Options

A revolting ending to the Cameron storyline - Debbie getting away with killing Gennie

Comments

• Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    star89 wrote: »
    They could prove if they 'could' have been fatal but not if they 'were' fatal. Only getting Gennie (alive) to hospital and trying to save her life could prove if she would have died because of her injuries. By looking at her, yes she probably would have died but I don't think there would be enough evidence to hold up in court to get Debbie charged with death by dangerous driving. Especially knowing Cameron suffocated her.

There still could have been a chance of surivial for Gennie in my opinion, if Cameron did not suffocate her.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There still could have been a chance of surivial for Gennie in my opinion, if Cameron did not suffocate her.

Of course there was a chance. If Gennie had of gotten to hospital they could have saved her but we will never know that and that IMO is why they wouldn't be able to get a case of death by dangerous driving to stick against Debbie. Dangerous driving yes, but not death by dangerous driving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there was a chance. If Gennie had of gotten to hospital they could have saved her but we will never know that and that IMO is why they wouldn't be able to get a case of death by dangerous driving to stick against Debbie. Dangerous driving yes, but not death by dangerous driving.

Not everybody who is rushed to the hospital survive. IMO a coroner could determine if without Cameron suffocating her she would have had a chance of survival or not.
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could prove if they 'could' have been fatal but not if they 'were' fatal. Only getting Gennie (alive) to hospital and trying to save her life could prove if she would have died because of her injuries. By looking at her, yes she probably would have died but I don't think there would be enough evidence to hold up in court to get Debbie charged with death by dangerous driving. Especially knowing Cameron suffocated her.

Yes, "could have" would not cut it. She probably would have died, but their was an off chance they would have saved her (this is Hotton general after all, they work miracles, see Katie, Jimmy and Alicia for evidence). :D
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. In real life if it went to court it would surely have to be a safe conviction. I doubt they could get that, especially if some of the internal effects of suffocation might be similar to those caused by the injuries. At the very least, given the new information, they would have to disregard the last coroner's report and get a new autopsy done, possibly by a different coroner?
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    We all owe Debs a debt of gratitude for her bravery. Jealousy should not be allowed to get in the way of apologies.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP should accept Kate Oates has done away all sense of reality and goes in for Hokum Hokum Hokum.
    I'm looking forward to the end of next month when Ned the Talking Horse arrives to work as a stud at Moira's farm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again Lola you've hit the nail on the head!

It's fairly obvious to see that Debbie was the last and the current producer's pet project! They've inject that much drama and so much character changes into her that is all exploded into this! Debbie was an accessory to murder, she drove Gennie off a cliff that rendered her defenseless and left her alone with a man she knows to be a remorseless killer!

All this week has been is an extremely cheap way to pull Debbie down to normality again without having her face the appropriate circumstances! She's finally admitted her wrong doings after weeks of denying it but so what, that's all good character wise but what's the point in the long run! Lisa has already forgiven her even though she vowed to disown Debbie after her gangster lifestyle nearly killed Belle, Zak worships her and sticks up for her even though he disowned and abandoned Chas when she was in deep trouble with 'killing' Carl!

Since we know that Gennie is NEVER gonna get justice, all i can say i hope Debbie gets put background character duty for the foreseeable future and just let her plod away in the village instead of being put in yet another big storyline where she does something shit and is immune from criticism or punishment!
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The short of it is that Debbie would of already of shot Chas in the head and be in prison by now if the clan hadnt of stopped her. Ironicaly the same shot gun she was going to use then was used in the woolpack by Cameron. An illigal gun just tossed in the back of a rusty van by the mentalist Zak Dungle. He should do time for that.

Debbie made so many lies post Gennies death that there should be no comming back for her, but then her store of vodka which wasnt all vodka nearly killed the dingle kid and she was forgiven almost instantly.....

like i said on another thread, they will no doubt have a group hug and move on till another Debs ploy kills another of them
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thin that is really annoying me at the moment is everyone has this "poor Debbie" attitude and doesn't care about anyone else. Like last nights episode some asked "Hows Debbie, still at the hospital?" but what about Alicia? Debbie was fine physically when she came out, Alicia could be dead and no one was asking about her? Same with before the siege happened everyone seemed to care about Debbie, and didn't give a crap about Chas, who has been though more IMO, at least all of Debbie's close family is still alive, and Debbie didn't go to prison for something she didn't do. And what about Jimmy and Brenda? Do they get no sympathy after they found out their family were murdered? No, because Debbie has been through a tough time, lets make it all about her, despite the fact she brought a lot of it on herself. Grrrrr, damn you writers :mad:

Back to the original post, that is just the nature of soaps, people seem to have very short memories, so it's not just this storyline, take Carla and Stella in corrie for example, Carla almost killed her, but later on Stella was far most upset about the affair with Peter rather then almost get killed by her. And anyways, I don't think Debbie could be charged with anything more than a driving offence, could she? It wasn't death by dangerous driving as Gennie didn't die of the result of the crash, but because Cameron suffocated her, I don't think "she would have died anyway" argument would held up well in court as there is no evidence of that, and for her to be charged with accomplice to murder , she would have to have known what Cameron was doing. Actually i have just remembered she could be charged with perverting the cause of justice. So what, we are going to give her a life sentence for that and speeding? I don't think they give out life sentences for that :D

There you go Star, I just defending her, I will take my money in cash (please ignore the massive rant I had at the start) :cool:

She might be fine physically, but not so much mentally. Cuts and bruises heal a lot quicker than mental scars.

