Options

Boxing

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Golovkin is something else. He might have to move up to super middle if people keep avoiding him. I wouldn't pay box office for many fights but Froch v GGG in the UK I would.

He cruised past Macklin last night ..Lots more to come from him
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see Martinez lasting very long vs GGG.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Lord Matthyse vs Garcia is on the undercard of Canelo vs FMJ.

That is PPV worthy alone, can't wait to see Garcia get KO'd :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up for a documentary on BBC 3 tonight at 10.00 p m

My Dad and Me by Rachel Bruno

Just heard a feature on this on Radio 5 (Tony Livesey and not Victiria)

Sounds like it should be an interesting watch

It's 10 years since he was sectioned under the mental health act suffering from bi- polar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Just a heads up for a documentary on BBC 3 tonight at 10.00 p m

My Dad and Me by Rachel Bruno

r

Sorry, it's tomorrow evening (Wednesday)
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Sorry, it's tomorrow evening (Wednesday)

You were right originally, it's on now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    You were right originally, it's on now :D

That's what happens when you phone home to get them to record it ......:)
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Lord Matthyse vs Garcia is on the undercard of Canelo vs FMJ.

That is PPV worthy alone, can't wait to see Garcia get KO'd :cool::cool::cool:

What a mouthwatering bill that is.

I normally boycott PPVs, but I think I'm going to have make an exception for this one.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a bad move for Froch and I think he's going to be out pointed in a bit of a snooze fest.

He's got plenty of time to lose to a young English fighter, and make a buck. I think he's taken it too soon, the money would have always been there.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    I think it's a bad move for Froch and I think he's going to be out pointed in a bit of a snooze fest.

He's got plenty of time to lose to a young English fighter, and make a buck. I think he's taken it too soon, the money would have always been there.

I don't get the BIB.

Froch is the champion & Groves is the challenger & 19 fight novice, so surely, if anyone is taking the fight too soon, it is Groves?

Groves is now the mandatory challenger, so Froch would have no option but to fight him, otherwise he could be stripped of one of his belts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Figueroa vs Arakawa, a boss fight. Definitely going in my collection :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    anyone watching boxnation right now?
    Wilder vs Liakovich event.

Wilder was the guy that blasted audrey harrison within a rd.
    Liakovich is a step up, but still its another mismatch. Wilder should get through him.
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else watch the Ringside specials? They had Nigel Benn on last week and Chris Eubank this week. It was Brilliant listening to these legends talk about their careers and talking about their highs and lows.

For me that era with the likes of Eubank, Benn, Watson, Sugarboy Malinga and Collins was the best. I grew up watching these guys on ITV and it bought back a lot of memories.
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Golovkin is something else. He might have to move up to super middle if people keep avoiding him. I wouldn't pay box office for many fights but Froch v GGG in the UK I would.

Golovkin is a monster. A real old school slugger especially the way carries himself in the ring, slightly reminiscent of Rocky Marciano in that manner. Aside from his crowd pleasing "Ouch, that's got to hurt" style of boxing, he also comes across as the nicest man in the world.

Peter Quillin vs GGG and GGG vs Martinez are good fights that come with the added bonus of a belt.

Froch is no push over and carries light heavy if not full blown heavyweight power. I would like to see GGG in either of the fights I've mentioned before passing judgement on a Froch fight. Great fight as you say.
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martinez v Golovkin needs to be made really, although I think it would just confirm what pretty much everyone already thinks - that Martinez is going downhill now and Golovkin is the best middleweight around at the moment.

Speaking of punchers with reputations, Cleverly fights Kovalev tomorrow. I've only seen Kovalev once, when he battered Campillo; he's clearly got power, Campillo wanted nothing to do with him after eating a couple, but I reckon Cleverly will be too busy for him. It's a risky fight though on paper, particularly as Cleverly's method of defence seems to be to get punched and then make out like it didn't bother him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the way, if anyone's thinking about subscribing to Boxnation, at the moment you can use the code TVOFFER1 to bypass the £10 registration fee. It's a rolling montly contract, so basically for £10 you'll get Cleverly v Kovalev (Smith v Buckland and Enzo v Ovill on the undercard), the German card next week (Braehmer, Abraham, Pulev v Thompson), Huck v Arslan rematch, and then the small matter of Mayweather v Alvarez, and Matthysse v Garcia on the undercard. Seems a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great prediction by me hahah, Kovalev smashes Cleverly in 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warren must be feeling sick. Not alot changes for Cleverley really, his career has gone nowhere for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May not have helped him tonight but Cleverly needs to get rid of his dad as his trainer for starters. He's got where he is in spite of him not because of him. I've never heard or seen such terrible corner work, capped off tonight by sending him out for the 4th when he was clearly gone. That's your son ffs, against a murderous puncher.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, Cleverly, is another example of all that's wrong with modern day Boxing.

An OK, British/Euro level fighter parading as a 'world champ' due to the farce of all the alphabet belts that are around.

The fact that i didn't even know this fight was taking place tonight, shows how far Boxing has declined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    Sadly, Cleverly, is another example of all that's wrong with modern day Boxing.

An OK, British/Euro level fighter parading as a 'world champ' due to the farce of all the alphabet belts that are around.

The fact that i didn't even know this fight was taking place tonight, shows how far Boxing has declined.

You didn't know it was on tonight thanks to Frank Warren and BoxNation. If it was on SS you would have heard about it for sure.

What time does Barker vs Geale start?
  • Options
    Mr ApplebeeMr Applebee Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Think its safe to say clev got well exposed last night. Thats what happens when you get gifted a world title and defend it against lower tier oppostion for two years and then expect to just suddenly step it up against genuine world class opponents.

Alot of people are talking as if kovalevs power was the deciding factor, he was boxing clevs head off regardless.

Made up for darren barker, i bet geale wishes he'd have gone for that martinez payday now. Great little night of boxing last night. Terry o connor up to his usual tricks though, lol, never ceases to amaze me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barker did a really good job.

The BBC article on the fight though is absolutely appalling.