Options

I've been rumbled after leaving negative feedback on Tripadvisor

Comments

• Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    And yet you continue to give him your money. Stop going, or stop moaning.

He's been told that many times in the course of the original thread and in this thread.
    He's not acknowledging such posts.
    He's simply regurgitating the same moans in every post he makes.
    The thread isn't going anywhere

Edit:
    In a different thread
    The Wizard wrote: »
    told him where to stick his pub. Like I say there's no half decent pubs around here. They're all run by arsewipes.
    He also upset a landlady of a "local" pub by telling her the pub across the road sold better value food. Yet he claims the latest pub is the only one nearby.
  • Options
    Rhythm StickRhythm Stick Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. Rumbled and cowed. Humiliated even.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's not like I've done anything illegal. I've left a review about a good pub with landlord who's an abrupt moody arse. Hardly a hanging offence. I wouldn't be the first to say this about him however I may be the first to utter it on Trip advisor but prior to removing my review it had 15 helpful thumbs up so obviously other people agree with it.

It was just an honest review as I saw it. At no point was it done to deliberately damage the pub. If anything I did it to help them improve things. Customers shouldn't have to visit a pub where they feel like walking on eggshells and the landlord and one of his staff can't speak to customers in a polite and respectful manner. I thought if they were made aware of this then maybe they could reflect on the way they speak to customers.

It shouldn't matter if they've rang last bell or not. If I ask politely if it would be possible to get another drink I don't expect to be given a filthy look and spoken to like a piece of shit. This never happens when the landlady is on duty and the rest of the staff are perfectly charming.

I agree, you haven't done anything wrong. ;-)

Just carry on as normal to not arouse suspicion any further.

Only you know that extent to which your identity may have been revealed by making that review and other's on Tripadvisor.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you just tell him you made it all up for the internet and none of it should really matter?
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decided to brave it and walk in tonight and the landlord was perfectly nice as was the usual stroppy barlady. In fact she unusually went out of her way to be extra polite and the landlord even offered to buy me a pint while we chatted over music tastes. I kindly declined.

So no harm done and problem averted. Lesson learned. Whether they still think it was me or whether they just realised they need to treat customers with a bit more respect, the fact is whatever I've said seems to have have had the desired affect which is all I really wanted.

The landlord even said he needs to make more effort to do the place up and fix the grotty toilets. Maybe that's all it took. Just a quick wake up call to let them know that standards have slipped. Glad he wasn't mad at me but nothing was mentioned.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to brave it and walk in tonight and the landlord was perfectly nice as was the usual stroppy barlady.

So no harm done and problem averted. Lesson learned.
    I thought you said he was a moody so and so who is quite changeable, so when you go in next time he might be the opposite. One evening is hardly a good way to measure things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been told that many times in the course of the original thread and in this thread.
    He's not acknowledging such posts.
    He's simply regurgitating the same moans in every post he makes.
    The thread isn't going anywhere

Edit:
    In a different thread

He also upset a landlady of a "local" pub by telling her the pub across the road sold better value food. Yet he claims the latest pub is the only one nearby.

This is the same pub. I wasn't barred. Went back in a few weeks ago and landlord tried to rip my wife off twice. Just goes to show this place isn't worth bothering with. This is one pub I wont be frequenting any time soon. The owners are obviously ripoff merchants. As for my local, it seems all is now well and I'll let sleeping dogs lie as they say. No more reviews.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it all went OK. I love a fairytale ending.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    I thought you said he was a moody so and so who is quite changeable, so when you go in next time he might be the opposite.

Maybe so. Will just have to see. Hopefully the review has given him something to think about but for now it's all off my back and he seems to be making an effort. At least I'm not in trouble so can continue to keep going in without fear of retribution. I can at least breathe a sigh of relief.

I honestly believe he isn't aware of his behaviour which is why I felt he needed a reminder but feared that telling him to his face may have caused conflict which hopefully now has been avoided so job done. At least for now.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he took as much time providing a decent service instead of acting like Columbo he wouldn't have to worry about Negative reviews.