To be fair, Chas had already done the porridge a good few months before Debbie found out she hadn't been the one to kill Carl. Even if she'd told her straight away the second she knew, it wouldn't have made a jot of difference in that respect!

It's fairly obvious to see that Debbie was the last and the current producer's pet project! They've inject that much drama and so much character changes into her that is all exploded into this! Debbie was an accessory to murder, she drove Gennie off a cliff that rendered her defenseless and left her alone with a man she knows to be a remorseless killer!

All this week has been is an extremely cheap way to pull Debbie down to normality again without having her face the appropriate circumstances! She's finally admitted her wrong doings after weeks of denying it but so what, that's all good character wise but what's the point in the long run! Lisa has already forgiven her even though she vowed to disown Debbie after her gangster lifestyle nearly killed Belle, Zak worships her and sticks up for her even though he disowned and abandoned Chas when she was in deep trouble with 'killing' Carl!

Since we know that Gennie is NEVER gonna get justice, all i can say i hope Debbie gets put background character duty for the foreseeable future and just let her plod away in the village instead of being put in yet another big storyline where she does something shit and is immune from criticism or punishment!

She didn't drive Gennie off a cliff, Gennie panicked, lost control of the car and accidentally went over the edge. Debbie didn't plough into her deliberately shoving the car down that drop. As to leaving her with a killer, I don't think she thought in a million years that Cameron would murder Gennie. Yes she knew he'd killed Carl, but Carl was a strong bloke, who as far as Debbie knew, was caught attacking Chas, who Cameron stopped in self defence. Gennie was a harmless woman lying injured after a car crash, it would never have entered Debbie's mind that Cameron could or would do that.

The most she could really be done for is dangerous driving, and seeing as the actress doesn't want any time off, they can't very well put her in the slammer, so they made it that she helped the police in return for her freedom. The police used her as bait to catch a murderer, in a way that could easily have seen her killed, the least they can do is waive her sentence, especially as she's not exactly a danger! If (god forbid) she ever wants to leave ED, I suppose they could then have her do her time or something, though hopefully that won't happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    The short of it is that Debbie would of already of shot Chas in the head and be in prison by now if the clan hadnt of stopped her. Ironicaly the same shot gun she was going to use then was used in the woolpack by Cameron. An illigal gun just tossed in the back of a rusty van by the mentalist Zak Dungle. He should do time for that.

Debbie made so many lies post Gennies death that there should be no comming back for her, but then her store of vodka which wasnt all vodka nearly killed the dingle kid and she was forgiven almost instantly.....

like i said on another thread, they will no doubt have a group hug and move on till another Debs ploy kills another of them

I disagree. That storyline proved to me that Debbie doesn't have it in her to kill someone (in cold blood before anyone says that she killed Gennie which IMO she didn't). She knew it and so did Cain. That's why he egged her on, pushing for her to shoot, yes it was a risky plan but he knew Debbie didn't have it in her to kill Chas and he was right. He knew it and so did Debbie.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're quite right, JR and unfortunately we all knew weeks ago that this is how it would go. No way were they ever going to put Dobbeh in a position where she might actually have to be off our screens for an extended period, so we all knew she would be 'redeemed'. And that's exactly what they did. :rolleyes:

And HAPPY MILDSTONE you little 48K chatterbox, (although you should've gone to t'Daily for it really). :cool::cool:
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might be fine physically, but not so much mentally. Cuts and bruises heal a lot quicker than mental scars.

To be fair, Chas had already done the porridge a good few months before Debbie found out she hadn't been the one to kill Carl. Even if she'd told her straight away the second she knew, it wouldn't have made a jot of difference in that respect!

1) I know, that is why I said physically, I know she going to be mentally scared for life (or at least a month, this is a soap after all :D). I was just pointing out why they all seemed to be worrying about her and not even giving Alicia who was on deaths door a thought :)

2) I didn't say that Debbie could have done anything about Chas going to prison. I meant that everyone worried about Debbie saying she is going through a hard time without even giving a second thought about Chas, who has been through a worse time IMO

Basically, my rant wasn't even about Debbie, it was more about everyone else is only worrying about her, and not really giving a crap about the others who have been hurt in this situation. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) I know, that is why I said physically, I know she going to be mentally scared for life (or at least a month, this is a soap after all :D). I was just pointing out why they all seemed to be worrying about her and not even giving Alicia who was on deaths door a thought :)

2) I didn't say that Debbie could have done anything about Chas going to prison. I meant that everyone worried about Debbie saying she is going through a hard time without even giving a second thought about Chas, who has been through a worse time IMO

Basically, my rant was even about Debbie, it was more about everyone else is only worrying about her, and not really giving a crap about the others who have been hurt in this situation. :rolleyes:

Tbh, I think it's unreasonable if at least one, if not all three, of Chas, Marlon and Dobbeh are shown to be suffering from PTSD after what they went through.

