Options

ED Kates Oates teases a character's return and a big Christmas

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Star89 maybe the funny storyline KO has planned for Christmas is a who-killed-Dobbeh storyline? :p

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star89 maybe the funny storyline KO has planned for Christmas is a who-killed-Dobbeh storyline? :p

That wouldn't be a bad way to celebrate the holidays! :p
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek::eek::eek:
    :D:D
    :D

You lot are just mean :( And JR I'm disappointed in you. I'd have thought with your love for Amy you'd at least sympathise with me :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As much as I don't mind Debbie at all, that's preferable to a bloody wedding between 2 certain people... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

You lot are just mean :( And JR I'm disappointed in you. I'd have thought with your love for Amy you'd at least sympathise with me :cry:

:D Star i do sympathise with you and really admire you big time for your devotion to Debbie, we are in the same army that's about to go to war! :)
    As much as I don't mind Debbie at all, that's preferable to a bloody wedding between 2 certain people... :D

You see star, stunty has got it right here! Surely you would rather see Debbie meet a bloody and grizzly end than Maurel tying the knot! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek: STUNTY :eek:
    :D Star i do sympathise with you and really admire you big time for your devotion to Debbie, we are in the same army that's about to go to war! :)

Alright I'll let you off :D
    You see star, stunty has got it right here! Surely you would rather see Debbie meet a bloody and grizzly end than Maurel tying the knot! ;)

Are you kidding me :eek::eek: I'd rather watch 30 minutes of Maurel in every episode, for an entire year than see anyone harm a single hair on my Debbie's head :mad:
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim Tate arriving as Declan is cutting the Turkey. she arrives in the big helicopter and parks on the lawn. Steps out in her glamorous clothes and says "Its great to be Home!

Or arrives in the woolpack on Xmas Day as they all having a drink. The Face of Betty and The Dingles would be priceless haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star i do sympathise with you and really admire you big time for your devotion to Debbie, we are in the same army that's about to go to war! :)

lol, I just cannot deal with those 2 characters together any more. And I know Windmill Arm Man is going to get worse when Rhona's in t'rehab and he plans to have full custody of lovely little Leo.
    :eek: STUNTY :eek:

Alright I'll let you off :D

Are you kidding me :eek::eek: I'd rather watch 30 minutes of Maurel in every episode, for an entire year than see anyone harm a single hair on my Debbie's head :mad:

Wash your mouth!! :D I'm thinking bigger picture here.. (OK, She leaves and goes to be with Jas, hows that? :D lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wash your mouth!! :D I'm thinking bigger picture here.. (OK, She leaves and goes to be with Jas, hows that? :D lol)

I've told you my devotion knows no bounds!

BIB - Now that I am all for :D
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek::eek: Oooh no I hope not! Debbie might not be very popular or likeable most of the time, but ED would suffer massively without her. Look how boring it can be when she's not in it, her tears, tantrums and trauma's are extremely entertaining! Apart from Cain, I'd rather anyone else leave rather than Debbie.

:mad: Bleurgh a Maurel wedding. If that is shown there will be a real danger of drowning in the vomit off the Daily:o

Maurel + Marriage = a sea of sick - get some rubbers* for protection for that episode folks!!

*Armbands, what did you think I meant?:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've told you my devotion knows no bounds!

BIB - Now that I am all for :D

lol, aye me too as you well know lol. Much preferred Debbie with Jas :D
    :eek::eek: Oooh no I hope not! Debbie might not be very popular or likeable most of the time, but ED would suffer massively without her. Look how boring it can be when she's not in it, her tears, tantrums and trauma's are extremely entertaining! Apart from Cain, I'd rather anyone else leave rather than Debbie.

:mad: Bleurgh a Maurel wedding. If that is shown there will be a real danger of drowning in the vomit off the Daily:o

Maurel + Marriage = a sea of sick - get some rubbers* for protection for that episode folks!!

*Armbands, what did you think I meant?:o:D

I'll be stocking up on anti-sickness tablets especially for it...:o
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like all fm's opinions are not being respected after all.
    If some think the daily is cliquey and unpleasant then thats what they think and feel and those feelings should be repsected.

