Jealousy strikes and Dido criticises Rihanna

Comments

• crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just how she feels, I agree with Dido to be honest.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Rihanna fans interpret any criticism of her as jealously

I'm surprised they haven't said "you criticise her going back to Chris Brown because you are jealous that you don't have a boyfriend who beats you up like a coward too!!!!"
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    At the risk of sounding really old... "throwing shade"? :o

'Hiding something' I think...:confused:

Anyway Dido is completely right. Rihanna is worse than the XF and rules the charts no matter with her music. There is no escape from her. She gets other people to do her work for her and then seduces them into getting her name written down for credit for the songs she sings.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    She gets other people to do her work for her and then seduces them into getting her name written down for credit for the songs she sings.

Sorry, but that's a bit of a ridiculous accusation there. Yes, she's attractive. So is Dido imo. Doesn't mean they (or any attractive female) has to "seduce" men to get anywhere in life. I see pretty much every attractive female accused of this in all walks of life, and to be honest, it's quite annoying. I know it happens, but at least get more evidence before making these accusations.

Rihanna having other people write her songs is nothing outrageous. It's been a common practice in pop music for decades.

If Rihanna really is releasing songs too often, then people will get tired of her and her songs will stop selling, surely? But the thing is, they're not "Rihanna" songs. She hasn't got a particular style of music that will get frustrating after a while, she uses a very wide range of producers and song-writers, which is her albums aren't flopping due to over-exposure yet. If people start getting tired of a certain sound she'll release other styles of music instead. And that's why she doesn't need to take a break. Her producers and song-writers have months every year to make a song for her album, what's the point in taking a break?

Dido shouldn't compare herself to Rihanna, because they're very different types of artist imo, and I like them both. Rihanna couldn't take a long break like Dido, it would hurt her career. And likewize, Dido couldn't release music as frequently as Rihanna, she wouldn't have the time to write good albums.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Sorry, but that's a bit of a ridiculous accusation there. Yes, she's attractive. So is Dido imo. Doesn't mean they (or any attractive female) has to "seduce" men to get anywhere in life. I see pretty much every attractive female accused of this in all walks of life, and to be honest, it's quite annoying. I know it happens, but at least get more evidence before making these accusations.

Rihanna having other people write her songs is nothing outrageous. It's been a common practice in pop music for decades.

If Rihanna really is releasing songs too often, then people will get tired of her and her songs will stop selling, surely? But the thing is, they're not "Rihanna" songs. She hasn't got a particular style of music that will get frustrating after a while, she uses a very wide range of producers and song-writers, which is her albums aren't flopping due to over-exposure yet. If people start getting tired of a certain sound she'll release other styles of music instead. And that's why she doesn't need to take a break. Her producers and song-writers have months every year to make a song for her album, what's the point in taking a break?

Dido shouldn't compare herself to Rihanna, because they're very different types of artist imo, and I like them both. Rihanna couldn't take a long break like Dido, it would hurt her career. And likewize, Dido couldn't release music as frequently as Rihanna, she wouldn't have the time to write good albums.

Do you really think her producers aren't human? Do you think her managers aren't human? The girl shows skin in her videos like she won't get to do it ever again. And she enjoys it. The producers and managers are human; Rihanna can easily do it. The evidence is in those videos. That Rihanna can do that IN EVERY VIDEO. She even managed it in her least provocative video which ironically happened to be Unfaithful. She still did it.

Dido doesn't need to get skin out all the time because she's actually got vocal talent and can sing without being a slag about it. Rihanna can't sing and she has to be a slag to keep the attention on herself. She's also got the attitude of a wet fish and the personality of a bland dish like pasta - no zest no flavour. Dido can at least converse and look like a human in the process.

Sorry but Dido wins this in my count. Rihanna is being immature, letting her fans lay waste to Rihanna's twitter account.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Dido be jealous of Rihanna??? And what the frig does "throwing shade" mean???? Sounds ridiculous. But then I'm not 16.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Why would Dido be jealous of Rihanna??? And what the frig does "throwing shade" mean???? Sounds ridiculous. But then I'm not 16.

Something else that I agree with.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    And what the frig does "throwing shade" mean???? Sounds ridiculous. But then I'm not 16.

I'm glad I'm not on my own there :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member

I always thought it was just an exaggerated pronunciation of "throwing shit", as in "dissing" or "hating" on someone. Might be wrong. I don't do slang, anyway. :p
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Throwing shade is one of these weird terms adopted by pop fans who like nothing more than to bitch about superficial meaningless things like how fat Lady Gaga is getting or how Rihanna is selling so much so her music must be soo much better than say Chrisitna Aguilera who is no longer selling as much.

