Message to the ECB

Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are you happy about seeing a test match between the top two teams in the world receive next to zero coverage on TV news bulletins and inewspapers? Really?:confused:

IMO they should never schedule a test match in this country when an Olympics take place in a European time zone. No one is showing this test match in pubs.

Comments

• Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I've only seen about 2 hours of yesterday's play and I'm usually an avid watcher. I agree it's not been on anywhere at all and the ECB have planned this badly IMHO.
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in Yorkshire and have to honest I forgot this match was been played this weekend.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bad enough to only have a 3 test series anyway.
    But to throw one away by scheduling it during the Olympics is just bonkers.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the news on BBC last night after the evening's Olympic coverage had finished, and the Cricket wasn't even mentioned once in the 20 minute program, despite KP playing one of the best innings by an England player for some time.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm listening to TMS now because there's not much on at the Olympics...............but of course there's no play in the cricket.............:D

I haven't watched much of this match at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    It's bad enough to only have a 3 test series anyway.

This whole summer should've been scheduled better. Why we needed 3 tests against a terrible windies side when we could've had 1 more against SA I don't know. The 5 ODI's against the Aussies could've been held during The Olympics even though it would've meant playing them all outside the capital.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    This whole summer should've been scheduled better. Why we needed 3 tests against a terrible windies side when we could've had 1 more against SA I don't know. The 5 ODI's against the Aussies could've been held during The Olympics even though it would've meant playing them all outside the capital.

But that would have meant Lords missing out, and we all know that that just won't do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    But that would have meant Lords missing out, and we all know that that just won't do.

Even as a Londoner I feel that this is a one off occasion and for once common sense should've prevailed.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far this series hasn't caught my imagination because England don't appear to have a cat in hells chance of winning a match on what we've seen so far..............
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »

I would have scheduled the South African series as a 5 test series in May and June. Bangladesh could have played a short 2 test series during the Olympics and the one day games against South Africa would be played in late August and early September.

WI could have toured here in place of Bangladesh back in 2010.

Something like this

May 17-21 - 1st test v South Africa
    May 25-29 - 2nd test v South Africa
    June 7-11 - 3rd test v South Africa
    June 21-25 - 4th test v South Africa
    July 5-9 - 5th test v South Africa

July 13 - T20 v Bangladesh

July 16, 19, 21 - ODI's v Bangladesh

July 26-30 - 1st Test v Bangladesh
    August 10-14 - 2nd Test v Bangladesh

August 21, 24, 27, 30, September 2 - ODI's v South Africa

September 6, 9, 12 - T20's v South Africa.
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »

They shouldn't have brought Australia over for a stand-alone ODI series when there are already two touring sides coming this summer.
    I would have scheduled the South African series as a 5 test series in May and June. Bangladesh could have played a short 2 test series during the Olympics and the one day games against South Africa would be played in late August and early September.

No international cricket should be played during the Olympics period. I thought there was an IOC ruling stating that no international sporting contest is to take place in a country which is hosting the Olympics?
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No international cricket should be played during the Olympics period. I thought there was an IOC ruling stating that no international sporting contest is to take place in a country which is hosting the Olympics?

Does it only apply to Olympic sports?
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who would want to host Bangladesh at the same time as the Olympics though. If a test featuring the top 2 teams in the World gets lost in the whole Olympic moment then what chance would a Bangladesh game have in terms of selling tickets.