Star89 is a one off on here being able to tolerate the constant negativity and abuse directed towards a character he/she? likes. Others don't have such a thick skin and are put off by that in the daily.
    It's one thing to say you hate a character in a thread every now and then, but to be negative everytime they appear in a epsiode week in week out is not funny or adding anything to a thread.
    Just one example of the clique is Debbie and Amy. One is slaughtered for her constant misery and the other one gets away with it. One character is in and the other is out, and sadly thats the way it it is one the daily.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Since when was Christmas a 'holiday'?:confused:
    Aren't holidays meant to be worthwhile and enjoyable........:rolleyes:
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kim Tate arriving as Declan is cutting the Turkey. she arrives in the big helicopter and parks on the lawn. Steps out in her glamorous clothes and says "Its great to be Home!

Or arrives in the woolpack on Xmas Day as they all having a drink. The Face of Betty and The Dingles would be priceless haha

Perhaps she could hand Chas her fur coat in the same way that Sadie and Charity first met at Home Farm........:cool:
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    If some think the daily is cliquey and unpleasant then thats what they think and feel and those feelings should be repsected.

Star89 is a one off on here being able to tolerate the constant negativity and abuse directed towards a character he/she? likes. Others don't have such a thick skin and are put off by that in the daily.
    It's one thing to say you hate a character in a thread every now and then, but to be negative everytime they appear in a epsiode week in week out is not funny or adding anything to a thread.
    Just one example of the clique is Debbie and Amy. One is slaughtered for her constant misery and the other one gets away with it. One character is in and the other is out, and sadly thats the way it it is one the daily.

I wish I knew who these people were. I've only ever seen you and one other fm complain about this alleged 'clique' and have only ever seen you call t'Daily unfriendly. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She :D

Members opinions are all respected. I understand why people think some parts of the forum are cliquey (hate that word) but I (and a few others) have explained that. Posters who chat every night are going to become closer friends than posters who don't. What I object to is posters being called unfriendly which is not the case. People only have to join in to realise how friendly everyone is.

Oh and if you like Debbie, Spunger then please come on the Daily; I could use all the support I can get :D
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you not think that there is a difference between a group of people being a clique, and simply being friendly and having some opinions in common?

I know it's horrible when characters you like are criticised. I'm always quick to jump to Cain's defence when he's criticised, but I don't think the fact that a lot of people like or dislike the same characters should put others of contributing. There are certainly contributors who don't like Amy, and those of us who like or are indifferent to Debbie.

It so happens that a lot of people on the Daily like or dislike the same characters. As it happens, I don't understand the dislike of Katie, but I often challenge it as well, and no one seems to have a problem with that. If people don't express different opinions, then it will come across that everyone is in agreement, and that it's a clique, but that can only change if someone comes on with a different opinion, and can defend it. Surely the forum is here for people to express opinions, including the dislike of a character, a producer or a story? You do this a lot yourself. I don't really see how, on open forum with no chairperson, you could stop that except for coming on and expressing a different opinion and taking the chance that others disagree with you. Or using the ignore button for those posters who really wind you up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She :D

Members opinions are all respected. I understand why people think some parts of the forum are cliquey (hate that word) but I (and a few others) have explained that. Posters who chat every night are going to become closer friends than posters who don't. What I object to is posters being called unfriendly which is not the case. People only have to join in to realise how friendly everyone is.

Oh and if you like Debbie, Spunger then please come on the Daily; I could use all the support I can get :D
    Do you not think that there is a difference between a group of people being a clique, and simply being friendly and having some opinions in common?

I know it's horrible when characters you like are criticised. I'm always quick to jump to Cain's defence when he's criticised, but I don't think the fact that a lot of people like or dislike the same characters should put others of contributing. There are certainly contributors who don't like Amy, and those of us who like or are indifferent to Debbie.

