Options

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aimee, where did you meet James and Eve - was it at The Hub con. in Northampton?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    met peter andre today for signing he was nice but security being idiots as usual rushing everyone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    browncoat wrote: »
    Aimee, where did you meet James and Eve - was it at The Hub con. in Northampton?

Nah it wasn't actually, they came to Milton Keynes a couple of years ago (the collectormania event thing!) Also met John Barrowman but we must have been annoying him, because he wasn't that friendly to us :( Caught him at the wrong moment, methinks!
  • Options
    dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    My Daughter met Peter Crouch when he was at Liverpool FC, he was an extremely nice and polite.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee26 wrote: »
    Nah it wasn't actually, they came to Milton Keynes a couple of years ago (the collectormania event thing!) Also met John Barrowman but we must have been annoying him, because he wasn't that friendly to us :( Caught him at the wrong moment, methinks!

My mother seems to think John Barrowman loves himself by the way he goes on on television. I asked her why she thought this and got the reply that he's just too smarmy when he's talking to contestants. Unless it was an off day for him perhaps?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago my daughter was queueing at the local cinema and found Paul Daniels and his wife in front of her.She says they were both very pleasant and Daniels said ''We do go to the cinema like other people you know!''
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    My mother seems to think John Barrowman loves himself by the way he goes on on television. I asked her why she thought this and got the reply that he's just too smarmy when he's talking to contestants. Unless it was an off day for him perhaps?

I've met John Barrowman. He is very cheesy and full on, but I think he's nice guy. He was super nice to the kids who had drawn pictures of Captain Jack. Even if he wasn't, he looked thrilled with them and had a long conversation with them.
  • Options
    dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    My Niece works in a card shop in Liverpool. She has met a few famous celeb's who come into the shop.

Nice ones:

Coleen Rooney
    Michael Starkey (his wife was miserable)
    Chubby Brown
    Alex Gerrard

Not nice:

Nicola Roberts was very miserable.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dolly doo wrote: »
    My Daughter met Peter Crouch when he was at Liverpool FC, he was an extremely nice and polite.

I met him at the Child Development Centre at our local hospital when he was playing for the Villa, very polite and kind, although a little self conscious. Had my photo take with him and my little boy. He had time for everyone there. Also met the twins that are in the Harry Potter films too.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Blythe Duff who plays Jackie Reid in Taggart once. She was very pleasant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    browncoat wrote: »

I met Ianto, Rys & PC Andy at a torchwood thing a couple of weeks ago, thet were slightly drunk, and they were very "In-joke" with each other, not really talking to us much, and they said James Marsters was a tosser - straight up! I was mortified! Kai Owen then whispered to me "James is alrigh really" then Gareth said, no, he is just a wa@k@r! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Ianto, Rys & PC Andy at a torchwood thing a couple of weeks ago, thet were slightly drunk, and they were very "In-joke" with each other, not really talking to us much, and they said James Marsters was a tosser - straight up! I was mortified! Kai Owen then whispered to me "James is alrigh really" then Gareth said, no, he is just a wa@k@r! :(

:eek: No way! I'm kind of shocked to hear that! Though it kind of makes me think badly of Gareth... To each his own and that, but I'd like to know why he didn't like him so much...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I met Blythe Duff who plays Jackie Reid in Taggart once. She was very pleasant.

I know two make-up artists in Glasgow who have worked with her and both independently said she's a frosty bitch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know two make-up artists in Glasgow who have worked with her and both independently said she's a frosty bitch.

Ah well, maybe she was in a better mood when I met her.

And it was nearly 20 years ago. Maybe her frostiness only developed later.
  • Options
    fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I met her in Edinburgh with my dad about 15 years ago, and can confirm this. I smiled at her, and she gave me the equivalent of up yours (not nice as I was in my teens at the time).

Also met Sue Barker around the same time, total moody cow and didn't like me speaking to the tennis stars or the attention they gave me over her! When I asked for hers it was like I'd asked something unthinkable!

Met a few Scottish celebs at the launch of a dictionary including Paul Coia, Dorothy Paul, and Wee Burney from Rab C. Nesbit were all pleasant and chatted.

Met and worked with time team lot, Phil Harding has horrific BO and grating sense of humour but lovely.

Saw Gok Wan in Waterstones in Leics, and smiled, he waved and smiled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fifi_folE wrote: »
    Met a few Scottish celebs at the launch of a dictionary including Paul Coia, Dorothy Paul, and Wee Burney from Rab C. Nesbit were all pleasant and chatted.

I was at school with Eric Cullen who played Wee Burney. He was the year above me, but we knew each other through the drama club. We were never close though; he was certainly never rude or unpleasant, but he didn't really encourage any approaches. Maybe he just thought I was a bit of an a **e though.
  • Options
    macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met the cast of Taggart last year as I won a competition. I thought they were all really nice. Alex Norton wouldn't shake hands as he had just had a plaster cast taken off :o

Colin McCredie was the best though. He asked what the first prize was and I said "A St Johnstone season ticket" :D

He is a big fan but he just laughed :)
  • Options
    Mr BungleMr Bungle Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once met Liberty X at an airport.

They were really friendly and stopped for photos and autographs with my mate's daughter (who was a fan of theirs).

Very nice people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I met J.K Rowling at the airport today! She was so nice and stopped to give me an autograph
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee26 wrote: »
    Wow, majorly impressed by the people you have met!

I would definitely have to say James Marsters is a lovely and quite humble person who maintains eye contact and has the most gentle handshake (and soft hands!)
    LOVE him.

Also Eve Myles was just so lovely.

I met James Marsters and I know what you mean! :):):)

I wonder whether is just an incorrigible flirt. I think he might give everybody hypnotically smouldering eye contact. My knees nearly buckled. Ha Ha!
  • Options
    pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee87 wrote: »
    Nice:
    Amy Lee (Evanescence), is so, so sweet. It was the middle of November and we got to Brixton Academy 8 hours early, so meeting her made it well worth it. We was also first in the queue funnily enough.

My friend met her and said she wasn't very nice at all. She was really impatient and cold, and kept tutting everytime someone came near here.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth do these people get a job in the fame game if they're not prepared to treat the people who pay their wages with decency? It's like they're only in it for the money and nothing else.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met J.K Rowling at the airport today! She was so nice and stopped to give me an autograph

Ive heard she is very nice to fans
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    My friend met her and said she wasn't very nice at all. She was really impatient and cold, and kept tutting everytime someone came near here.

A friend of mine works in the music business and apparently Amy Lee is known to be a bit of a bitch. Having said that a friend of mine met her at a meet and greet and said she was lovely
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member

I've met James Marsters a few times and he's always been lovely. He makes eye contact, shakes your hand and gives you his full attention. He's a total sweetheart. Oh, and big hands. And he's a good hugger too.:)

Can only think the above was a joke as James and Gareth are BFF's.

Kai is lovely, and far better looking in the flesh. He had a tan and really suited it.