Amazing Race Canada 2 (2014)

starrystarry Posts: 12,434
Forum Member
✭✭
Starts Tuesday July 8th. It will only be around Canada again I suppose but better than nothing.

Teams: http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Teams.aspx

Comments

• breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It showed up on my watch list a couple of days ago.
    Liked the first season, don't mind it's just in Canada. It's a very big country.

Edit: Just read that it's possible they will go outside Canada this time.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first part of this was very processional in the challenges, even before splitting the teams with the flights. They really should have shown us more of the navigation, the zipline was irrelevant.

The next two challenges were definitely better but the episode was edited so quick throughout that the memorization task losed some of its strength and I didn't feel I got to really know any of the teams that much. The editing worked better with the water flood task but the program as a while ended up quite exhausting. Taking out at least one of those processional earlier tasks would most likely have helped the episode and made it much less rushed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, still poor editing. It deed feel rushed. Like I said last year: Not as frantic as TAR Asia but not much better.

Well, they didn't break the TAR mold as far as casting is concerned. All the clichés are there apart from the ditzy blondes, although the barkeeper guys could fit that slot.

Team I'm rooting for: the ice hockey women. I love ice hockey and have seen all their Team Canada games during the last Winter Olympics, so this was an easy pick.

All in all a promising start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I forgot to say this second express pass twist is so overused now, I wish they'd come up with something new. The Canadians have seen this on the US version too. The flaw has always been that the second express pass isn't earned, one is probably enough anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    And I forgot to say this second express pass twist is so overused now, I wish they'd come up with something new. The Canadians have seen this on the US version too. The flaw has always been that the second express pass isn't earned, one is probably enough anyway.

Yes, let's get rid of that second pass. In theory it could be a nice twist, but it hasn't turned out that way so far.
    Hopefully the Ozzies don't use it in their 3rd season
    Starts on the 20th I believe. Can't wait.
  • SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed last season and this was the best Canadian tourism advert ever. Not sure why they don't show it elsewhere.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't watch the first season. But caught the first two of this season. And I quite like it a lot. I really like the host, and most of the team. The only team I don't like are the guys who quit twice. Like really, this is the second leg of the Amazing Race, and your gonna quit two challenges. And the second one they seem to have quit when there were so many left. It did annoy me!!!!

My favourite atm are Ryan & Rob, and Alain & Audrey. And that shoulder nearly made me sick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen four legs so far and I'm liking it more and more. With less teams it's less frantic.
    The Hong Kong/Macau legs were great.

Leg five is being delivered to me as I write. Just in time for me to watch it before I'm off to Berlin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tasks are pretty challenging which is good. I do find the cast overall a bit vanilla but it seemed to liven up in the last episode a bit more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed this second season. MENTOS. My favourite team didn't win, but they were in it till the very last, so I'm happy. PETRO CANADA.
    The product placement was a bit much, but if that's what it takes to keep this show on the air, so be it. MENTOS. ;-)

I had to watch the last legs in SD coz HD was not available and it was better in SD. I read an article that explained why HD can sometimes prevent viewers from immersing themselves in a programme because it is too real. In my experience that is certainly true for TAR.

Season 3 casting is on it's way! So it will be back! Great news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was way better than the first season, going abroad definitely helped. From the shooting challenge onwards I really enjoyed it. The boot order must have been pretty good because I was thinking it was a good cast after the first few episodes. Also I like that they actually bother doing an after race program (2 this season), others should take the lead and do that.
    Ryan and Rob did get lucky, I would have preferred Pierre Michel making it a bit further but at least they lasted a bit. Definitely wanted Sukhi and Jinder in the final, but they got far as well. Happy there was a bit of a surprise with the winners as well, rather than it being too predictable. Easygoing like the latest Australian winners I think I actually found them more likeable than the Aussie first placers.
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with the winners this season, they are probably the most likeable pair on the show. Going outside of Canada this season makes a big difference, it is really rather boring staying in one country. I prefer the contestants in the first season even though my favorite didn't win, but the season was a bit of let down because they stayed in one country (can't they even move across the border to the US?) This season is too dominated by one team, but racing outside of Canada made up for it.