Options

using all my data limit before end of month HELP

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have an iphone 5s, i always get to a few days away from my data refresh date and have purchase a top up apart from notifications what else can i do to save data?

Comments

• Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how much do you have per month?

Stop Videos autoplaying in Facebook would be my starting point.
  • Options
    satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an iphone 5s, i always get to a few days away from my data refresh date and have purchase a top up apart from notifications what else can i do to save data?
  • Options
    iampaulxoiampaulxo Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Best to avoid any usage that will eat into your data such as streaming videos etc. Keep your usage minimal and only use it when necessary. Things like Snapchat and Instagram usage isn't a very good idea but WhatsApp usage without downloading images and videos are OK. Anything out of pleasure should be saved until you are on WiFi.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not use it for going online so much?
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn off background app refresh. Go to settings and then scroll down to Background App Refresh. Bluetooth off unless you need it. Personal Hotspot off unless you need it. Notification Centre off unless you really need it, scroll down and sort manually, then just include anything you really need. I have Messenger but that's about all. That should help a bit.
  • Options
    BagovBagov Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    How much data are you using? How much is it costing you? You may just need a better price plan. What network are you on?

Generally speaking, you get better value for data from a network if you buy an allowance or add-on.