Firms/Companies/ hotels they all love social media but they hate the other side that allows people to give a frank open view. I was looking at reviews of a hotel in Weymouth I stayed in a few years ago and each review was 100% how I remembered it. the same issues remained years later
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decided to brave it and walk in tonight and the landlord was perfectly nice as was the usual stroppy barlady. In fact she unusually went out of her way to be extra polite and the landlord even offered to buy me a pint while we chatted over music tastes. I kindly declined.

So no harm done and problem averted. Lesson learned. Whether they still think it was me or whether they just realised they need to treat customers with a bit more respect, the fact is whatever I've said seems to have have had the desired affect which is all I really wanted.

The landlord even said he needs to make more effort to do the place up and fix the grotty toilets. Maybe that's all it took. Just a quick wake up call to let them know that standards have slipped. Glad he wasn't mad at me but nothing was mentioned.
    This didn't happen.
    But can we have The Three Billy Goats Gruff next ? 😜
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giving this one a 5/10. Started off quite promisingly, but spoilt by the all too neat and swift denouement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    If he took as much time providing a decent service instead of acting like Columbo he wouldn't have to worry about Negative reviews.

Firms/Companies/ hotels they all love social media but they hate the other side that allows people to give a frank open view. I was looking at reviews of a hotel in Weymouth I stayed in a few years ago and each review was 100% how I remembered it. the same issues remained years later

The trouble is such attitudes prevent or deter people from ever leaving any form of negative feedback for fear of retribution and that in itself prevents people from leaving true honest feedback. Having 100% reviews may look good for a business but is it a true an honest reflection of their service? I know of Facebook pages that delete all negative comments then ignore any negative feedback. How exactly does that help them improve their service? All they're doing is selectively filtering the reviews that best boost custom. Is that right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This didn't happen.
    But can we have The Three Billy Goats Gruff next ? í*½í¸œ

Not biting. Don't care of you believe it quite honestly.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is such attitudes prevent or deter people from ever leaving any form of negative feedback for fear of retribution and that in itself prevents people from leaving true honest feedback. Having 100% reviews may look good for a business but is it a true an honest reflection of their service? I know of Facebook pages that delete all negative comments then ignore any negative feedback. How exactly does that help them improve their service? All they're doing is selectively filtering the reviews that best boost custom. Is that right?

Agree completely
    Hotel inspector covered this so many times. instead of hunting down the negative reviews accept a lot of the comments were correct and change what's going wrong.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. Rumbled and cowed. Humiliated even.

as I said before on the internet he has huge boulders between his legs but offline he's as smooth as a ken doll
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I receive awful service somewhere I don't generally go back why would you want to?:confused:
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Struggling to sleep and this thread has given me some very big laughs.

Thank you everyone, especially the landlord :D:D
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I barred myself from that one. Went in a few weeks ago with my wife and the landlord overcharged my wife twice and when she argued it with him she got nowhere but fobbed off with excises and was made out to be a liar. We told him where to stick his pub. Like I say there's no half decent pubs around here. They're all run by arsewipes.

all products go through the till on pre set buttons dont they?
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member

Grimm you mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. I barred myself from that one. Like I say there's no half decent pubs around here. They're all run by arsewipes.

I can see you now, a la Basil Fawlty, grabbing yourself by the scruff, kicking yourself up the arse shouting "Right! I warned you! That's it, you're barred!" as you fly through the door.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member

Reminded me of those stories you write as a kid, give up on and just finish with 'and then I woke up and it was all a dream'.
  • Options
    scottlscottl Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not winding you up but ..

You should have accepted the Pint IMHO. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all products go through the till on pre set buttons dont they?

Yes but he was charging her for double vodka and cokes but only pouring her singles then when she questioned it he tried to say my wife had asked for a double and that's what he poured but she knows her drink and it was definitely not a double. He did it twice in one night and it was on the second time she questioned it and was made out a liar. He had done the same thing on me on a previous visit but assumed it was just a mistake but since found out he does this a lot on other people. I reported him to the brewery and he got an arse kicking by the boss. Told them they've just lost two customers that spend £60 a night.