Maybe we have got Michelle all wrong

Comments

• ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lorry wrote:
    Here’s my tuppenceworth. I see Michelle as rather a needy, insecure girl with what sounds like fairly limited life-experiences so far. We know she has recently transformed herself from plump friendless frump to slim, sexy temptress. I suspect she also has dreams, like many other girls, of being whisked off her feet by a knight in shining armour - and hey presto! She’s suddenly cooped up with Stuart - who must seem to her quite “glamorous” (university degree, chiselled good-looks, well-spoken, individual dress-sense etc). She’s attracted to him, she flirts, and what do you know, he doesn’t exactly push her away. So you can hardly blame her for not wanting to let up on what she might see (even unconsciously) as her big chance, so she keeps up the pressure relentlessly.

Stuart is a young, testosterone-laden man at the height of his sexual development who is enjoying the attention, and the moments when he does respond result, for both of them, in a state of arousal which is almost impossible to resist (most of us will know how difficult it is to stop once that point is reached, even in a place where others might see us?). It seems that Stuart has managed up to now to stop just short of full sex, but Michelle obviously doesn’t have quite the same self-control. I suspect that her physical and emotional need for Stuart is greater than her moral conscience - and I’m not going to judge her for that.

I suppose what I’m saying is, she doesn’t seem to me to be the archetypal “slapper”, more a girl with issues, and perhaps we should have some empathy for her. I’m actually quite glad for her that it’s Stuart who’s the object of her attention - if it had been Victor, I suspect that (assuming Channel 4 was still on air) she would have ended up with a much worse reputation, but by now be feeling hurt and rejected.

I think the “bedsit separation” will give them both a chance to cool down, and it will be interesting to see whether or not the relationship picks up on the same, or different level (or at all).

Sorry to go on for so long!
    I agree. Jolly sensible post:)
  • xxdeeniexxxxdeeniexx Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Has anyone ever actually heard Michelle gossip or bitch about anyone?

I admire her for confronting both Shell and Van after her discussion with Big Brother re: how the girls feel about her relationship with Stuart. If that was any other housemate they would have spoke to every else about their concerns without actually confronting the people concerned.

I believe she is intimitated by other females as a result of her own insecurities.

On the sex front - each to their own, who the hell are we to say what is right and what is wrong??? It is all subjective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are we? We're the viewers who watch these freaks and give them their 15 minutes of fame, so that gives us the right to judge. The whole point of the show is to judge these puppets and vote for them. And so I can safely say that some geordie slapper shagging some guy shes known for less than a week on national tv is as cheap as it gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally dense, with the blankest expression I've ever seen on anyone's face. No personality and as self-centred as they come. Loved the comment from the guest on BB E-forum about her being a "Zombie with Libido".

Can't forget the way she had a quick and emotionless (as ever) glance up at the cameras as if to ensure they were pointing at her while she was supposedly 'crying' on Stuart's shoulder after being nominated. It made me laugh when Stuart then did exactly the same thing whilst 'comforting' her.

Pathetic, the pair of them. Anyone with recordings, do watch that again and see what I mean. I missed it the first time but my wife got me to watch it again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of it this way, when ure in love u tend to lack more personality and spend their time just day dreaming about the other lover.
  • rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hackjaw wrote:
    Who are we? We're the viewers who watch these freaks and give them their 15 minutes of fame, so that gives us the right to judge. The whole point of the show is to judge these puppets and vote for them. And so I can safely say that some geordie slapper shagging some guy shes known for less than a week on national tv is as cheap as it gets.

you dont have to watch ...no one forces you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have every right to watch and I enjoy watching these freaks **** themselves out on TV desperate to become Z-list celebs. Doesnt mean I dont laugh at them and experience "schaudenfreude" while watching these pathetic creatures make a spectacle of themselves.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a plumpish person, however, I also have numerous friends. Generalising about a person because of their size reflects back again onto the person making those observations. Empty pots make most noise, is a believe the old saying.
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote:
    I am a plumpish person, however, I also have numerous friends. Generalising about a person because of their size reflects back again onto the person making those observations. Empty pots make most noise, is a believe the old saying.
    :eek: I'm not sure if your comments are aimed at me because I referred to Michelle as having transformed herself from plump friendless frump? If so, these were remarks made by Michelle herself about her own past! I certainly would not generalise in this way (being "plump" to say the least :o myself)!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I've read this whole thread, and I must admit that I agree with Hackjaw that Michelle is a slapper.

Firstly, I'm not prepared to get into any personal attacks of any kinds - I have a right to my opinion as does anyone else. Michelle-lovers - you have every right to believe what you want - but please don't sit here & tell me I'm wrong, a snob, etc.

Any woman who would act like she has, in such little time, KNOWING FULL WELL she's on national tv, in a room full of 10 other strangers, being as forceful as she was, IS A SLAPPER (of course, this is my opinion).

She's forced herself on someone who apparantly wasn't all that keen on her to start out with. I'm dying to find that picture of him leaning away from her with his arms up - while she's leaning in to talk to him. Any self-respecting girl/woman/or even man for that matter would know when to give up. But she's needy & clingy & is ramming herself down his throat (no pun intended), and that to me says slapper.

