✭✭✭
There was no late news billed

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/ITV1+London/26%20December%202010/

but did they change the schedules ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    The late news was shown on ITV1 last night DURING the film Love Actually, hence why some listings sites and magazines did not list it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    argyess wrote: »
    The late news was shown on ITV1 last night DURING the film Love Actually, hence why some listings sites and magazines did not list it.

One of the reasons I will never again watch a late evening film live on ITV is because of this policy of stopping half way through to broadcast a news bulletin.

I really cant understand the thinking behind it as, for me, it means I usually cant be bothered sitting through news I have already seen, so I just stop watching the film. Invariably it'll crop up on another channnel at some point.

I would rather they weren't there, but I have no real problems with ads on ITV movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    argyess wrote: »
    ITV could have broadcast the news at 10:15, leaving the film uninterrrupted. Why does ITV regard it as necessary to broadcast the late news at 11, even if it means interrupting a film?
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    op,if you read the blurb on the link provided you will see
    Including ITV News and Weather, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    op,if you read the blurb on the link provided you will see

The listings magazines missed this out completely
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunhillpc1 wrote: »
    Why does ITV regard it as necessary to broadcast the late news at 11, even if it means interrupting a film?

Because it increases the amount of advert time they're allowed to show in and around the film.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    There was no late news billed

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/ITV1+London/26%20December%202010/

but did they change the schedules ?

If only someone would give us a news channel on its own?
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Because it increases the amount of advert time they're allowed to show in and around the film.

And because if they had shown the news at 10.15, there would have been no viewers switching from BBC1, as they would have just seen the news.

Putting Love Actually at 10.15 means it would have attracted viewers not interested in football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    If only someone would give us a news channel on its own?
    All digital viewers have the BBC News Channel, which, along with Sky News and CNN, is FTA on satellite. The ITV News Channel could not compete with them.
  • Options
    TVCymruTVCymru Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    sunhillpc1 wrote: »
    All digital viewers have the BBC News Channel, which, along with Sky News and CNN, is FTA on satellite. The ITV News Channel could not compete with them.

They had it and it failed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TVCymru wrote: »
    They had it and it failed
    I already knew that. It was my point when I said the ITV News Channel could not compete with BBC and Sky.
  • Options
    excel99excel99 Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    The listings magazines missed this out completely
    Don't know about any others, but TV Choice did say Love Actually included 'News/Weather'
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    I'm more concerned that Christmas Day's BBC1 schedule didn't include the lottery draws.
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    I'm more concerned that Christmas Day's BBC1 schedule didn't include the lottery draws.

im more concerned they had a lottery at all on Christmas Day:(
  • Options
    AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    ariusuk wrote: »
    And because if they had shown the news at 10.15, there would have been no viewers switching from BBC1, as they would have just seen the news.

Putting Love Actually at 10.15 means it would have attracted viewers not interested in football.

And because the news is far more important than a film.