• D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside
    Lost
    Desperate Housewives
    Footballers Wives
    Bad Girls

I used to watch a lot of TV but now it's just Hollyoaks, TOWIE, Big Brother and Eastenders.
  • aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Brookside
    Lost
    Desperate Housewives
    Footballers Wives
    Bad Girls

I used to watch a lot of TV but now it's just Hollyoaks, TOWIE, Big Brother and Eastenders.

Classy stuff :)
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Adventure Game
    World of Sport
    Grandstand
    Friday Night Rock Show
    Gamesmaster
    Survival
    Wildlife on One
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    The Adventure Game
    World of Sport
    Grandstand
    Friday Night Rock Show
    Gamesmaster
    Survival
    Wildlife on One

I always liked The Adventure Game. That could be revived.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Green Wing
    Boston Legal
    Game On
    Whose Line Is It Anyway
    Spaced
    The Games
    Vexed
    How Not To Live Your Life
    Monkey Dust
    2D TV
    Flipside TV
    3rd Rock From The Sun
    Noel's House Party (:D)

Also, I 100% need to see Gene Hunt in the 90s. All that technology would send him nuts! But I suppose Ashes to Ashes rounded it all off and removed any mystery. Not that it wouldn't still work.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whose Line Is It Anyway? I'd like Clive Anderson to be the host again and also the old regulars to be on it.....Ryan Stiles, Josie Lawrence, Greg Proops, John Sessions, Paul Merton, Mike McShane, Tony Slattery, Jim Sweeney, Steve Steen, Stephen Frost and Colin Mochrie.

Ed Fringe - What Does The Title Matter Anyway?

A 2 week run at the Edinburgh Fringe this Summer. I'm hoping it's a dry run for a TV return.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,046
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Ed Fringe - What Does The Title Matter Anyway?

A 2 week run at the Edinburgh Fringe this Summer. I'm hoping it's a dry run for a TV return.

Ah wow, wish I could see that! Thanks for that, I didn't know some of the gang would be getting back together for some shows. I'd love it to be back on tv :)
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was younger, I used to like The Good Old Days, with the re-creation of the old Music Hall. I particularly remember Leonard Sachs' flowery introductions, the audience playing along and Roy Hudd doing Max Miller.
    I doubt it would work these days though.
  • nan_thanan_tha Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Lost in Space
    Spitting Image
    The X Files
    Cadfael
    Gimme Gimme Gimme
    2 point 4 Children
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Generation Game.
    The Mighty Boosh
    Green Wing
    The Bill.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Green Wing.

I totally agree. I love watching Mark Heap. He is hilarious. He was also brilliant in 'Monks'.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopsim wrote: »
    I totally agree. I love watching Mark Heap. He is hilarious. He was also brilliant in 'Monks'.
    Was he the John Cleese impersonator? They could get him to do a new series of Fawlty Towers.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilies, costume drama set in Liverpool. Axed prematurely after only one series.

Playing the Game

One I can't remember title of, set in a factory, starred Philip Glenister, character name Mac and Lesley Sharpe.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    BBC Survivors - can't believe they couldn't be assed to do the 3rd season. After the series 2 cliffhanger aswell....
    Forum Member
    Lilies, costume drama set in Liverpool. Axed prematurely after only one series.

Playing the Game

One I can't remember title of, set in a factory, starred Philip Glenister, character name Mac and Lesley Sharpe.

The one with Philip Glenister and Lesley Sharp was Clocking Off. I saw it repeated on Sony TV last year and I really enjoyed it.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Boss
    Teenage Kicks
    Young Ones
    Bottom
    Filthy Rich & Catflap
    Blackadder
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    Dead Boss
    Teenage Kicks
    Young Ones
    Bottom
    Filthy Rich & Catflap
    Blackadder

Can't believe I posted this and now its been announced that Rik Mayall is dead.
    Forum Member
    AngiBear wrote: »
    Can't believe I posted this and now its been announced that Rik Mayall is dead.

You weren't to know, AB.
  • Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cook Report!

Can you imagine ITV daring to do something like this nowadays?
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Randell and Hopkirk (deceased)
    Thunderbirds !

You can't improve on near perfection so I would say these are 2 shows that should NEVER be remade. Reeves And Mortimer's effort was just about watchable but a Thunderbirds remake would inevitably be CGI rubbish.

My choice would be Fifteen To One but properly done and faithful to the original, ie, no inane chit chat and constant updates on the state of play as with the dismal Sandi Toksvig reboot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    culttvfan wrote: »
    You can't improve on near perfection so I would say these are 2 shows that should NEVER be remade. Reeves And Mortimer's effort was just about watchable but a Thunderbirds remake would inevitably be CGI rubbish.

Captain Scarlet....... The CGI version actually improved on the original and the animation had a really quirky feel to it. Admittedly Captain Scarlet doesn't have the history and pedigree of Thunderbirds though.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Captain Scarlet....... The CGI version actually improved on the original and the animation had a really quirky feel to it.

WHAAAAAAT?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's me or the dog

It only ran for about 3 or 4 series here , they should bring it back . Mind you I know they need to find people that are willing to be filmed.

There's no other dog training progs out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Sirens
  • sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mole, keep saying it every time someone asks this question usually quite a few others would like to see The Mole again, other countries have it, it really is time we had it back it was 'must see' telly.