Leona, Joe and Shayne perform together for Text Santa.

Comments

• CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like olly alot. I enjoy his music and he's got amazing charisma. Imo the best male vocalist on the x factor was matt cardle. Leona is still the best female singer they've had.

I adore Matt Cardle, but unfortunately he was not on Text Santa.

Tone is down to personal taste, but imo, and suggest you check the opinion of the likes of Rollando Villazon, Joe is technically the best male vocalist that is a winner from XF.

All the charisma in the world wouldn't turn me onto an out of tune singer.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    I adore Matt Cardle, but unfortunately he was not on Text Santa.

Tone is down to personal taste, but imo, and suggest you check the opinion of the likes of Rollando Villazon, Joe is technically the best male vocalist that is a winner from XF.

All the charisma in the world wouldn't turn me onto an out of tune singer.

Fair enough. I just don't think that joe is particularly memorable despite his talent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough. I just don't think that joe is particularly memorable despite his talent

Well 4 years on, obviously he is memorable to you, as you can still judge his talent, which you indicate is very apparent. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well 4 years on, obviously he is memorable to you, as you can still judge his talent, which you indicate is very apparent. :D

Lol! Nice work cara. Always adored shayne he had the whole package as Louis would say
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol! Nice work cara. Always adored shayne he had the whole package as Louis would say

Shayne too, one of the better male vocalist winners.

Just listened to Leona's version of Ave Maria for the first time. Beautiful! There is only one male XF winner who could duet with her on that same song and Shane would not have a look in, unfortunately.

Here is Joe singing with Rollando - a world-class tenor. After White Christmas was ruined last night wish there had been more of Ave Maria and this one of my favourite carols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX3CUmOMoW0
  • YorkshireLass7YorkshireLass7 Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha what is it with you and names today CARA? :p

I love Joe singing with Rolando and I love that Rolando believes Joe's voice is good enough for him to train at the conservatoire :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :

I love Joe singing with Rolando and I love that Rolando believes Joe's voice is good enough for him to train at the conservatoire :)

Rolando! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

I read that as Ronaldo and thought they'd became unlikely chums :D. I have had about two hours sleep mind you ^_^
  • LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I love Leona singing Ave Maria and O Holy Night is one of my favourites from Joe's Classic Christmas album. I would absolutely love to hear Joe and Leona sing a classic duet. Heaven. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shayne too, one of the better male vocalist winners.

Just listened to Leona's version of Ave Maria for the first time. Beautiful! There is only one male XF winner who could duet with her on that same song and Shane would not have a look in, unfortunately.

Here is Joe singing with Rollando - a world-class tenor. After White Christmas was ruined last night wish there had been more of Ave Maria and this one of my favourite carols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX3CUmOMoW0

Joe really haa a soulful voice bless him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I love Leona singing Ave Maria and O Holy Night is one of my favourites from Joe's Classic Christmas album. I would absolutely love to hear Joe and Leona sing a classic duet. Heaven. :)

In a year when XF was keen to promote itself following 10 years why on earth didn't they do more with supreme vocals that came out of the show? Leona and Joe have proven themselves to be outstanding and world-class duetting elsewhere with the very best. XF missed an opportunity here with Text Santa.

There was some really tacky performances with popular Christmas songs. Love the trio but more could have been gleaned from such an event. If you really want to break the hearts of the public to get funds at Christmastime play only the best and the most heart rendering. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that as Ronaldo and thought they'd became unlikely chums :D. I have had about two hours sleep mind you ^_^

:D:D:D

Well having seen Joe 'play' at Soccer Six earlier in the year, I think that's very unlikely :D Although he was on the runners up team (much to his surprise LOL) but I think he'll be sticking to winter sports in future :cool:

Sounds like a good party :cool: hope you get to catch up on your sleep soon :)
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She forgot the words at one point, should have had the lads on earlier perhaps.

No, she was doing a dance at that moment ;) Like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmXapkUAxaI
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Shayne and Joe just seemed like pointless backing vocalists. Couldn't hear their voices and Leona was just far superior. It made it blindingly obvious why she is still successful and they aren't. But it was a nice festive performance nonetheless. :kitty:

Well this wasn't necessary Zack.. If Joe is releasing a 5th album and is doing a 50+ tour next year then I think he's successful enough. Successful doesn't equal famous but I doubt he even cares about fame, as long as he can sing. Just like Leona.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shayne and Joe just seemed like pointless backing vocalists. Couldn't hear their voices and Leona was just far superior. It made it blindingly obvious why she is still successful and they aren't. But it was a nice festive performance nonetheless. :kitty:

I get what you mean about them coming across as back up singers, but that's because they only came in at the end, and had no proper solos. I'm pretty sure Leona's mic was louder too. It doesn't "prove" anything. Joe or Shayne could have easily sung the lead. And they definitely weren't pointless, it was a really nice surprise seeing both of them on the TV again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    No, she was doing a dance at that moment ;) Like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmXapkUAxaI

Well this wasn't necessary Zack.. If Joe is releasing a 5th album and is doing a 50+ tour next year then I think he's successful enough. Successful doesn't equal famous but I doubt he even cares about fame, as long as he can sing. Just like Leona.

