Leona Lewis - Christmas, With Love - Out Now!

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
Forum Member
✭✭
So Leona's album 'Christmas, With Love' was released today and is currently at 13 on UK itunes, which I am really pleased about, I never expected it to get as high as that due to radio only starting to play the song in the last two or three days.

Though I suspect it will stall eventually due to promo not kicking off until next week.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/christmas-with-love/id731437243

What are your thoughts on it? I personally love all three new songs and overall think it is a great Christmas album.

Comments

• paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone buy this, its an amazing feel good Christmas album! :D
    The real promo doesn't begin until next week so I don't expect it to really peak until then either.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine should arrive today! Haven't heard anything yet.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's #10 without any TV promotion, slay a bit Leona! She charted higher than James and Rebecca who had their XF performance yesterday
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #8 on itunes without any big promo's while Rebecca and James had x-factor performances last night is pretty good. I expect a top 10 entry, and perhaps with x-factor next week, she will move up
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    She's #10 without any TV promotion, slay a bit Leona! She charted higher than James and Rebecca who had their XF performance yesterday
    James Album has been out for a while so can't really compare but it's good it's higher than Rebecca's so far :) .
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really great album! Listening to it for a second time now. Her song she wrote 'Your Hallelujah' is lovely too. I really love 'Ave Maria' though. Hope she performs that on Sunday
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am surprised at how well it is doing without any major promo, and radio play only starting a few days ago.

It is now at 6 on itunes.

It's getting good reviews too,

Yahoo calls it a 'modern festive classic'.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/leona-lewis-produces-modern-festive-classic-christmas-love-151200706.html

And All Music says it's 'one of the best modern Christmas albums in memory'.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/christmas-with-love-mw0002590027

I wonder how it is doing with physicals.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this album "Your Hallelujah" is the most beautiful song of the year! :cry::cry::cry: I also love Ava Maria and Silent Night oh and One More Sleep of course.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's lovely. Good production and it sounds like Leona really enjoyed herself singing these songs, which is nice. One More Sleep is a really good original song too (admittedly I'm not keen on Mr. Right) and Ave Maria is breathtakingly beautiful. I love her takes on Winter Wonderland and I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday.

I hope this album does decently for her, it deserves some recognition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album has climbed to 5 on itunes, overtaking Britney and One Direction.

I think her position is amazing considering her own promo so far is Daybreak a few days before the album release.

Next week she has quite a lot of promo, so it should sell a lot more.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    The album has climbed to 5 on itunes, overtaking Britney and One Direction.

I think her position is amazing considering her own promo so far is Daybreak a few days before the album release.

Next week she has quite a lot of promo, so it should sell a lot more.

This is great news! It's a much better album than Britney's piece of rubbish, and although I like One Direction's new album it's always refreshing to see someone diffeent at the top (even if they too are another X Factor act!).

Good for Leona. I hope this inspires her to not leave it so long between albums and to come out into the public eye a bit more. She's not on TV/the radio enough.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there such a focus on the iTunes chart in this thread? The official chart's midweek update is out, and things aren't looking good.
  • WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    Why is there such a focus on the iTunes chart in this thread? The official chart's midweek update is out, and things aren't looking good.

Remember it's not likely to peak until a couple of weeks time. I'm sure it will be higher after promotion has begun properly next week.
  • ThisOddKidThisOddKid Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Leona's currently at number 17 on the midweek chart and likely won't climb any higher. What do you think is the reason? Do you think people will leave it until nearer to Christmas to start buying festive albums? Or do you think the greater public just isn't keen on a Christmas covers album from Leona?

It's a shame because some of these songs really showcase her superb voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    ThisOddKid wrote: »
    Leona's currently at number 17 on the midweek chart and likely won't climb any higher. What do you think is the reason? Do you think people will leave it until nearer to Christmas to start buying festive albums? Or do you think the greater public just isn't keen on a Christmas covers album from Leona?

Mostly because she's currently in New York promoting the album and will start UK promotion Sunday onwards (as well as airplay building up next week). She has only done one tv show in the UK so far (Daybreak).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ThisOddKid wrote: »

It is because majority of the public don't know she has an album out. Radio play of the single only started last week, and she has only done one tv performance on Daybreak, a poorly rated show.

She starts proper promo next week in the UK and it should rise up the charts.

The album has climbed to 26 in the US now.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Leona will chart in the top ten and will sell better than Glassheart. Her promo has only just started I think her x factor performance will help it rise.
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate her voice but al least it's a new xmas song for a change.