Next election-wide open now?

13»

Comments

• TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    "We shut your schools, killed your pensions and welfare state, privatised the NHS, and made rich people even richer. Vote for us!".

Labour did those things too, didn't they?

Personally, I think the coalition will romp it at the next election, irrespective of who won the Labour leadership contest. I just don't think Labour have a credible message.

Not that I'll be voting for any of them...

Regards,

Cypher
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I can see the slogan for Labour: "Vote for us - we were the party who led us into an illegal war, wrecked the economy and are controlled by the Unions. Yes, vote for us!"

YIP, I would vote for em, ANYONE (short of the BNP),.... mind you, if it were a choice between the BNP and the Tories, I wouldn't vote,
    There is nothing the Tories could do or say that would EVER persuade me to vote for them,
    I did once, in 1979, NEVER EVER AGAIN,

:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Labour did those things too, didn't they?

Personally, I think the coalition will romp it at the next election, irrespective of who won the Labour leadership contest. I just don't think Labour have a credible message.

Not that I'll be voting for any of them...

Regards,

Cypher

How can the "coalition romp it" at the next election? The coalition wont be standing! :confused:
  • TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    How can the "coalition romp it" at the next election? The coalition wont be standing! :confused:

Meh, you know what I mean: the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties...either on a joint ticket or separately. :)

Regards,

Cypher
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Meh, you know what I mean: the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties...either on a joint ticket or separately. :)

Regards,

Cypher

Having watched a few interviews and listened to Ed Miliband a bit this morning, I cant help thinking that-however united the Labour politicians will talk-there will always be an undercurrent of feeling that David Miliband was the election winner and not Ed.
    I think this will follow the party around for the next 5 years and David will always be a slightly awkward figure whether he is in the cabinet or not. The fact that they are brothers makes this a rather curious situation now thrust squarely into the spotlight.
    The Tories to me will smell a real chance after this decision as I think DM would have made a far more formidable opponent than his younger brother. The Tory press will never let the union link slip and they have far more ammunition now than they ever would have had with David. Labours task is just that bit harder now imo.