It so happens that a lot of people on the Daily like or dislike the same characters. As it happens, I don't understand the dislike of Katie, but I often challenge it as well, and no one seems to have a problem with that. If people don't express different opinions, then it will come across that everyone is in agreement, and that it's a clique, but that can only change if someone comes on with a different opinion, and can defend it. Surely the forum is here for people to express opinions, including the dislike of a character, a producer or a story? You do this a lot yourself. I don't really see how, on open forum with no chairperson, you could stop that except for coming on and expressing a different opinion and taking the chance that others disagree with you. Or using the ignore button for those posters who really wind you up.

I think Glenda and Star put this way better than I.

If we all liked the same things the world would be a very boring place. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, but being polite with it.

I love Vanessa and I've enjoyed Rhona's drug storyline. Not to everyone's tastes, but there you go. Have people on T'Daily thread been rude to me? Nope. everyone's been friendly to me on the thread.

Join in on t'thread. JMHO
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The daily is not "cliquey and unpleasant"! I've been on forums that were cliquey and the Daily is nothing like them, it is by far the friendliest, warmest, funniest forum I have ever been on. Yes it's got members who speak to the same people every night, but that's because it is the same people every night who are on there! As to tolerating 'constant negativity' its just a bit of fun;), all of us like and dislike characters so we can banter over it. And even if we didn't, theres still plenty of other things to chat about, for instance I know we'd virtually all agree on the thoughts of Maurel! Not everybody likes/ dislikes the same characters, one man's meat is another man's poison. So no, you wouldn't get ignored or left out if you happen to like/dislike certain characters, you might even find some that feel the same way about them you do, and even if you don't, there's bound to be something. Have you even tried to join in or just labeled it cliquey from observation? If you went to a party and made no attempt to join in would you just sit on the sides and say that the party was cliquey? If you want to join in make a move, no one can do it for you! Though I have to say if your such a delicate little flower you can't handle your favourite fictional character getting a ribbing off people who don't like them, don't go out into the real would, you might wilt:o:D.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It so happens that a lot of people on the Daily like or dislike the same characters. As it happens, I don't understand the dislike of Katie, but I often challenge it as well, and no one seems to have a problem with that. If people don't express different opinions, then it will come across that everyone is in agreement, and that it's a clique, but that can only change if someone comes on with a different opinion, and can defend it.

First impressions, and all that.
    If you liked Maurel or Paddy, Dom, Gemma, Debbie, Robbie, Declan, Megan, jai, Priya, Andy, Katie, Spencer, Adam and took a look at the daily and saw the hostility and lack of balance, it would be more than enough to put you off going any further. If one of those is being a c**t then fair enough but they get it when they're doing nothing wrong.
    Cain can do no wrong because he's in the clique. Others can even murder, but they're cool and in the clique.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It so happens that a lot of people on the Daily like or dislike the same characters. As it happens, I don't understand the dislike of Katie, but I often challenge it as well, and no one seems to have a problem with that. If people don't express different opinions, then it will come across that everyone is in agreement, and that it's a clique, but that can only change if someone comes on with a different opinion, and can defend it.

If you liked Maurel or Paddy, Dom, Gemma, Debbie, Robbie, Declan, Megan, jai, Priya, Andy, Katie, Spencer, Adam and took a look at the daily and saw the hostility and lack of balance, it would be more than enough to put you off going any further. If one of those is being a c**t then fair enough but they get it when they're doing nothing wrong.
    Cain can do no wrong because he's in the clique. Others can even murder, but they're cool and in the clique.
    no, I disagree. There are a few FMs who don't like and regularly criticise Cain, for a start, as well as those of us who defend Debbie.

There can only be balance if the people who like these characters come on and post. I don't particularly like Andy, but I regularly comment on what a good father he is, and also stick up for Katie. I've seen FMs saying they liked Priya, Jai and Adam or at least supporting their actions.Do you expect FMs to not state their opinions on characters for fear that it might discourage someone else from posting? People are having a conversation on the Daily, they're not going to hold back from expressing their dislike of a character, or using nicknames etc, for worry that some person who may or may not be reading might be offended or discouraged from joining in. I wonder if perhaps you're passing judgement without really reading the threads? You're comment about Cain suggests that - you'd see plenty of criticism on the Daily and from the Daily's regular contributors on other threads.

the only way that you could redress that is to have an independent chairperson for the thread, or for the people who like these characters to come on and defend them. A few of us have said that we disagree with other members on certain characters. We all came on as new to the thread at some point, and took a deep breath, dived in, gave our opinions and survived.

