Options

Tennant Knows Nothing About 50th

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I posted about this in the 50th thread - it was a bit more equivocal than the article suggests.

Paraphrasing:
    Ross: have you spoken to anybody and been asked to keep any dates free in your diary, or asked about your availability this year?
    Tennant: I haven't spoken to anybody at the BBC about my availability this year
    Ross: Has anybody who represents you, had any conversations with anybody at the BBC, maybe suggesting you should keep some dates free for holidays, maybe a trip to Wales?
    Tennant: I don't know if I'm going to Wales.
    Ross: So you're gonna film it in London?
    Tennant laughs and doesn't respond.

I thought the answers seemed really careful. I don't think it really reveals anything about whether or not he's going to appear, but the considered responses, and the presence of the BBC representative in his dressing room demonstrate how seriously the beeb are taking it all. To the point of gagging David even though he doesn't know anything!

Based on that response, his agent could have been approached and agreed to his involvement with filming set for somewhere other than Wales.

Nothing he said contradicts that :)
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people always blink when they lie... ;)

"don't even blink..." agh, david, you blinked at evey vital white lie... ha ha
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Tennant is friends with Moffat and had dinner with him recently in which Moffat has said they chatted about the show, he's lying, and if he's lying about even knowing about it, then it's only logical to assume he's lying about not being involved ;). If anyone's involved, he is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant.

Well, I most certainly have not been asked (I worked at the BBC for 3 years)
    Absolutely..... nothing gets past the mail room, or the mail room sorting clerks, even when on an Unpaid Internship.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »

Alpha Centauri: Whisky (with a cheer for Granny)

I'll cheer, too, if that happens. :D
  • Options
    krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    This is more like it. I'm going to be playing a drinking game of a swig of fizz each time a past character or monster appears in the special. I'll have several bottles ready:

Original actor: Champagne.
    Stand in actor: Cava.
    CGI character: English sparkling.
    Flashback clip: Vouvray
    Photo or drawing: Prosecco
    Old monster revived for first time: Cider.
    Daleks, cybermen etc: Newcastle Brown

This sounds great! Really, I'm hoping for as many Doctors/companions/flashbacks/references as possible - it'll be a great night! :)
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy Piper said something on the Graham Norton Show last night. She said she wasn't in a 50th special, if I heard correctly (I was compiling a new playlist at the time and was wearing headphones).
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bugloss wrote: »
    all we want is Matt to say he hasn't been asked, and we'll have the full set
    it's official. the 50th anniversary will have nobody in it at all, whatsoever

:D:D:D:D:p Great post. By the way, I haven't been asked about appearing in the 50th anniversary...yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    It's a snow job, he knows something and his body language betrayed him.
    Ergo expect David Tenant to be part of the 50th anniversary special,
    try as he might his body said [I am hiding something] I am lying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tennant's back. The Jonathan Ross interview makes that clear (especially at the end where Jonathan mentions he'll be back on Doctor Who soon and David says "well.. I never said that" to which Jonathan says he never denied it either and David just smiles).

The classic Doctor's aren't. They are doing a Big Finish multi-doctor story. The BBC wouldn't let them do this if they were planning to aswell.

I really don't think they'd just bring David back so maybe they have persuaded Chris and its going to be 9, 10 and 11.

Such a shame they haven't brought the classic Doctors back but thrilled if 9 and 10 are going to be back.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    None of us know for certain that the Classic Series Doctors aren't in the 50th. We know they're doing an audio but that still doesn't rule any/all of them for the actual televised event itself.
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    bugloss wrote: »
    all we want is Matt to say he hasn't been asked, and we'll have the full set
    it's official. the 50th anniversary will have nobody in it at all, whatsoever

Oh yes!!! That would be perfect! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Tennant's back. The Jonathan Ross interview makes that clear (especially at the end where Jonathan mentions he'll be back on Doctor Who soon and David says "well.. I never said that" to which Jonathan says he never denied it either and David just smiles).

The classic Doctor's aren't. They are doing a Big Finish multi-doctor story. The BBC wouldn't let them do this if they were planning to aswell.

I really don't think they'd just bring David back so maybe they have persuaded Chris and its going to be 9, 10 and 11.

Such a shame they haven't brought the classic Doctors back but thrilled if 9 and 10 are going to be back.

I suspect what you've said will happen

4/5/6/7/8 on audio

9/10/11 on TV, but with some sort of 'nod' to the others

Probably will feel good. Maybe visually the other 5 would look a bit daft now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sohoguy wrote: »
    I suspect what you've said will happen

4/5/6/7/8 on audio

9/10/11 on TV, but with some sort of 'nod' to the others

Probably will feel good. Maybe visually the other 5 would look a bit daft now

If this is the case though, I bet David's gutted! As a fan, he would of loved to do an episode with all the Doctor's!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There'll be a 10th Doctor audio as part of the whole Destiny Of The Doctors things with BF and Audio Go this year. It's called Death's Deal and written by Darren Jones. I don't know who the companion for that one will be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Was obvious to me David knows something or is involved in some way. At the end I think Ross said something like " good luck with filming the 50th later on in the year" and Tennant was way to quick to reply " Ok but that was definitely you that said that, not me"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, he's in it alright.

But I hope there are other former Doctors as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I think it will only be Dctors 9.10 and 11 together for an adventre. it's a real shame that Paul mcGann wont get a look in. He's the"George Lazenby" of the the Doctors unfortunitly.In a strange way I think if was given the chance he'd shine better than all the other recent Docs.
  • Options
    bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think McGann will be involved.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is more like it. I'm going to be playing a drinking game of a swig of fizz each time a past character or monster appears in the special. I'll have several bottles ready:

Original actor: Champagne.
    Stand in actor: Cava.
    CGI character: English sparkling.
    Flashback clip: Vouvray
    Photo or drawing: Prosecco
    Old monster revived for first time: Cider.
    Daleks, cybermen etc: Newcastle Brown

someone could quite well be sozzled :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)I dont belive either billie or david ax