Jessie J live head shave

Comments

• fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan, but having had alopecia universallis for over 20 years/since I was a teenager (i.e. anywhere I could have hair, I have none), I'm happy a charity is benefiting from her actions, and she suits her hair shaved, but it won't be encouraging me to go around without my wig anytime soon.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    She looks surprisingly good!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's already so ugly it can't make her look any worse, so why would anyone pay money to see it? :confused:

She is not ugly
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WE didn't actually see the whole head shave though did we?

Unless I missed it. All I saw was Lenny Henry make the first cut, then it went to something else. Back again and we saw half her head shaved. Then to something else again.

Then back again to the whole head shaved. I would have liked to have seen it from start to finish.
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unless I missed it. All I saw was Lenny Henry make the first cut, then it went to something else. Back again and we saw half her head shaved. Then to something else again.

Then back again to the whole head shaved. I would have liked to have seen it from start to finish.

I didn't see it, but that's what I would have thought wouldhave happened, otherwise, why bother with all the run up if you're just gonna show half of what happened?
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It probably says more about how I thought she looked before, but she does look better. She's still a musical hack, but I can give her dues for the shave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    She's already so ugly it can't make her look any worse, so why would anyone pay money to see it? :confused:

Ugly...it now appears her she`s a beauty...What a stunning face and I think she looked fab
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm stunned to know how many of you are so nasty! She has shave her hair for people less fortunate then herself yet all you can do is slag her off. Woman generally love their hair and would not dream of shaving it off I know I would not! And no I'm no a fan but can see the great thing she has done and she looks great!

Yes you can all slag me off for my comment but I know I have a better soul then all of you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought that was very weird, like she could only be seen cleaned up without heair everywhere before we saw her!

It does suit her, Funny her she has recently been "using" her own hair, which is much better than the wigs she wore and now it's gone!
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why the hell didn't they show the head shave being done live? instead of dribs and drabs?

it would have made exciting viewing if they had sat her on the main stage and then unleashed the clippers
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's gorgeous!
  • cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    How much money did she raise? We saw how much Miranda Hart, Sainsbury's etc raised so what about her? And I hadnt heard much advertising it beforehand to increase the potential extra money. Odd.

Oh, isnt a new series of The Voice coming on TV soon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    rated_2000 wrote: »
    why the hell didn't they show the head shave being done live? instead of dribs and drabs?

it would have made exciting viewing if they had sat her on the main stage and then unleashed the clippers

I agree! I think that would have been brilliant! I thought that's what was going to happen anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much money did she raise? We saw how much Miranda Hart, Sainsbury's etc raised so what about her? And I hadnt heard much advertising it beforehand to increase the potential extra money. Odd.

Oh, isnt a new series of The Voice coming on TV soon?

I read she raised over 750k.

This was planned long before the voice. You are the first person I have heard to have not seen the publicity for it. Everyone else says they were tired of hearing about it.

But anyway, why does everyone have to be so cynical? She could have cut her foot off and sold her house, but that would have just been for publicity too. I sort of feel bad for celebrities because everything they do is criticized. The rest of us don't have to go through that. They get press for just walking down the street. I've seen Jessie in articles just this month for wearing jeans and a t shirt. They get publicity regardless, so of course doing something like shaving your head will garner publicity, but that isn't always the motivation. I'm sure if that girl who dared Jessie to do we're still alive today to see it, she would be proud.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Claudi saying to Jessie " Why are you doing this" Err stupid question. For charity :rolleyes:
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    She looked marvelous with the shaven head!! Regarding Red Nose Day. I was furious when I watched the video of the young mother who gave her food to her daughter and died eventually of aids. They filmed her in October and then went back to her hut in January to report she had died. Why in God's Name did they not help this woman and give her enough money to feed herself, her mother and her child. It was a totally unnecessary death as the medication for aids would have extended her life if she could have eaten a decent meal. I was appalled by this video which was basically used as a tear-jerker to get you to donate!! Why didn't the fimlm crew and the people from Red Nose Day help this woman when they had the chance??? I was really appalled.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    euphie wrote: »
    I didn't see it, but that's what I would have thought wouldhave happened, otherwise, why bother with all the run up if you're just gonna show half of what happened?

