New video stream on d3&4 pid 2001

2»

Comments

• GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hidden audio PIDs (2002,2003) vanished from the Winter Hill version of this mux at around 01:30 and have not yet returned.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    PID 2001 now showing up in Anglia:
    PID found: 2001 (0x07d1) [PS/PES: ITU-T Rec. H.262 | ISO/IEC 13818-2 or ISO/IEC 11172-2 video stream]

The audio ones aren't present.
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audio streams removed, DVB subtitle stream added... interesting!
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly OT: Presuming for a moment that ITV4 is indeed the channel that will move to D3&4, it's a shame this hasn't come any sooner. This weekend is shaping up to be ITV's biggest weekend of motorsport in years, with Formula E and BTCC dominating the schedules. The extra resolution and PQ on ITV4 would have been nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    PID 2001 now showing up in Anglia:
    PID found: 2001 (0x07d1) [PS/PES: ITU-T Rec. H.262 | ISO/IEC 13818-2 or ISO/IEC 11172-2 video stream]

The audio ones aren't present.
    What's a PID?
    Sounds rude to me !
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    eladkse wrote: »
    Slightly OT: Presuming for a moment that ITV4 is indeed the channel that will move to D3&4, it's a shame this hasn't come any sooner. This weekend is shaping up to be ITV's biggest weekend of motorsport in years, with Formula E and BTCC dominating the schedules. The extra resolution and PQ on ITV4 would have been nice.
    It would also be nice to have ITV4 on D3&4 in time for the Tour de France.
  • jasonjimbobjasonjimbob Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No new streams have appeared on D3&4 on Wenvoe, would be nice if ITV 4 appear on that Mux, a new channel for my friend's mother since she only has Freeview Lite from Pennar. I tried to talk him around to put Freesat from Sky via his old Sky box, in for her and he didn't want to know as he had Sky HD fitted for himself.
    Forum Member
    No new streams have appeared on D3&4 on Wenvoe,
    The new stream is currently hidden from receivers, so it wouldn't be obvious if it's currently on-air in the Wales TV region.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just checked D3&4 from Moel-y-parc and the hidden video stream is there - and without audio PIDs - so basically the same as the current arrangement for Granada.
  • phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If ITV4 moves to D3 & D4 so it is available in more areas of the UK on Freeview Lite, ITV3+1 could move to ITV4 existing 24 hour slot.

ITVBe+1 could move from being on Freeview Channel 72 to 39 replacing The Store. ITVBe+1 could replace ITV3+1 between 18.00 - 0.00

ITV4+1 could replace The Store between 0.00 - 06.00 remaining on Freeview Channel 62.

ITV4 would be a great addition to D3 & D4 due to the sporting events the channel covers. Moving to this new frequency means viewers across the UK can see these sporting events.

It makes sense having ITVBe+1 in the slot between 18.00 - 0.00 as the channel closes at 00.40 for teleshopping or 01.40 if watching on +1 for Teleshopping.

ITV4+1 is better to have overnight as the channel has longer broadcasting than ITVBe the channel normally closes at 02.55 or 03.55 if watching +1 service.
    Forum Member
    If ITV4 moves to D3 & D4 so it is available in more areas of the UK on Freeview Lite, ITV3+1 could move to ITV4 existing 24 hour slot.

ITVBe+1 could move from being on Freeview Channel 72 to 39 replacing The Store. ITVBe+1 could replace ITV3+1 between 18.00 - 0.00

ITV4+1 could replace The Store between 0.00 - 06.00 remaining on Freeview Channel 62.

ITV4 would be a great addition to D3 & D4 due to the sporting events the channel covers. Moving to this new frequency means viewers across the UK can see these sporting events.

It makes sense having ITVBe+1 in the slot between 18.00 - 0.00 as the channel closes at 00.40 for teleshopping or 01.40 if watching on +1 for Teleshopping.

ITV4+1 is better to have overnight as the channel has longer broadcasting than ITVBe the channel normally closes at 02.55 or 03.55 if watching +1 service.

While what you suggest is of course a possibility, I would have thought ITV would use the occasion to terminate their slot on ArqB currently used for ITV4, bringing all their channels onto bandwidth they control (D3&4 is part controlled by ITV; SDN is fully owned by ITV). In addition to there being a slot available on D3&4 for ITV4, there's also enough bandwidth on SDN for one further videostream, which could facilitate a change in the +1 channels.