Erh..anyway "throwing shade" is another term for dissing or talking bad about someone, but it's usually suppose to be done in a very subtle and ambiguous way.. For example Mariah Carey was once asked if she liked Beyonce and she said she is very nice. When asked about JLO, she said "I don't know her.." lol

Watch out for terms like "fave" "slay" "stan" etc. It can get very annoying on pop forums lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dido was misquoted...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought it was just an exaggerated pronunciation of "throwing shit", as in "dissing" or "hating" on someone. Might be wrong. I don't do slang, anyway. :p

That's what it means. I've never heard throwing shit though. You know when people say something is shady? Well, a person throws shade. I'm not 16, and throwing shade is a pretty common Internet expression.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    Throwing shade is one of these weird terms adopted by pop fans who like nothing more than to bitch about superficial meaningless things like how fat Lady Gaga is getting or how Rihanna is selling so much so her music must be soo much better than say Chrisitna Aguilera who is no longer selling as much.

Erh..anyway "throwing shade" is another term for dissing or talking bad about someone, but it's usually suppose to be done in a very subtle and ambiguous way.. For example Mariah Carey was once asked if she liked Beyonce and she said she is very nice. When asked about JLO, she said "I don't know her.." lol

Watch out for terms like "fave" "slay" "stan" etc. It can get very annoying on pop forums lol.
    lol Mariah is the queen of shade.

I hate all the words you listed. They are ridiculously overused. Slay has to be the most annoying because people attach it to an artist or tv shows name. Also flop. I have seen Xtina referred to as both slaytina and floptina on numerous occasions. The phrases slaying all your faves and your faves could never... Make me so angry. I don't really like throw shade, but I've gotten used to it. I also dislike the teas thing Nicki Minaj seems to be so fond of. It's so stupid. Spill the tea, sip the tea, and anything else randomly tea related.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    That's what it means. I've never heard throwing shit though. You know when people say something is shady? Well, a person throws shade. I'm not 16, and throwing shade is a pretty common Internet expression.

Very well. But just because the expression is common on the internet, doesn't mean that everyone knows it. :) Besides, most of those expressions are silly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well. But just because the expression is common on the internet, doesn't mean that everyone knows it. :) Besides, most of those expressions are silly.

I wasn't saying you should know it. And yea, they are. And people will find shade in anything someone says about someone else. It gets ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol Mariah is the queen of shade.

I hate all the words you listed. They are ridiculously overused. Slay has to be the most annoying because people attach it to an artist or tv shows name. Also flop. I have seen Xtina referred to as both slaytina and floptina on numerous occasions. The phrases slaying all your faves and your faves could never... Make me so angry. I don't really like throw shade, but I've gotten used to it. I also dislike the teas thing Nicki Minaj seems to be so fond of. It's so stupid. Spill the tea, sip the tea, and anything else randomly tea related.

Ha oh yeah.. I forgot about the horrible use of flop. People even claim that singles reaching number one are "flops" if they don't sell more than a previous record by the artist.. It's ridiculous.

They also say "dragged" or i "snatched your wig" which I think is based off some weird transexual beauty pagent where one of the losers snatched off the wig of the winner..:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha oh yeah.. I forgot about the horrible use of flop. People even claim that singles reaching number one are "flops" if they don't sell more than a previous record by the artist.. It's ridiculous.

They also say "dragged" or i "snatched your wig" which I think is based off some weird transexual beauty pagent where one of the losers snatched off the wig of the winner..:confused:

Ahhhh. I forgot about those. It seems like everyone wants to be a ghetto chick on the Internet. With the over use of gurl and the rest of this terminology. I've never understood where the snatched your wig came from. I do like "have several seats," though. Something about that just makes me giggle.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, no way is Dido jealous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood where the snatched your wig came from.

It's from this--http://ametia.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/wig-snatch-o.gif
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is someone always "jealous" when they speak an opinion?

By that logic, you must be jealous of Dido for writing this thread about her.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No jealousy about it, it's just a fact.

To me, the more successful and big Rihanna has become, the more her standards and quality have slipped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahahahahahaha. OMG
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I looked it up ..
    THROWING SHADE
    to talk trash about a friend or aquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect. When throwing shade it's immediately obvious to on-lookers that the thrower, and not the throwee, is the bitcy, uncool one

"How does Kimmy keep any friends? Last night at the party all she did was throw shade at people."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dido experienced enough success to last her whole career with two simple albums. It is clear she no longer craves the massive success she once received and isn't going to **** herself up like Rihanna to get sales.

Dido will be remembered for her songs and her Eminem collaboration whilst Rihanna will be remembered for her tits, getting beaten up by Chris Brown and Umbrella.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Hold on, Rihanna doesn't write her own songs, and she releases music that means nothing to her?? Well.. you learn something everyday don't you.