So who has attended some auditions?

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm just interested to hear opinions from people who have been to one or more of the arena auditions.

So what was your opinion on the talent and the judges? What catagory looks strong to you? And were you left impressed by the judging panel?

Comments

• seejay01462seejay01462 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I went to yesterday afternoon's audition. They were all pretty good but no-one really stood out for me apart from a lady by the name of Lola (I think it was) from Newcastle. A fantastic voice but very nervous to the point of tears before she'd even started. Burst into tears again when she'd finished, poor thing. It seemed to be mostly boys, girls, a couple of overs and a couple of groups so couldn't really say what would be the strongest. The new judging panel seemed to work well. Although I can't stand Mel B she didn't come across too scary. Going back next Sunday for bootcamp :)
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Went to the very first afternoons session.

No category in particular stood out, there were a lot of talented Girls but some where too similar and they didn't receive anywhere near as warm as a reception as the Boys.

There was a very talented Over (just) who Simon said was "the one to beat".

So on the whole I think the talent was better.

As for the judging panel, I thought it worked well. Simon and Cheryl talked a LOT more than Mel and Louis, and they were winding eachother up at times which was funny. Cheryl and Mel seemed to get along well and Louis fused with everyone. Cheryl seemed fine with him, calling him "Loulou" :)

I have heard from friends that Mel was too nasty blah blah blah but in my opinion she wasn't (in this session anyway) and I thought she did great.
  • bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the afternoon session today. Apart from the fact Simon didnt turn up till the second half,the panel were great. Cheryl and Simon had great chemistry and were geuninely hilarious. Mel B was far too harsh in my opinion and i didnt warm to her much. She also left after the first half to go to amercia. There were two "joke acts" in my audition one including two sisters who were very very annoying however Cheryl and Louis put them through much to the outrage of everyone else (the crowd went crazy). Another joke act imperssonated Cheryl and absolutely hilarious. An italian man was partically impressive and everyone was on their feet,he was amazing! There was a girl in the first half who sung one song and was very quirky,funny and had a great voice and even though the crowd chanted "let her sing" as she requested to sing another song,the judges said no. This annoyed me as they asked about 80% of the auditionees to sing two/three songs even though some of them were far worse. No group in particular stoof out,guys seemed very samey and groups were one directiom esque ripoffs. Girls were probably the strongest. One girl they invited back after already having an "unfair audition" earlier in the week. However she sung her first song and then her second and neither were good enough for the judges and they completely slated her whilst most of the crowd shouted off,this was really uncomfortable and i felt really sorry for her considering she was only 16. Alot of people were shouting at simon saying they had set her up however she did end up getting through. In reflection i had a brillant day and manged to.meet a few of the acts after too. I havent watched the show since matt cardle won but i enjoyed it more than the edited show. I definitely understood better how they show was edited and produced and think it would be better if they toned it down cause it was a great experience live. I'll probably try and watch this year and hopefully get a few more tickets. Fabulous
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    bb2011fan wrote: »
    I went to the afternoon session today. Apart from the fact Simon didnt turn up till the second half,the panel were great. Cheryl and Simon had great chemistry and were geuninely hilarious. Mel B was far too harsh in my opinion and i didnt warm to her much. She also left after the first half to go to amercia. There were two "joke acts" in my audition one including two sisters who were very very annoying however Cheryl and Louis put them through much to the outrage of everyone else (the crowd went crazy). Another joke act imperssonated Cheryl and absolutely hilarious. An italian man was partically impressive and everyone was on their feet,he was amazing! There was a girl in the first half who sung one song and was very quirky,funny and had a great voice and even though the crowd chanted "let her sing" as she requested to sing another song,the judges said no. This annoyed me as they asked about 80% of the auditionees to sing two/three songs even though some of them were far worse. No group in particular stoof out,guys seemed very samey and groups were one directiom esque ripoffs. Girls were probably the strongest. One girl they invited back after already having an "unfair audition" earlier in the week. However she sung her first song and then her second and neither were good enough for the judges and they completely slated her whilst most of the crowd shouted off,this was really uncomfortable and i felt really sorry for her considering she was only 16. Alot of people were shouting at simon saying they had set her up however she did end up getting through. In reflection i had a brillant day and manged to.meet a few of the acts after too. I havent watched the show since matt cardle won but i enjoyed it more than the edited show. I definitely understood better how they show was edited and produced and think it would be better if they toned it down cause it was a great experience live. I'll probably try and watch this year and hopefully get a few more tickets. Fabulous

Haha you kind of summed up what I think of the show

I always get annoyed when they let crap through with a 2nd song but a good singer doesn't get the same oppourtunity

I still say they have their winner picked before these round of auditions even begins
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    Just got tickets for Boot camp on Saturday! Can't wait :D
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear your experiences, nice to know that the judging panel seems to be working well together and that the talent seems ok so far.

I really wish I could attend one the arena shows, but its just not possible for me at the minute which is a little annoying.
    Forum Member
    Gah the person who I was planning to go with on Saturday can not make it so I now have 2 spare tickets for Bootcamp on Saturday at 1pm.

As the ticket is in my name (3 in total), I guess this means we would have to queue up together but if you and a friend don't mind doing so, you are more then welcome to. Just drop me a message if interested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I' ve got a ticket for Sunday!!!! I'm goin on my own though so the queing bits gonna be sooo boring gaaahhh
    Forum Member
    I' ve got a ticket for Sunday!!!! I'm goin on my own though so the queing bits gonna be sooo boring gaaahhh

Me too now! Feel free to join me for Saturday's session if you like! My ticket is valid for 3 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Kargo wrote: »
    Me too now! Feel free to join me for Saturday's session if you like! My ticket is valid for 3 :D

Cool I have sent you a PM!!
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people describing Mel B as nasty, is she more nasty than Simon?
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    A lot of people describing Mel B as nasty, is she more nasty than Simon?

She's not nasty, she's honest. She's like the old Simon before he softened. She was fantastic in my opinion, and was speaking what I'm sure were the unspoken words of many ;) Favourite judge from the session, definitely. Cheryl is very, surprisingly, insightful though - She was on point.
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long does this bootcamp go on for? How many more sessions?
    Anyone know if that Towie girl go through and if so how she did.
    That would be strange having a reality star do X factor. they normally go for the Voice.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Monday's afternoon show at Wembley, they said no to some really good vocalists, and put through some questionable acts. If they were young, male and pretty they tended to go through..

I'm off to bootcamp Sunday at 4 as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I thought the boys were really strong this year.

I thought the likes of Paul and the Italian guy were really strong.

The Irish guy was a joke.

I didn't agree with Simon saying the mixed race guy (Jordan) audition was horrendous. It was clear he was nervous. The amount of pressure must have been intense.

I found his Youtube and I really like him, hope he reapplied next year or something comes up for him.

Youtube.com/jordanpasstv
    Twitter.come/deffstarr

The people I tip for the final are the Italian guy, Paul or maybe Jay James.