I did think for a minute it was going to be Marlon, but then Loopy Laurel made it all about her instead and poor Marlon had to just get over it to accommodate her. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, can somebody explain? I thought Cameron killed Gennie??? Not Debbie.
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, can somebody explain? I thought Cameron killed Gennie??? Not Debbie.

He did. But it was Debbie's driving that caused the crash. We do not know if Gennie would have survived her injuries so Debbie could have, without meaning to, killed her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Basically, my rant wasn't even about Debbie, it was more about everyone else is only worrying about her, and not really giving a crap about the others who have been hurt in this situation. :rolleyes:

Maybe its because apart from Alicia, all the others escaped uharmed, and didn't go through the horror of what Chas, Debbie and Marlon to an extent, went through. And I know being held hostage would horrific enough, but I would actually find the cellar bit worse I think, as being under water terrifies me. I think I'd have preferred to keep Cameron sweet by any means possible rather than go in that cellar:eek:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Tbh, I think it's unreasonable if at least one, if not all three, of Chas, Marlon and Dobbeh are shown to be suffering from PTSD after what they went through.

I did think for a minute it was going to be Marlon, but then Loopy Laurel made it all about her instead and poor Marlon had to just get over it to accommodate her. :rolleyes:

Bloody Laurel:mad:. I think I've now realised it's not Marlon I've got a problem with, its Laurel. Marlon with the other Dingles/ other villagers preven on his own is actually quite ok and bearable, its that loopy bint who's the issue.

* ducks for cover*:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody Laurel:mad:. I think I've now realised it's not Marlon I've got a problem with, its Laurel. Marlon with the other Dingles/ other villagers preven on his own is actually quite ok and bearable, its that loopy bint who's the issue.

* ducks for cover*:o

Exactly - I've been saying this forever. Please Kate Oates - split Maurel up and you'll be left with 2 perfectly acceptable individuals, (particularly Marlon). :)

Not gonna happen though is it? :(:(
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. That storyline proved to me that Debbie doesn't have it in her to kill someone (in cold blood before anyone says that she killed Gennie which IMO she didn't). She knew it and so did Cain. That's why he egged her on, pushing for her to shoot, yes it was a risky plan but he knew Debbie didn't have it in her to kill Chas and he was right. He knew it and so did Debbie.

Just my view, but I think she had every intention to do it, but Cain and co being there where not part of the plan and wobbled her resolve. I mean Debs made a fase statement to the police to try and get Chas sent down for murder, then when she did know who did the murder did she tell anyone ... hell no... she chassed down and was a part of ki9lling Gennie to hide that secret.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Exactly - I've been saying this forever. Please Kate Oates - split Maurel up and you'll be left with 2 perfectly acceptable individuals, (particularly Marlon). :)

Not gonna happen though is it? :(:(

She really needs to split them up ( though eventually its guaranteed to happen, no one stays happy and together forever in soap land:D). Their both bareable, tolerable and even quite likeable on their own, or with other villagers. But not together.
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    Just my view, but I think she had every intention to do it, but Cain and co being there where not part of the plan and wobbled her resolve. I mean Debs made a fase statement to the police to try and get Chas sent down for murder, then when she did know who did the murder did she tell anyone ... hell no... she chassed down and was a part of ki9lling Gennie to hide that secret.

There is a vast difference between signing a false statement, keeping someone's dreadful secret or accidentally causing a crash, to actually taking someone's life. We all say it 'if you do such and such again, I'll kill you', even threaten them, doesn't meant we'd actually go through with it. Marlon could have shot Cameron, but couldn't go through with it, as its not in him, even though Cameron was a serious threat. Cain can beat people to a bloody pulp, and regularly threatens them, but no matter how far he's gone, he's never actually killed anyone, because he's not a killer. And neither is Debbie.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should of made it that Cameron drove the car and ran Gennie off the road. It then would of been easier to forgive Debbie in her involvement in Gennies death.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really needs to split them up ( though eventually its guaranteed to happen, no one stays happy and together forever in soap land:D). Their both bareable, tolerable and even quite likeable on their own, or with other villagers. But not together.

There is a vast difference between signing a false statement, keeping someone's dreadful secret or accidentally causing a crash, to actually taking someone's life. We all say it 'if you do such and such again, I'll kill you', even threaten them, doesn't meant we'd actually go through with it. Marlon could have shot Cameron, but couldn't go through with it, as its not in him, even though Cameron was a serious threat. Cain can beat people to a bloody pulp, and regularly threatens them, but no matter how far he's gone, he's never actually killed anyone, because he's not a killer. And neither is Debbie.

Cain would have killed Cameron if Debbie hadn't stopped him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    She didn't kill Gennie.