I'm not sure by the way what murderer is 'cool and in the clique?' The only murderers I can think of are Carl and Cameron and opinion is very divided on them. Personally I'm looking forward to the day when Cameron dies a nasty, painful death.

I think maybe you need to look past the nicknames and the intense dislike that some people have for some characters, and actually read some of the thought provoking comments and points that are raised about the episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First off all i can sort of see where your coming from regarding one rule for one character and another for another! But the thing is i participate in the other 2 big episode threads and its not just the ED thread that this applies to!

Look at the Corrie thread! The likes of Sean, Tracey and Lord Simon are universally hated, while the likes of Roy, Hayley and Carla can never do anything wrong! Eastenders thread, the likes of Dexter, Sam and Shirley hated while the likes of Michael, Dot and Jean can never do wrong in anyway!

The thing is it may be frustrating but hey its just opinion and life! With the daily thread you'd be so surprised just how diverse we are and fearless at expressing out love for a character! And if nobody is praising a character that isnt loved, well maybe its simply because they arnt liked!

The Clique thing is a non argument because its just slander and lies! Simple as, everyone has their platform to air their thoughts, i like unpopular characters on the thread such as Steve and Cameron and dislike popular ones such as Cain! And nobody really gives a damn! If you like certain characters come on and support them and if their is someone who really does your box right in put them on ignore, you'll find it surprising just how much more relaxing it is by doing that! ;)

Any how we should really get this thread back on topic! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First off all i can sort of see where your coming from regarding one rule for one character and another for another! But the thing is i participate in the other 2 big episode threads and its not just the ED thread that this applies to!

Look at the Corrie thread! The likes of Sean, Tracey and Lord Simon are universally hated, while the likes of Roy, Hayley and Carla can never do anything wrong! Eastenders thread, the likes of Dexter, Sam and Shirley hated while the likes of Michael, Dot and Jean can never do wrong in anyway!

The thing is it may be frustrating but hey its just opinion and life! With the daily thread you'd be so surprised just how diverse we are and fearless at expressing out love for a character! And if nobody is praising a character that isnt loved, well maybe its simply because they arnt liked!

The Clique thing is a non argument because its just slander and lies! Simple as, everyone has their platform to air their thoughts, i like unpopular characters on the thread such as Steve and Cameron and dislike popular ones such as Cain! And nobody really gives a damn! If you like certain characters come on and support them and if their is someone who really does your box right in put them on ignore, you'll find it surprising just how much more relaxing it is by doing that! ;)

Any how we should really get this thread back on topic! :D

JR for PM! :D
  • Options
    BonymoroniBonymoroni Posts: 114
    Forum Member

I think maybe you need to look past the nicknames and the intense dislike that some people have for some characters, and actually read some of the thought provoking comments and points that are raised about the episodes.

It's having to wade through the seemingly endless "chatter" to find the posts actually about ED that stops me going in there. I'm not interested in how someone's dog is or what they're having for dinner which is what it seems like. I love the debates on other threads about the characters, I despised Gennie but the humour and banter about her in some threads was brilliant.
    I never found anyone in Daily to be rude or unwelcoming but definitely found it cliquey.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie would hardly be a big return as she is just taking a short time out of the soap anyway. If her actions turn out to have lit the touchpaper towards Cameron's crimes being discovered then maybe it will turn out to have been for the best.

I heard rumours earlier this year about Leyla coming back. Ironically, Alicia seems to have been more civilised as step-mum to Jacob recently. (Alicia running Leyla out of town contributed towards my suspension of Emmerdale viewing in 2011, as did the Aaron/ Jackson/ Hazel storyline so I hope neither Aaron nor Hazel come back).

Brilliant Yuletide returns would include Roz (who could move back in with Moira and thus live under the same roof as Vanessa). Also Lyn Hutchinson, Marlon's girlfriend from 1998, who could turn his head if he does attempt to get wed to Laurel.