Being asked if the meal is ok when eating out...

Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there anything more annoying then trying to talk. With a mouth full of food..

Comments

• JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Is there anything more annoying then trying to talk. With a mouth full of food..

Just wait until you swallow. Not difficult. Raise your hand to apologise for keeping them waiting while you finish your mouthful. Not a problem.
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    They ask you deliberately half way through the meal. If you say yes everything is fine, finish the meal and then complain at the end that something was wrong, they will just laugh at you and say you should have said something when we asked.

It's to stop people blagging free meals i.e. eating everything and then complaining that it wasn't good and saying they don't want to pay the bill.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Don't do it then :confused:
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can think of dozens of things more annoying.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    I can think of dozens of things more annoying.

lip fungus for one
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, smelling your finger to work out whether it's chocolate or shit, only to discover that it's the latter.
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always feel a bit sorry for the person asking if the food's OK, as I bet most dislike having to ask that. I know I would.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    They ask you deliberately half way through the meal. If you say yes everything is fine, finish the meal and then complain at the end that something was wrong, they will just laugh at you and say you should have said something when we asked.

It's to stop people blagging free meals i.e. eating everything and then complaining that it wasn't good and saying they don't want to pay the bill.

This ^^
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it mildly annoying. If I've a problem I'll attract their attention.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

#1stWorldProblems

*sigh*
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    #1stWorldProblems

*sigh*

End of the world for some isn't it, a mouth is full of food.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Yes, smelling your finger to work out whether it's chocolate or shit, only to discover that it's the latter.

Not as annoying as being asked to suck someone's finger to find out for them.
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind expects you to talk with your mouth full?
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind expects you to talk with your mouth full?

Do you expect me to talk???

No... I expect you to choke..
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Odd. Why do you feel compelled to answer this question with a mouthful of food?
    Is that your only issue here, because if that's the most annoying thing in your life, aren't you the lucky one?
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    I'm quite happy for the waiter to ask, "Is everything okay", and I answer when I'm ready.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

They usually don't do anything if you complain when they ask anyway.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    I don't mind it but at least let me pick my fork up before you ask the question
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just nod
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote:

Tell them to leave you alone OP. You poor poor thing. The audacity!!
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell them to leave you alone OP. You poor poor thing. The audacity!!

Well he's been back online bit appears to have deserted his poor thread. :cry:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Well he's been back online bit appears to have deserted his poor thread. :cry:

Poor little mite. :(:p
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find it a little rude, I was dragged up proper.
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always feel a bit sorry for the person asking if the food's OK, as I bet most dislike having to ask that. I know I would.

I used to work as waitress, part time to get me through college. Absolutely the worst part of the job for me. I knew how it annoyed people, but I had no choice.
    I'd try to be as quick as I could, and get in between mouthfuls. Most people were pleasant when replying, but you'd get the odd person who'd be horrible. That horrible person would make the dread of having to ask even worse.
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting a thread talking about why people say it's fine but then grumble after..... It's one of those things I find mildly annoying. I'd be interested to know why people don't speak out if they're not happy with the food but then go on moaning about it after the fact.

But being asked a question when one's mouth is full..... Really, that's someone's big problem in life? Oh well, it takes all sorts I guess.