Emmy's bad editing claims

Comments

• Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way Aleks should have been picked over Emmy.

Danny's logic was totally bizarre. He choose Aleks because he said that Aleks needed more coaching....and Danny is a coach.

So Emmy's greater talent was used AGAINST her.

That's only what Danny SAID his logic was. I wouldn't be suprised if his real logic was 'the producers told me to pick Alex because he'll appeal to the young girls'.

I don't think Emmy came accross badly anyway. It looked like Alex was bumbling through his rehersal and she was basically trying to babysit him in order for the performance to go well.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Order wrote: »
    What exactly did she say or do to deserve to be branded a 'bitch'?
    She said in the VT that she'd been supporting Aleks in rehearsal, but on stage she'd be out to promote herself.

Basically this ^ I just thought she came across as bitchy and a bit stuck-up tbh, as if she didn't really care about Aleks. Then she didn't look too happy when he got chosen over her, even though he sounded better imo, the song didn't really suit her. Sure she was good, but her attitude didn't come across well at all.
    Aleks being picked proved it was nothing about the voice.

People fawning over him because he looked vulnerable is patronising to say the least.

What? Aleks has a lovely unique voice, Emmy just sounded like a cheap version of Diana Vickers. Danny did say that he wants to help Aleks to improve, and he wants to coach him and take on that role etc etc. It was definitely the right decision anyway.
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's a bitch tbh. They didn't make her say the things she said, despite them choosing what to show of her. She's irrelevant now anyway, in a week's time no-one will even remember her.

That last remark is much bitchier than anything she said. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically this ^ I just thought she came across as bitchy and a bit stuck-up tbh, as if she didn't really care about Aleks. Then she didn't look too happy when he got chosen over her, even though he sounded better imo, the song didn't really suit her. Sure she was good, but her attitude didn't come across well at all.

What? Aleks has a lovely unique voice, Emmy just sounded like a cheap version of Diana Vickers. Danny did say that he wants to help Aleks to improve, and he wants to coach him and take on that role etc etc. It was definitely the right decision anyway.

Why would she care for Aleks? It's not like they've grew up together and suddenly she's disowned him to win the show. It's a competition, she helped Aleks out from what I saw, but then commented on how when it comes to the actual battle, she'll be focusing on herself and making sure she does the best she can do. Nothing wrong with that considering they're competing against one another :confused:

And of course she didn't look happy when Aleks was chosen over her! The show could've potentially changed her life and gave her her dream job. It's a competition and she wanted to win - like all of them do.

Diana Vickers, really? She's nothing like Diana Vickers. I love how everyone compares 'different' singers to Diana on here. Nearly every female who didn't sound like Mariah Carey was compared to her on the discussion thread! :rolleyes:

If they don't sound like a 'cheap version' of Mariah Carey, they're just a 'cheap version' of Diana Vickers instead... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I preferred Emmy's audition, and she has a great voice, but I thought she was a bit all over the place in the battle. Aleks was really shaky at the start, but he got better and better throughout the song. I don't think Emmy came across as particularly bitchy, but I still would have picked Aleks.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't really matter how things are edited, the Judge/Coaches saw the whole battle live and chose accordingly. This is what gets forgotten by the viewers and perhaps why they made some (to the viewer) bizarre choices.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved her voice but not her personality, and I rather liked Aleks voice.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was curious about the edit on a number of contestants.

It usually seemed like the person who made it through looked like the good guy pre-battle..and the loser nearly always appeared slightly arrogant or cocky. It made me wonder if they edited positively for the person they knew had won.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    They didn't make out Ben or Lindsay or lots of them to be horrid or ungracious.

They can only use the material they have. Don't give them any ammunition and they can't edit it to make you look bad.
  • Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What? Aleks has a lovely unique voice

Singing out of tune is unique...I suppose.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hicken wrote: »
    That last remark is much bitchier than anything she said. ;)

We all know it's true though. ;)
    Order wrote: »
    Why would she care for Aleks? It's not like they've grew up together and suddenly she's disowned him to win the show. It's a competition, she helped Aleks out from what I saw, but then commented on how when it comes to the actual battle, she'll be focusing on herself and making sure she does the best she can do. Nothing wrong with that considering they're competing against one another :confused:

And of course she didn't look happy when Aleks was chosen over her! The show could've potentially changed her life and gave her her dream job. It's a competition and she wanted to win - like all of them do.

