Cheryl lands 4th number 1 single - ties with chart record.

2»

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Yes, this is just a statistic but people are obsessed with stats here, and if it's just a chart and not a measure of quality. It's like they are all being fans of something that is not worth listening to?!?! Figure that?

i actually like the track and bought it on itunes, but i will be the first to admit, i was underwhelmed with it at first.

well its not rocket science is it really, now is it? people buy tracks they like and the tracks chart accordingly. you have mentioned countless female artists, both past and present that are more deserving of this statistic than cheryl. so that clearly indicates to me that the chart has always been based on what is most popular on any given week and not necessarily based on quality or levels of talent. surely based on the older artists you brought into the discussion, you can see that this is not a new phenomenon?
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Oh and Madonna can sing, play a bit too and write. Different league from Cheryl Cole.

i never suggested madonna couldn't, but at least we are agreed on something.:D
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    3 Words was a hit too, her biggest in Australia, where it climbed to a peak of 5. The only two singles that didn't do well were, The Flood and Under The Sun, though UTS hung around the charts for a while, just didn't particularly reach a high peak.

I think 3/4 albums in five years is quite a fair bit, yeah you would think she would have released more singles, but circumstances prevented that. Messy Little Raindrops ended after the poor performance of the second single, plus apparently she decided to move on so she could concentrate on X Factor USA move. A Million Lights should have had more singles, it had other hits, but Girls Aloud reunited in the middle of it, she did announce a third single, but it was decided they would focus their efforts on Girls Aloud with the plan to go back to the album once the tour was over, but that took months and by then she said she just felt it time to take a break, plus people had moved on by then.

thank you dave.:) this saves me replying to that post, because i totally agree with your objective and factual response.:)