Options

Pointlessly Beautiful Matt on Tour in our Hearts Forever!! (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freckles88 wrote: »
    So what does this mean for Hustle then :confused:

I did wonder that too. Depends on how long and what he's doing out there I suppose. :confused:
    Good luck to him anyway. :confused:
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can remember the current Hustle cast only had contracts for 3 years - or rather one series and then an option to extend by 2 - so these are at an end. It depends if the Beeb want to recommission the series I think and if ratings are good again they might consider it. I suppose being an actor you can't assume anything and have to be looking for your next job.

7 series of a programme is pretty good, although Spooks is on 9 and just been renewed.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    janetshep wrote: »
    That sounds hopeful.
    I have to admit I have always been a fan of 'matt and flavia' and got hooked on their relationship. I've been feeling really fed up for the past week a) because the magic has gone and b) not sure how Matt's been affected (as he always seemed more besotted than Flavia). Hopefully there is some good news on the horizon for him.
    boddism wrote: »
    V true...:o

Personally I have always thought that Flav had it as bad as Matt.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    From what I can remember the current Hustle cast only had contracts for 3 years - or rather one series and then an option to extend by 2 - so these are at an end. It depends if the Beeb want to recommission the series I think and if ratings are good again they might consider it. I suppose being an actor you can't assume anything and have to be looking for your next job.

7 series of a programme is pretty good, although Spooks is on 9 and just been renewed.

Yes the last option was for the series just filmed.

I do wonder though if the Hustle in UK bit has been done to death and maybe the series might be good with a new "City"... ie somewhere in the US (even with the same cast).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah that makes sense then thanks , I hope everything works out for him .
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Re Hustle - it is being made into a film by Hollywood. Matt's trip over there may well be to do with the film of the series. That being said, however, I would think that the forthcoming series of Hustle may well be the last.

JJ
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    Re Hustle - it is being made into a film by Hollywood. Matt's trip over there may well be to do with the film of the series. That being said, however, I would think that the forthcoming series of Hustle may well be the last.

JJ

Is it though?? I thought it was "lost in development". It not being shown in the US wont help it either...

I too think this is the last series: what with there being a SPOILER ALERT
    murder- poss Mickey faking his to get out of trouble??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the Scott Maslen dance that people are talking about (AS) and I think its WORSE than Matt's infamous Meltdown...

I know this will stir up contoversies, but at least matt performed the dance competently until he got to the point where he forgot. Scotts was a mess from beginning to end.

I supported Scott to win, so Im sad that this has happened. He also forgot on live EE, so I hope this does not become something that affects him in the long term...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the Scott Maslen dance that people are talking about (AS) and I think its WORSE than Matt's infamous Meltdown...

I know this will stir up contoversies, but at least matt performed the dance competently until he got to the point where he forgot. Scotts was a mess from beginning to end.

I supported Scott to win, so Im sad that this has happened. He also forgot on live EE, so I hope this does not become something that affects him in the long term...

It did bring back some bad memories. Poor Scott! Still it demonstrates what a busy filming schedule and lack of preparation time can do - Matt was in practically the same situation leading up to his m***********, perhaps not such a major story line though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »

JJ
    Is it though?? I thought it was "lost in development". It not being shown in the US wont help it either...

I too think this is the last series: what with there being a SPOILER ALERT
    murder- poss Mickey faking his to get out of trouble??

I'm not convinced either that the reason for Matt's current visit to the US is related to the Hustle film - wouldn't mind if it was - but has a script even been finalised?

I've thought for some time that the next season of Hustle is probably the last which might explain why Matt has gone stateside at this time. However, if viewing figures were good the beeb might change their mind if they could make another series for less money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not convinced either that the reason for Matt's current visit to the US is related to the Hustle film - wouldn't mind if it was - but has a script even been finalised?

I've thought for some time that the next season of Hustle is probably the last which might explain why Matt has gone stateside at this time. However, if viewing figures were good the beeb might change their mind if they could make another series for less money.

I suspect theyre not expecting another series (perhaps their contracts are up) which is why Matt has gone the the US.

Its nov and filming on Hustle doest start till July- so that gives Matt plenty of time to work on LA based stuff, then come back to the UK for the summer if thats the scenario.