Diana Vickers, really? She's nothing like Diana Vickers. I love how everyone compares 'different' singers to Diana on here. Nearly every female who didn't sound like Mariah Carey was compared to her on the discussion thread! :rolleyes:

If they don't sound like a 'cheap version' of Mariah Carey, they're just a 'cheap version' of Diana Vickers instead... :rolleyes:

Even if she doesn't "care" for him she could've at least acted less disrespectful. But I'd have thought they've been spending a lot of time practising together so would've got sorta close anyway. They're all focusing on themselves of course, but it was clear that Aleks wasn't that comfortable singing that song with her, he even said he thought he was on a "lower level".

Tbf she is a good singer and could still get some sort of career out of this. She looked to me as if she was sure she was going to get through and was a bit like "wtf" when she didn't make it.

Well, I thought she was very similar to Diana, and obviously many people did seeing as "Diana Vickers" was trending on twitter while she was performing. :p
    Singing out of tune is unique...I suppose.

You may not like Aleks, but out of tune, really? :rolleyes: Think someone's mad that he got through over Emmy.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way Aleks should have been picked over Emmy.

Danny's logic was totally bizarre. He choose Aleks because he said that Aleks needed more coaching....and Danny is a coach.

So Emmy's greater talent was used AGAINST her.

I think it was Emmy's attitude that worked against her. Danny has to work with these contestants. Is he going to choose the girl who's difficult to work with or the boy who really wants to be there and is willing to learn? I thought Emmy was good, but I can imagine her being an absolute pain in the arse when it comes to the coaching sessions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Emmy came accross badly anyway. It looked like Alex was bumbling through his rehersal and she was basically trying to babysit him in order for the performance to go well.

This was the problem. She had no business 'baby-sitting' him (or claiming she was). She was a contestant, just the same as him, not a coach or even one of the assistants to the coaches. Her comment came across as patronising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    More tweets from Emmy...
    @Sara_poppy: @EmmyJMac What was with that face you had on throughout your whole segment on the show yesterday? Glad aleks went thru instead!

@EmmyJMac: @Sara_poppy I was just performing a scornful song how we had rehearsed. My hours of interviews were edited out of context #nottherealme

Interesting that she had to do hours of interviews and they only picked the parts where she seemed a bit rude to Aleks regarding the whole 'experience' thing, and also that she just had that face on because she practiced it that way in rehearsal. Meh, makes sense.
    @EmmyJMac: All the contestants were so nice and supported each other. Its unfair to edit things to make them look so far from the truth
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duplicate wrote: »
    More tweets from Emmy...

Interesting that she had to do hours of interviews and they only picked the parts where she seemed a bit rude to Aleks regarding the whole 'experience' thing, and also that she just had that face on because she practiced it that way in rehearsal. Meh, makes sense.

I suspect they ask various leading questions and use the answers out of context to make the story they want. And the song may well have been rehearsed exactly that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was an air of superiority about Emmy which was unappealing. There are people much higher up the showbiz ladder than her who are far more gracious. The sad thing is, she obviously hasn't learned a thing from her experience. She's still bleating about how it was all down to editing, rather than looking at how she behaved. They couldn't edit in the 'slapped arse' expression unless it was there in the first place.
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Had to go on youtube to remind myself who she was. Can't be that great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duplicate wrote: »
    More tweets from Emmy...

I agree and she not the only one thats feels let down by the show's producers, It seams the show did it to a few of them. As Becky, India and Pixie, Heshima and Ben has also said the show mipulateded it totally out of context.

Oh and for them who are going to come back with the " it only sour grapes " line forget it as Becky is still in the show so that puts and end to that line.

The show is becoming just like the XF with the manipulation on their VT things.