If I could sing like Leona or Joe I would want a career that was more than just a catchy tune on Radio 1 and the rest of those similar channels. These proper singers can take on vocally challenging songs and produce a thing of beauty that they can leave for generations to enjoy. They are not just a fad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spot on and that's one of the things I love most about these two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

Well having seen Joe 'play' at Soccer Six earlier in the year, I think that's very unlikely :D Although he was on the runners up team (much to his surprise LOL) but I think he'll be sticking to winter sports in future :cool:

Sounds like a good party :cool: hope you get to catch up on your sleep soon :)

You were at Soccer Six too? I was at the Bolton one! Small world :)!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You were at Soccer Six too? I was at the Bolton one! Small world :)!

Yes! Bolton for me too :D It's not my usual sort of thing but it was lots of fun even though it took us a while to defrost afterwards (and that was in May I think?)

After we'd seen Joe play we decided to leave, not realising his team was in the final LOL. We'd just got outside when we heard the news so we ran to the front desk and they took pity on us and let us back in. The steward took us back in but in a very roundabout way, all through the changing rooms and whatever the equivalent of backstage is at a football stadium :) and we saw some interesting sights :blush:

I put some videos up on YT but they're not very good :blush:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvE_6cwZSb4
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree successful doesn't equal famous, nor is it an indication of talent. An artist needs to have honesty and integrity and produce music they believe in not just jumping on the latest trend that appears popular. Cowell is the master of doing this with his acts but the more discerning music buyer who will ensure an artist has longevity can smell a fake a mile off.

Good on Joe getting out there touring and quietly going about his business which well help him build up a loyal fanbase. He may never have massive sales but I doubt that worries him but he will always be around singing at some level because he can sing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    I agree successful doesn't equal famous, nor is it an indication of talent. An artist needs to have honesty and integrity and produce music they believe in not just jumping on the latest trend that appears popular. Cowell is the master of doing this with his acts but the more discerning music buyer who will ensure an artist has longevity can smell a fake a mile off.

Good on Joe getting out there touring and quietly going about his business which well help him build up a loyal fanbase. He may never have massive sales but I doubt that worries him but he will always be around singing at some level because he can sing.

An insightful post and I'm in complete agreement* :)

As you rightly say, and as Soeplepel said above, Joe, like Leona is in this for the singing, not the fame or celebrity.

He said back on X Factor he just loves to sing and in the four years I've been a fan I've never heard him say any different. He's making a good living from something he loves doing and he acknowledges how fortunate he is to be able to do that, because not many people get that opportunity :cool:

* except the bit about sales, Joe may not have massive sales but has sold a lot better than most people think - Classic is not far short of platinum and two other albums went gold :)

Oh dear I seem to be getting a bit gushy which is not like me at all :blush: :kitty:
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    Olly's vocal on text santa really was poor.

Agree about the overload of certain artists and I'll add Gary barlow to that list, especially when it's supposedly done in the name of charity. Having said that leona fans can't argue with her tv coverage this round of promo. I'm just surprised that as a result her album hasn't performed better.

Couldn't last till the end of the show but nice to read Leona was able to sing live for her UK fans, despite her illness, as they don't get too many opportunities

Since you appear to be obsessed with Leona singing live this was pre-recorded before she got really sick. I'm never seen her mime any performance unless there was a really good reason for it.

I guess you can't help yourself to get your little digs in though.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's my opinion so of course it's necessary. When stood next to Leona the other two looked pointless. I'm not going to apologise for how the performance came across to me.
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my opinion so of course it's necessary. When stood next to Leona the other two looked pointless. I'm not going to apologise for how the performance came across to me.

I agree, to me they were bit players in this performance. I think Leona's new management is getting more savvy now, perhaps more ruthless also and arranged it this way, including the lack of Dermot introducing them.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete mess oh dear
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah here we are again. Well happy Christmas to all and especially to the wonderful Joe Shayne and Leona and here's to enjoying more of their fabulous voices in 2014. :D