Agree, huge build up and then we did not see it!!!! Perhaps it wouldhave been more sensible if Jessie has said, if you donate ................to the appeal I will shave my head!!! We had no idea how much money Jessie actually made from shaving her head!!! Personally, I would have been more impressed if she had opened her bank account and donated a huge amount of money to the Red Nose Day Appeal. I often wonder how much these celebs actually donate of their own money, when repeatedly asking us to donate. Most of them could donate a few million and hardly notice it! Perhaps they would get a big chunk of tax back!!! Oh well, perhaps I am just being awfully cynical!!
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The likes of Madonna, Bono etc could probably donate a few million but Jessie J? Nah, she's had like one album?
    How much they're worth and how much they actually have to spend are two different things
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The likes of Madonna, Bono etc could probably donate a few million but Jessie J? Nah, she's had like one album?
    How much they're worth and how much they actually have to spend are two different things

Very true. She sold over 2.5 million albums and over 12 million singles. That's about 50 million in sales and even that's a generous number, it's probably less. Then that money has to be sorted out through her, producers, engineers, co-writers, and of course the label gets their cut. Most of her money comes from tours and promo deals, which she only had a couple. Vitamin water most notably.

According to the Internet her net worth is 5mill, but I doubt she has that in the bank. She gave 3k to children in need and that created controversy because people felt it wasn't enough. I'd imagine she didn't just shave her head, but gave as well.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Yeah and factor in the likes of bodyguards, minders, agents, PAs, stylists, accountants, managers, band, singers, dancers, sound engineers, costume designers - they all get paid from somewhere.
    I wouldn't say she has a pile to spare just yet.
    Then she would need to be thinking of her own future too, say her next album doesn't do well where would that leave her?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    I heard Claudi saying to Jessie " Why are you doing this" Err stupid question. For charity :rolleyes:

Perhaps she meant "why are you doing this in particular??"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and factor in the likes of bodyguards, minders, agents, PAs, stylists, accountants, managers, band, singers, dancers, sound engineers, costume designers - they all get paid from somewhere.
    I wouldn't say she has a pile to spare just yet.
    Then she would need to be thinking of her own future too, say her next album doesn't do well where would that leave her?

In 2011 she said the money from the Miley song in 09 was still paying her rent, so I'm assuming she is using it wisely and not spending like crazy. And she has had five other songs she has written for other albums that has been used since then so she's doing alright. Not Madonna or Britney numbers, but not too shabby.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, huge build up and then we did not see it!!!! Perhaps it wouldhave been more sensible if Jessie has said, if you donate ................to the appeal I will shave my head!!! We had no idea how much money Jessie actually made from shaving her head!!! Personally, I would have been more impressed if she had opened her bank account and donated a huge amount of money to the Red Nose Day Appeal. I often wonder how much these celebs actually donate of their own money, when repeatedly asking us to donate. Most of them could donate a few million and hardly notice it! Perhaps they would get a big chunk of tax back!!! Oh well, perhaps I am just being awfully cynical!!

Maybe a lot of them do donate, but don't choose to publicise it. We do know that Lenny Henry bought a house for a young family living in a slum, and when Taylor Swift appeared on Children in Need she announced she was making a donation herself. I'm sure others are doing the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    think she looks gorgeous with it shaved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked marvelous with the shaven head!! Regarding Red Nose Day. I was furious when I watched the video of the young mother who gave her food to her daughter and died eventually of aids. They filmed her in October and then went back to her hut in January to report she had died. Why in God's Name did they not help this woman and give her enough money to feed herself, her mother and her child. It was a totally unnecessary death as the medication for aids would have extended her life if she could have eaten a decent meal. I was appalled by this video which was basically used as a tear-jerker to get you to donate!! Why didn't the fimlm crew and the people from Red Nose Day help this woman when they had the chance??? I was really appalled.

Every penny that Comic Releif give out to projects has to have a researched business case so that they know the money will be spent on the right thing and not being going to corrupt governments or local militia... this unfortuantely takes time to sort out and people die while it happens. Its shite, but to blame the film crew is ridiculous