Dont get me wrong the shows has a great concepte behind it (eg the find a great voice ) but it has so many flaws in it at the moment imo.
  • Chris65757Chris65757 Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all seems to come down to what some people ‘imagine’ she must be like based on a few facial expressions on the show. No-one has actually seen her being a bitch, it’s all subjective assumption and interpretation. It reminds me of the way Gail Trimble was supposedly a smug arrogant snob on University Challenge a couple of years ago, when she was quite a shy academic really.

From the other vids I’ve seen of Emmy J Mac she does seem a serious sort of girl, but that’s a long way from being a bitch. The way she behaved at the end of the first audition was very gracious, I thought, unlike poor little humble Aleks, who tapped his cheek to show Jessie J where she should kiss him. How arrogant did that appear? But he was just caught up in the moment, rather like Emmy J Mac.

I just don’t see how you can decide a person’s character on a few minutes of high-pressure TV. I’d always give someone the benefit of the doubt until they proved I was wrong to.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    She was a bit 'cat's arse face', I thought.

Yes, I can see that my reaction to Aleks ("Ah, bless") and to the girl may look a bit sexist. But I like his ickle voice.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    There was an air of superiority about Emmy which was unappealing. There are people much higher up the showbiz ladder than her who are far more gracious. The sad thing is, she obviously hasn't learned a thing from her experience. She's still bleating about how it was all down to editing, rather than looking at how she behaved. They couldn't edit in the 'slapped arse' expression unless it was there in the first place.

She certainly looked furious when she was rejected. She says she was just disappointed, but she looked more angry to me. Thing is, I don't blame her a bit. It must be infuriating to be told you're not going through because you're the better performer.

As for the air of superiority, I think it's something people are projecting on to her in the light of her unfortunate (though really fairly innocuous) remark about looking out for herself on stage instead of supporting Aleks.

It does annoy me when people refer to anyone complaining as "bleating". I don't get this mentality where we're all supposed to put up with any kind of treatment without a word of complaint.
  • Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You may not like Aleks, but out of tune, really? :rolleyes: Think someone's mad that he got through over Emmy.

I base my view on what I hear not what I see :D
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I may not be trained in singing professionally, but I am trained musically and classically, and I can hear out of pitch off-key singing from a mile off. Aleks was off in the beginning (thus he could easily have put Emmy off, but Emmy acquitted herself rather well, and though she was slightly pitchy at places, she was no way as terrible as Aleks was. Worse still, Aleks went off key and completely flat in his delivery towards the very end.

Now I don't really rate Emmy's voice in this competition, but if this is really about the voice, Aleks would have NEVER been picked in the first place. He's more suited in the other loud and over-hyped talent show which concentrated on that so-called X-Factor, or I would say, the SEX-Factor (or more precisely the ovaries-Factor).

I am quite sure Alek's vulnerability endeared him to many of his fans, and even made Danny all protective of him, but this show is supposed to be about THE VOICE. And Alek ain't having one. Unless, of course, one argues that it's The Voice' not the 'Best Vocal Ability', simply 'The Voice', which could be 'good' or 'bad'. If so, then that's really twisted...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    but it may promote itself as all about the voice but you cant divorce personality from the voice unless you are a really good actor

for example Amy Winehouse voice was spectacular partly because it held all her pain and hurt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She certainly looked furious when she was rejected. She says she was just disappointed, but she looked more angry to me. Thing is, I don't blame her a bit. It must be infuriating to be told you're not going through because you're the better performer.

As for the air of superiority, I think it's something people are projecting on to her in the light of her unfortunate (though really fairly innocuous) remark about looking out for herself on stage instead of supporting Aleks.

It does annoy me when people refer to anyone complaining as "bleating". I don't get this mentality where we're all supposed to put up with any kind of treatment without a word of complaint.

If Emmy wants to make it in the entertainment industry, she'll have to learn to accept rejection, because you get a lot of it in that industry.

I don't get this mentality where it's seen as acceptable to behave like a spoilt brat whenever things don't go your way.