Liz Jones dislikes VB is equally childish. VB didn't thank her profusely enough over something she did for her and as a result all her writing's on VB are very negative. These hacks have enormous ego's you know. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    Good point, but all tv punitry and endorsements aside, he has always taken his football seriously!

And as a professional sportsman, Im sure if you'd asked him he would say he'd rather be on the pitch getting stuck in, than talking about it!

Absolutely. Good post.
    Zmiler7 wrote: »
    Easily led by his stick, and a totally driven by money & fame.

I'm no longer 100% convinced he had an affair with Rebecca Loos. It is possible she's a huge liar. I also disagree that David's totally driven by money and fame, that's his wife. He'd put his football first every time, I think.
    It's been announced that Beckham has totally torn the tendon and it has been operated on, but he will be out for 5 -8 months now. I don't care much for his stickleback wife, but I do have a lot of respect for David Beckham. I would have like to see him bowing out after winning the World Cup for England, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I've never had any time for her, but he's a different story altogether.
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Well the reason that the journalist Liz Jones dislikes VB is equally childish. VB didn't thank her profusely enough over something she did for her and as a result all her writing's on VB are very negative. These hacks have enormous ego's you know. :D

I don't know who would irritate me more, pish or Liz Jones. Probably Liz Jones.

As for Piers Moron. I suppose he's just sticking his oar in. I don't see how he can have anything negative to say about David. He's a nice guy, he does a lot for charity and he's totally dedicated to his football. OK, he takes the money and he does like the celeb lifestyle but I have never known David to not be 100% committed to the football. That's why I feel so sorry for him. I'm sure he'd have loved to have played for his country one last time. Next time, at 39, he'll be much too old.
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth "Poor David"?

If he gave a toss about his football he wouldn't have naffed off to LA to become a laughing stock albeit a very rich laughing stock. He is driven by money and publicity, whether it is at her instance I dont know.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do tire of hearing about the constant Beckham circus. It always has to be about him.

He's going to the World Cup.......they talk about him non-stop, he's not going to the World Cup......they talk about him non-stop - even when AC Milan lost quite comprehensively last week, they still had to focus on him.

He has been a commendable servant to England but he made it tougher for himself by beggaring off to LA for the sake of further fame and riches in a Disneyland 'soccer' league.
  • IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    Why on earth "Poor David"?

If he gave a toss about his football he wouldn't have naffed off to LA to become a laughing stock albeit a very rich laughing stock. He is driven by money and publicity, whether it is at her instance I dont know.
    Absolutely Val, anyway I prefer to believe it's Karma
    it came back to bite him on the bum in the end.
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Beckham isn't going to play in the World Cup because the circus that has surrounded him has really annoyed me over the years.He's was part of a team yet he separated himself from the other players.Maybe now the attention will be on the field instead of off it.I just hope Beckham doesn't go out there and distract the attention away from the England players who have a job to do.

There's no doubt that Beckham has been well past his prime, so much so that he hardly played for the AC Milan side because he simply wasn't match fit.I felt sorry for the AC Milan players who had to step aside for such an egotist. He alone decided to go & play in a Mickey Mouse league in LA so don't feel sorry for him.He'll still pick up millions for the three years left on his contract.The England team needs the next generation to achieve success and Beckham just wasn't part of that future.

would have not would of.

you are not your
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I do tire of hearing about the constant Beckham circus. It always has to be about him.

He's going to the World Cup.......they talk about him non-stop, he's not going to the World Cup......they talk about him non-stop - even when AC Milan lost quite comprehensively last week, they still had to focus on him.

He has been a commendable servant to England but he made it tougher for himself by beggaring off to LA for the sake of further fame and riches in a Disneyland 'soccer' league.

Well, now it's not gonna be about Beckham, it'll be about someone else. We'll have a gutful of Rooney and Colleen now and some of the other WAGS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, now it's not gonna be about Beckham, it'll be about someone else. We'll have a gutful of Rooney and Colleen now and some of the other WAGS.

Rooney is a little more pivotal to England's immediate future than Beckham though.

Beckham is in the twilight of his career; they need to start focusing on the younger players.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Rooney is a little more pivotal to England's immediate future than Beckham though.

Beckham is in the twilight of his career; they need to start focusing on the younger players.

I'd rather not have a gutful of any one person. I'd rather they just concentrate on the game as a whole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather not have a gutful of any one person. I'd rather they just concentrate on the game as a whole.

It's a noble thought but the media cannot help but hype one player over the rest, whether it be Beckham, Rooney or whoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember this?

If medical science fails, we can always have another go at channelling healing vibes (preferably not via Mr Geller) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember this?

If medical science fails, we can always have another go at channelling healing vibes (preferably not via Mr Geller) :D

Oh yes...I remember it.

I believe he was also advised to sleep in an oxygen tent at the time.....all under the watchful gaze of Mr Fruitcake - sorry, Geller - presumably. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I saw the title of this article and thought you were referring to this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/03/17/david-beckham-shares-a-bubble-bath-with-james-corden-picture-115875-22116389/ :eek:

The guy has a heart of gold to put himself through that trauma for a good cause.

Get well soon, Becks!