Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love Live - Stripped Back

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
Forum Member
✭✭
Cheryl has released another acoustic performance, this time of Crazy Stupid Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ppbKwWnOqU

Comments

• RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowt acoustic about that set up....>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it's nice that she's confident enough, but she needn't bother.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is that accoustic when they are playing electric guitars and an electronic keyboard?????????
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would label this "stripped back" rather than acoustic.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DREADFUL! Why is she showing herself up like this?! And theres nothing about these performances thats stripped back/acoustic etc all still studio tweaked!
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well let me be the first to break the strip of hate on this post to say I rather enjoyed that. Very different from the original, I pictured myself at a jazz club listening to that :).
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just know those backing singers are thinking where's the justice in this world.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    Nowt acoustic about that set up....>:(

Indeed. The backing singers and musicians do the real work. Cheryl just proves, once again, that she can't sing at all.

The black and white video made me laugh. So painfully 1990s and a pretty sad, desperate attempt at trying to be mature and artsy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well let me be the first to break the strip of hate

Since when is criticism automatically hate?

If you enjoyed it, fair enough, but I can't bear people who throw out accusastions of hatred just because people are expressing a dislike for something. It's so playground level.
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a no from me
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds rough so god knows what it sounded like in the actual studio. The band must be commended on their good acting.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Since when is criticism automatically hate?

If you enjoyed it, fair enough, but I can't bear people who throw out accusastions of hatred just because people are expressing a dislike for something. It's so playground level.

Woah, what nerve did I hit there?

Maybe hate was a tad exaggerated, but my point wasn't to accuse anyone of hatred, it was merely to say that I'm gonna be the first to have an opposite opinion from the rest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, what nerve did I hit there?

Maybe hate was a tad exaggerated, but my point wasn't to accuse anyone of hatred, it was merely to say that I'm gonna be the first to have an opposite opinion from the rest.

No nerve hit here, I just can't stand it when people use the word "hate" like that because to me it's usually a sign of trying to get any sort of critical discussion shut down.

I'm sorry if your comment was innocent, but it really didn't seem so at the time.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here's the so-called 'Cheryl-lite' singing acoustic, and completely unedited, do we think she's worse, or better?

http://youtu.be/mNLKOvKlCYs?t=35s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    And here's the so-called 'Cheryl-lite' singing acoustic, and completely unedited, do we think she's worse, or better?

http://youtu.be/mNLKOvKlCYs?t=35s

I've come to respect Cher Llloyd a lot more since she grew up and admitted what a horror she was on the show, and since she started singing songs like Sirens, and Human, which I thnk are great and deserved more success.

I think this is a brilliant cover and it puts Cheryl's so-called "accostic" session to shame. Good for Cher, I wish her well and don't understand the vile abuse she continues to recieve from people who can't let go of the past even though she's clearly matured and moved on.