Options

The Secret History of Britney Spears' Lost Album

cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
Forum Member
I found this article about the story of Britney's lost Original Doll album:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album

Very interesting read, I must admit. I'm a longterm Britney fan and I sometimes wonder what Original Doll would have been like. I'd say it would have done fairly well as it was supposed to be a very dark and personal album (even more so than Britney Jean!). I would love to hear a lot of the songs intended for it, but I doubt they will ever leak :( I heard that some of the material had been 'destroyed' but that could be a cover up. I wonder will we ever know?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I read this yesterday. Im a hug britney fan aswell i would think it would be right inbetween the styles of in the zone and blackout... which to be fair are her best albums... I just wish that this album had happened or at least leaked but yeah i think the songs are probs locked up somewhere never to see the light of day :(
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she had a song called Take off which would of been her gay anthem version. Damn it. How amazing would that of been.

This album would of covered so many different themes. The after affects of her breakup from justin, her relationship and eventual marriage to Kevin and then her pregnancy. It also sounds to me she was showing how unhappy she truly was in her lyrics, so this album would of been her pre-breakdown album.

Although we never got Original doll, i can't help but not feel that fussed. We got Blackout and by popular belief, it is considered her masterpiece.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I read this yesterday. Im a hug britney fan aswell i would think it would be right inbetween the styles of in the zone and blackout... which to be fair are her best albums... I just wish that this album had happened or at least leaked but yeah i think the songs are probs locked up somewhere never to see the light of day :(

It would have fitted in nicely and it would have given people the chance to hear what Britney was truly feeling at the time. It might have given her a bit more credibility with the general public. I read somewhere that some the songs were destroyed :( I know Mona Lisa was supposed to have been the first single from the album. The more I listen to that song, the more that I realise it scarily predicted her 2007 breakdown. The other songs that exist that I know are from the album are Do Somethin', (I've Just Begun) Having My Fun, Money Love Happiness, Peep Show (only snippets exist though) and Ouch. I think Look Who's Talking Now might have been for OD as well. Break The Ice was originally recorded for it but that was redone for Blackout. Oh what could have been...

Just one thing - if OD had been released would we have got Blackout?