I doubt ITV would have filled the Freeview EPG with so many part time channels if it didn't have a long term strategy that involves shuffling them to other channel numbers and extending hours. Well, I hope not...
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I right in thinking that before ITV + 1 launched ITV 2 +1 was on D3&4 why wasnt it one of the other itv channels. Also before Digital Switchover did ITV not have more channels on d3&4 but ch5 took one of those slots
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that before ITV + 1 launched ITV 2 +1 was on D3&4 why wasnt it one of the other itv channels. Also before Digital Switchover did ITV not have more channels on d3&4 but ch5 took one of those slots
    ITV had ITV 1-4 on D3&4 in 2009, before C5 was moved to D3&4 from SDN. C5 swapped with ITV3. ITV4 swapped with ITV2+1, which was moved from ArqB (the former Men & Motors and ITV Play slot). ITV had wanted to launch ITV+1 in Autumn 2009, and would have meant that ITV2+1 wouldn't have appeared on D3&4. Plans for ITV+1 were abandoned within weeks of the service go live date due to legal issues relating to Contracts Rights Renewal. ITV+1 finally launched in 2011. By then ITV2+1 had found a home on SDN, initially part time before going full time again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    ITV had ITV 1-4 on D3&4 in 2009, before C5 was moved to D3&4 from SDN. C5 swapped with ITV3. ITV4 swapped with ITV2+1, which was moved from ArqB (the former Men & Motors and ITV Play slot). ITV had wanted to launch ITV+1 in Autumn 2009, and would have meant that ITV2+1 wouldn't have appeared on D3&4. Plans for ITV+1 were abandoned within weeks of the service go live date due to legal issues relating to Contracts Rights Renewal. ITV+1 finally launched in 2011. By then ITV2+1 had found a home on SDN, initially part time before going full time again.

In other words a p--s up in a brewery
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have managed to add this to my Xtrend ET8000 but does anyone know the SID (the ID number of the channel - in the same way as Channel 4 is 8384?
    I just have

VPID 2001
    APID 2002 and 2003

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    I have managed to add this to my Xtrend ET8000 but does anyone know the SID (the ID number of the channel - in the same way as Channel 4 is 8384?
    I just have VPID 2001 APID 2002 and 2003

2001, 2002 and 2003 are still present for me. I'm not sure they'll have a service ID until the streams actually come into service, though I could be wrong. ITV4 does have a SID in the SDT but that is the running service on ARQB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks

Is there a second hidden "ITV4+1 as well and if so where? Or, are they just going to extend hours on existing PIDs on the mux in question and what will happen to the roulette after 0100 and the teleshoping after 0400 each night?
    Forum Member
    Thanks

Is there a second hidden "ITV4+1 as well and if so where? Or, are they just going to extend hours on existing PIDs on the mux in question and what will happen to the roulette after 0100 and the teleshoping after 0400 each night?

ITV4+1 is on the SDN multiplex. As ITV3+1 is extending its hours from 25/08/2015, it is currently unclear if ITV4+1 will remain, as currently CITV, ITV3+1, The Store and ITV4+1 take a 24 hour slot between them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I meant ITV3+1 which is extending. The channels which would have to move is either that or The Store and ITV4+1. Are there any hidden slots for these two and if so where? I assume that after the changes it will be CITV daytime and ITV3+1 for the other twelve hours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just have

VPID 2001
    APID 2002 and 2003

Thanks.

There isn't a SID at the moment, an ITV4 PMT doesn't exist on D3&4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I meant ITV3+1 which is extending. The channels which would have to move is either that or The Store and ITV4+1. Are there any hidden slots for these two and if so where? I assume that after the changes it will be CITV daytime and ITV3+1 for the other twelve hours.

They will either surrender the existing capacity used by ITV4 on COM6 to save money, or keep the COM6 slot, Rearranging some of their +1 channels between COM6 and the COM4 CITV capacity share. There's little point in speculating, we'll find out soon enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have now realised that yes I can get that hidden stream on D3&4 but it is just pure co-incidence.

My Enigma box cannot do a blind scan but I wondered what equipment are you using to see this stream? Is it a USB stick receiver?

Either way, are you saying this has blind scan on it - is that why you were able to get it?

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have now realised that yes I can get that hidden stream on D3&4 but it is just pure co-incidence.

My Enigma box cannot do a blind scan but I wondered what equipment are you using to see this stream? Is it a USB stick receiver?

Either way, are you saying this has blind scan on it - is that why you were able to get it?

Thanks

As the streams aren't defined in a PMT, they are known as ghost streams. With a USB DVB-T / DVB-T2 receiver, there's a few software options available to view the transport stream of an individual multiplex. Some of these programs can preview the ghost stream either internally or by linking to an external program.

Manual channels can be configured in various DVB viewing software packages to view the ghost services using details found by examining the transport stream. As always, software choices vary and depend on the computer operating system in use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The changes to make ITV4 visible are starting to happen. A PMT has just appeared at 2000 on the Winter Hill version of D3&4.