We've no idea if the US move is permanent- only the Best article states that..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2011/wk1/unplaced.shtml#unplaced_hustle

BBC press release regarding the new series - transmission date to be confirmed.
    The hustlers return with some new, ingenious and totally brilliant plans to teach the filthy rich a lesson and relieve them of some of their ill-gotten wealth.

Albert has three new marks lined up for the five tricksters – arrogant aristocrat Viscount Manley, corrupt MP Jeremy Garret and shady judge Stanley Mead. The group of hustlers can't decide which mark is most deserving of their special treatment, but when Eddie's niece is caught up in a modelling scam, the choice is made for them...

Wendy Stanton, CEO of Model Devotion, is a failed model, scamming £100,000 each year from naive young girls hoping to make it in the modelling business. Ruthless, hard-nosed and ambitious, Wendy wants to hit the big time and hates parting with money; cue the Hustle gang.

Mickey poses as emerging fashion guru Hilary King, who is launching a new line of women's clothing at Milan Fashion Week. He approaches Wendy looking for a face for the line, deliberately selecting Eddie's niece from the list of potentials. As the con unfolds, Mickey tries to persuade Wendy to invest a substantial amount of cash into the fashion line with the help of Ash and Sean, who are posing as his business associates.

When Wendy's reluctance to part with money becomes problematic, Emma steps in to play a premium psychic life coach exploiting Wendy's superstitions. She attempts to convince Wendy that investing in the fashion line is her one big opportunity with a few clever tricks. But will the hustlers succeed and teach Wendy a lesson on behalf of Eddie's niece?

Albert is played by Robert Vaughn, Eddie by Rob Jarvis, Wendy Stanton by Anna Chancellor, Mickey by Adrian Lester, Ash by Robert Glenister, Sean by Matt Di Angelo and Emma by Kelly Adams.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks who. I presumed Emma and Sean would be pretending to be models in this one, surprised they didn't go that way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks who. I presumed Emma and Sean would be pretending to be models in this one, surprised they didn't go that way

I think they might be on the short side - I know its only a TV programme but some viewers might nitpick.

Actually was it photographic or cat walk models?

I only read that plot outline five minutes ago and have forgotten it already. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they might be on the short side - I know its only a TV programme but some viewers might nitpick.

Actually was it photographic or cat walk models?

I only read that plot outline five minutes ago and have forgotten it already. :o

Lol don't beat yourself up about it it's not that detailed! 
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah- I thought the same thing tbh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://tattard2.blogspot.com/2010/12/fashion-week.html

More Hustle.

Guest star is Anna Chancellor - I thought this might have been Angela Griffiths episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks as though series 5 of Hustle is being repeated loads of times on this channel.

http://www.radiotimes.com/shows/hustle/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.tvrage.com/Hustle/episodes/1064997795

^ This link suggests a transmission date of Thursday 6 January 2011. Thats not long to wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.tvrage.com/Hustle/episodes/1064997795

^ This link suggests a transmission date of Thursday 6 January 2011. Thats not long to wait.

Fab! Although I too am confused re: this and the Angela Griffiths one... surely not 2 eps on fashion?? Maybe our wires got crossed somehow??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14227588@N07/5034638276/

Hustle filming - looks as though its from the same set as the one Dilly found from September.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14227588@N07/5034634392/

Is Robert Glenister smoking. tut tut :rolleyes::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14227588@N07/5034634392/

Is Robert Glenister smoking. tut tut :rolleyes::p

Lol he is aswell, maybe he's a bad influence on matt!

I wonder when we'll get some promotion from the team.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    The Sun-Buzz .....did an interview with him today from this tweet :)

http://twitter.com/TheSun_Buzz/statuses/12199871104684032
    Fun chat with Matt Di Angelo. He's back in the Beeb's Hustle this Jan can also recite all of The Office & do an ace Al Pacino impression

I was hoping we were getting it this weekend but apparently it will be in January when Hustle is starting....something else to look forward to :)

I'm guessing this means he's back from the US too then...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    The Sun-Buzz .....did an interview with him today from this tweet :)

http://twitter.com/TheSun_Buzz/statuses/12199871104684032

I was hoping we were getting it this weekend but apparently it will be in January when Hustle is starting....something else to look forward to :)

I'm guessing this means he's back from the US too then...

Thanks Dilly :) Also found some fun pics of Matt from Hustle filming on this blog.

http://laurasutton.blogspot.com/2010/11/hustle-vii.html
This discussion has been closed.