Whether she's doing it for the votes, for the shag-money, or even just because she likes him - it makes no difference. Let's not over romanticise this by calling it 'love' - that's an insult to the word itself. Whatever her reasons, she's thrown herself at him - to do with as he pleases. And that's why I feel she's a slapper. She over-prioritizes sex as being something that should be done early on - which to me, says a lot of her character.

'Touch me bap, chicken' *groan*

I really pity her because if she continues to throw herself at anyone who's interested, she'll never know the beauty of making love to someone - it's all just a cheap tawdry shag. Or even getting to KNOW someone deeply before sharing yourself with him. She values herself as just a piece of t&a - a nice body that she's worked hard for - and now it's like a 24 hour offlicense - for anyone's convenience.

That being said, I want her to stay in the house. it's a gruesome car wreck, and it's interestung tv.

And please, Michelle, change your hairstyle. The ribbons are doing my head in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hackjaw wrote:
    I have every right to watch and I enjoy watching these freaks **** themselves out on TV desperate to become Z-list celebs. Doesnt mean I dont laugh at them and experience "schaudenfreude" while watching these pathetic creatures make a spectacle of themselves.

why do i get this feeling you come out with what sounds like some extreme religious beliefs

i could be wrong and your on the game ;)
  • xxdeeniexxxxdeeniexx Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    On the contrary, I myself went from size 18 to size ten, have always had a wide group of friends and always been a strong, confident person. Everyone deals with their own situation in their own way which is one of the reasons we watch BB and are so quick to form our own opinions.

However, I think Michelle's weight did compound her insecurities , otherwise why would she be compelled to tell everyone about her circumstances???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are assumptions now bein made about my religious beliefs? Its ridiculous all the different class/religious angles going on here. Youre reading too much into this. As I've said, simple fact is that she is a slapper who sucked c*ck on national tv in her first week in the house.

Lets cut out thios socio/political/religious claptrap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazmin wrote:
    I really pity her because if she continues to throw herself at anyone who's interested, she'll never know the beauty of making love to someone - it's all just a cheap tawdry shag. Or even getting to KNOW someone deeply before sharing yourself with him. She values herself as just a piece of t&a - a nice body that she's worked hard for -
    I agree with this bit of your post. I feel rather sorry for her that her "carpe diem" strategy will likely lose her the respect of this person she seems so keen on as well as the sympathy of the TV audience
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well you'll all be in an uproar now shes just stripped off for a life drawing :D

personally .... with the right make up and hair stylists behind her shes actually a beautiful looking girl ..... just my opinion though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes so desperate for attention and shes already getting her baps out for the chickens in the house to audition for her 10 minute career as a page 3 tart. With her bulldog face she wont go too far.
    Forum Member
    ludovica wrote:
    I agree with this bit of your post. I feel rather sorry for her that her "carpe diem" strategy will likely lose her the respect of this person she seems so keen on as well as the sympathy of the TV audience

Ludovica - for the sake of interesting discussion, why would she lose respect from people if she's not acting inappropriately in the first place?
  • Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lorry wrote:
    Stuart is a young

Yes
    testosterone-laden

No

at the height of his sexual development

Yes. From this age onwards a man's sexual needs reduce somewhat. He's not sexually compatible with Michelle now, and he will become less so.

Irrespective of his feelings towards Michelle personally, he did say early on in the house that he was not going to masturbate for the duration (before he knew Michelle might help him not to).

For a 20 year old to feel confident he could go 10 weeks without relief he has to have a lower sex drive than the average 20 year old. That or a religious conviction against masturbation, which I think we can discount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazmin wrote:
    Ludovica - for the sake of interesting discussion, why would she lose respect from people if she's not acting inappropriately in the first place?
    I've never thought she and Stuart were acting appropriately anyway, so theres no debate on that one from me. If they like each other, why not wait, like Tom and Claire or Paul and Helen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ludovica wrote:
    If they like each other, why not wait, like Tom and Claire or Paul and Helen?

One could just as easily put it the other way. Tell Paul and Helen if they like each other why not go for it now, like Michelle and Stuart?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha Stuart had better draw her flatteringly or there will be an atmosphere
    Forum Member
    I feel rather sorry for her that her "carpe diem" strategy will likely lose her the respect of this person she seems so keen on

Oh, ok, I was just a little confused, as I thought you said she might lose Stuart's respect....

Thanks for the reply :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inge Jones wrote:
    One could just as easily put it the other way. Tell Paul and Helen if they like each other why not go for it now, like Michelle and Stuart?
    I'd have thought that was obvious.... for the reason of getting to know one another. Being on something like BB must make people be less like their ordinary selves and so all the harder to get to know someone during the run of the show.Beginning a sexual relationship in such circumstances would be ill advised at best, even if you disregarded the public reaction to such an occurrence
    Forum Member
    A picture is worth a thousand words

This doesn't appear to me to be a mutal affection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazmin wrote:
    Oh, ok, I was just a little confused, as I thought you said she might lose Stuart's respect....

Thanks for the reply :)
    It was her hastiness I was criticising there, not the fact that they were intimate. She hasn't given him much time to reflect