Do you always use your headlights when driving at night in 30mph zones?

13»

Comments

• kizziekizzie Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    BMWs don't seem to have sidelights. Or indicators. But they do have dazzling headlights and drivers who insist on using their front foglights on a crystal clear night

Really? The car I just sold was a BMW and if you read my posts in driving threads you will see that's a load of rubbish :)

Do people really believe that when a driver buys a different make of car they lose the ability to drive properly? or could it be that you noticed one driver do it, then only notice and take on board when its another car the same?

I find a lot of men clock a women driving and say "look at that did you see that women blah de blah" and yet be totally oblivious to the man that just did the same.:confused:

Selective observation me thinks :D
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    BMWs don't seem to have sidelights. Or indicators. But they do have dazzling headlights and drivers who insist on using their front foglights on a crystal clear night

Any other pearls of wisdom you'd like to share with us?

iPhone owners brag about their phone.
    Gay people mince about like girls.
    Black people are less civilised.
    Americans are fat and wear loud shirts.
    Scottish people are tight.

It was (fairly) funny the first 10,000 times anybody said it but now; not so much.

Change the f**king record. :rolleyes:
  • blackdogblackblackdogblack Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidelights are pretty pointless. I have yet to find a use for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMWs don't seem to have sidelights.

Most BMW's, like Audis, have Day Running Lights, which as the name suggests remain on whenever the engine is running - Most of the time these also act as sidelights, on my dads Audi once the sidelights are turned on the DRL's dim (and in effect become the sidelights) and the rear lights turn on...
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Did DS turn into a motoring forum while I wasn't looking? ;)

Anyway, I never use sidelights - if it's dim enough for lights, headlights go on (dipped of course). As long as they are properly adjusted, then there should be no issue
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My BMW has standard headlights and I've never yet needed my foglights so they remain off.
    It also has indicators which I use regularly.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I always use headlights. Would never consider driving on sidelights only.

I agree, I've never just driven on sidelights, I can't see the point.