Would 'Mr Right' by Leona become another Christmas hit next year?

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
Forum Member
✭✭
So now that One More Sleep is proving to be a Christmas hit, having now spent two weeks at 3 on the official charts, should Leona release Mr Right (another original) next year and see if she can get another Christmas hit?

I personally think it is a great song, and very catchy, so I think it would be worth a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6uBAWnXgg

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    LOVE it!

Prefer One More Sleep personally, but Mr Right is amazing too :D
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a great song. I wouldn't be against her pushing Your Hallelujah either. It's fantastic. Her original tracks are definitely the standouts from her album
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like "Mr Right" better than "One More Sleep".

It's much catchier and more memorable. I'm surprised she didn't release that one instead, to be honest.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I like "Mr Right" better than "One More Sleep".

It's much catchier and more memorable. I'm surprised she didn't release that one instead, to be honest.

Agreed
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she releases it with good promotion I don't see why any of her Christmas songs would fail to be a hit
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona should become an exclusive Xmas artist....at least she is guaranteed a hit that way.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so. It makes sense to try and push the album it's so much better than most xmas albums. I agree that the original songs are amazing, although Your Hallejuhah doesn't seem to be that popular.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I hope so. It makes sense to try and push the album it's so much better than most xmas albums. I agree that the original songs are amazing, although Your Hallejuhah doesn't seem to be that popular.

I love Your Hallelujah, but I don't think it would make a good single, I don't think it would get great radio support.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is trouble counted as a hit?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    So is trouble counted as a hit?

What has Trouble got to do with anything?