The Sun - Olly in talks to become a judge.

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
Forum Member
✭✭
I haven't read the full story because I am not a subscribed reader, but from the little we can see The Sun are saying Olly is in talks to replace Nicole, and would be on the panel with Simon, Louis and Cheryl if she decides to return.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/5448156/olly-murs-could-replace-nicole-scherzinger-x-factor-judge.html

I don't understand why they won't just get rid of Louis, I like him, but maybe its time for him to go.

Comments

• pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Olly would be goof on the panel. He has a great personality and I think he did well when he helped Gary at judges houses. I don't know if 3 males and 1 female would work though.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I like olly murs but as a judge!! This is just getting worse. Especially for him to replace Nicole. What a travesty of injustice!!:o
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Olly, he's a fun character, but as a judge? I'm not too sure. However, he did do rather well at Gary's judges homes last year. As soon as he got that role, I personally saw it as almost an 'audition' for the main role. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some truth to the article, especially about having three men on the panel. Cheryl seems to have booted off Nicole, and IIRC, Cheryl said that she'd only do it if the other female was Dannii? That's probably not going to happen. I can't imagine Cheryl being overly pleased of the news that Rita could be doing it. She's younger than Cheryl, more successful as a solo artist, and is actually quite a name right right now. So all that leaves is three men. I wouldn't like to have three men on the panel because I think a huge part of The X Factor's panel is about the girls. I don't care at all about it, but the media like to talk about the clothes they're wearing, or if the girls are arguing or whatever. Without two females, I think the show could lose a lot of buzz (which right now, it desperately doesn't need).
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly and Cheryl - I'm out
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Yeh let Olly replace Louis, need something fresh in that seat.

My vote would be for Simon, Cheryl, Mel B & Olly.:D
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if Olly replaced Louis but I don't want three men to be on the panel .
  • gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I like Olly, he's a fun character, but as a judge? I'm not too sure. However, he did do rather well at Gary's judges homes last year. As soon as he got that role, I personally saw it as almost an 'audition' for the main role. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some truth to the article, especially about having three men on the panel. Cheryl seems to have booted off Nicole, and IIRC, Cheryl said that she'd only do it if the other female was Dannii? That's probably not going to happen. I can't imagine Cheryl being overly pleased of the news that Rita could be doing it. She's younger than Cheryl, more successful as a solo artist, and is actually quite a name right right now. So all that leaves is three men. I wouldn't like to have three men on the panel because I think a huge part of The X Factor's panel is about the girls. I don't care at all about it, but the media like to talk about the clothes they're wearing, or if the girls are arguing or whatever. Without two females, I think the show could lose a lot of buzz (which right now, it desperately doesn't need).
    Cheryl and rita are friends so it wouldn't be a problem.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    I think Olly would be goof on the panel. He has a great personality and I think he did well when he helped Gary at judges houses. I don't know if 3 males and 1 female would work though.

Had to smile at your typo :D

If we had Olly I think they would give him the boys to mentor

Then maybe Cheryl the groups, Louis the Overs (back to normal) and Simon the girls
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Typical. So it's all eyes on Cheryl, the only female judge. Wouldn't surprise me if that's one of the terms if she agrees to come back. Can't be overshadowed by Dannii again now can she?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Typical. So it's all eyes on Cheryl, the only female judge. Wouldn't surprise me if that's one of the terms if she agrees to come back. Can't be overshadowed by Dannii again now can she?

Agree with this. She will have to be Queen Bee and can't possibly have any attractive, talented females who may take the shine off of her being centre of the universe
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Olly but he seems too nice to be a judge. I'm also a bit confused how he quit xtra factor to concentrate on his music career but now is coming back as a judge which is even more of a commitment than xtra factor

As for Louis, FFS he really does need to go now. I honestly cant stand the guy anymore
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Dannii has tweeted she's arrived in London,
    Long shot but I'm hoping she will also be coming back
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun - That means it's made up trash and guarantied not to happen

They can report that the sky is blue & fire is hot and I still wouldn't believe them
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    Dannii has tweeted she's arrived in London,
    Long shot but I'm hoping she will also be coming back

I would love Dannii back, what is she actually here for or do we not know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't be a bad move because he's been through the process and had a decent career off the back of it. But on a completely superficial level, if the rest of the show goes pear shaped, with two female judges then the fashion angle generates a lot of headlines.

If they can't get Dannii, it would be nice to see Anastacia return as both seem to be cut from the same cloth. The other alternative would be to throw money at someone like Katy Perry, where a good working relationship with Cheryl is already tried and tested. She probably couldn't commit to it yet though.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I would love Dannii back, what is she actually here for or do we not know?

Apparently meeting Matt and launching Holster shoes. Could be other stuff too, not sure.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agree with this. She will have to be Queen Bee and can't possibly have any attractive, talented females who may take the shine off of her being centre of the universe

I disagree with both these comments with regard to Cheryl not wanting to be overshadowed by Dannii.

Cheryl has been quoted as saying she'd only return to XF if Dannii returns. Dannii mentioned Cheryl in her autobiography, they were friends on the show.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with both these comments with regard to Cheryl not wanting to be overshadowed by Dannii.

Cheryl has been quoted as saying she'd only return to XF if Dannii returns. Dannii mentioned Cheryl in her autobiography, they were friends on the show.

Yup, Cheryl and Dannii were friends. No animosity there at all.