Leona, Joe and Shayne perform together for Text Santa.

124»

Comments

• outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Will the competition ever end:(
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Well then don't pull up comments and get surprised when you get a comeback.

She was better than them which is why I said that it isn't surprising they aren't successful any more. Something the public seems to agree with considering she is a prominent star and they are not. I'm surprised it was that hard a comment for some people to understand.

Oh deary me. I felt quite sad reading this post. Is this mindset a consequence of 10 years of XF?

Such a shame to be on a thread about 3 winners (all three not losers in any way) who sang so beautifully together for charity.

Don't present facts and figures to prove someone else's selling points. Try listening instead of what some corporate fat cat tells you what to think or do. :D
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Well then don't pull up comments and get surprised when you get a comeback.

She was better than them which is why I said that it isn't surprising they aren't successful any more. Something the public seems to agree with considering she is a prominent star and they are not. I'm surprised it was that hard a comment for some people to understand.

I totally agree, I wish people could distinguish between opinions on artists and personal attacks on them. To me Leona was in quite a different league in terms of stage presence, artistry and talent compared to Joe and especially Shayne Ward.

It's called opinion. I've nothing what so ever against Joe or Shayne but I just don't think they in the same league as Leona

That is all.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    I totally agree, I wish people could distinguish between opinions on artists and personal attacks on them. To me Leona was in quite a different league in terms of stage presence, artistry and talent compared to Joe and especially Shayne Ward.

It's called opinion. I've nothing what so ever against Joe or Shayne but I just don't think they in the same league as Leona

That is all.

Is your opinion based on less than a minute in this clip or have you seen just about everything all three artists have done?
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen Joe live and he puts on a fantastic show. Likewise Shayne was excellent in Rock of Ages. They aren't given enough credit for their work by the media, especially the radio stations.
    I just don't think they in the same league as Leona
    No, they are several leagues higher! :)
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    This thread started so well. As a celebration of three X Factor winners performing together for a good cause. I would just like to add that Matt has performed for the past two years at Hopefield, the animal charity which Leona supports. So they seem to have a good relationship too.

Peace and Love at Christmas. :)

Lovely post and sanity prevails.
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    I agree, to me they were bit players in this performance. I think Leona's new management is getting more savvy now, perhaps more ruthless also and arranged it this way, including the lack of Dermot introducing them.

If her management were so crass as to insist that the other two acts aren't announced then that is bad news for them and for Leona. That would show rank lack of class and grace. I don't think this would have been the case at all. More like ITV just didn't think to put it on Dermot's autocue.
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Christmas albums are a seasonal irrelevance in relation to a regular pop release.

I reckon Album 5 (or 4 of the regular ones) will be a watershed - anything but really decent sales could well, IMO, be curtains for her career, such as it is at present. Certainly it will have to do vastly better than the failure of the last LP and it looks as though far better material needs to surface.

how strange just came to this thread out of curiosity and guess who was on it ! my goodness seems you spend ages commenting on Leona ( does this have hidden meanings ?)
    Are you by any chance a closet Leona fan ? ya can come out ya now we`ll all Understand LOL :D
  • DinosaurusDinosaurus Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    It was Leona's performance, and as an added bonus she bought on joe and shane whom she introduced. Dermot only mentioned Leona because it was her billed to perform!
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to add that when I uploaded the video to YT the title was originally "Leona Lewis featuring Joe Mcelderry and Shayne Ward...." but it was too long according to YT rules, I wasn't trying to discredit Joe or Shayne in the title just incase anyone though that :)