New Leona Lewis music snippet - Incredible - Will 2015 be Leona's year?

Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
Forum Member
✭✭
So Leona finally left Syco earlier this year and signed up to Island Records where she has been given the freedom to create the album that is truly her.

Today we finally go to hear a snippet of it and I personally think this sounds huge.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153836006112619

With promising sounding material, a great new label who believe in her and fantastic new manager, I think Leona coud have her a very successful 2015.

The single is expected to premier in January. What do you think?

Comments

• gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we'll see her have her first majorly successful album campaign since Spirit, with AT LEAST 5 singles and a tour. None of this waiting 8 months or whatever it was between singles and releasing terrible single choices.

Considering this is prettty stripped back at the moment too I'm VERY intrigued to hear how it's gonna sound in full studio HQ with full production :o

Wonder if she'll perform it with a band and her on piano :D
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was like WTF? when I saw that Leona had released a snippet, really didn't expect it, nor did I expect it to sound like that. I think it sounds fantastic. Nice to see Leona being able to apply her musical skills now that she's away from Cowell. If this is the first single, I wouldn't be disappointed. It sounds great. I think it could do well in the charts. I see people comparing it to Rolling In The Deep, and I get vibes of that from the hard hitting drum. I think it could be a success for her, maybe on power with something like Next To Me by Emeli Sande if really pushed well

I hope 2015 is time for her to shine again. Really looking forward to what she has to offer with a new label
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she gets the promo and support from Radio 1 and Capital. Without that her comeback will flop regardless of the quality of material.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    she deserves every success.... her vocals and artistry are great ... i was amazed seeing her live ... she is so much personable live and she dances much more than many of her contemporaries... vocally live she was on par .....and beyond.....

she has showcased a more heart and soul approach thread than many thought ....

she could definitely do festivals in the future ...
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy she has left Syco. Can't wait for her new album, it could be a big success if she gets the right promo.

Bleeding Love is still one of my favourite songs ever.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really pray 2015 will see Leona go back to the top where she belongs. An outstanding talent like her doesn't deserve to be left in the shadows of all the other female artists around at the moment. This snippet is extremely promising to say the least.
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    she deserves every success.... her vocals and artistry are great ... i was amazed seeing her live ... she is so much personable live and she dances much more than many of her contemporaries... vocally live she was on par .....and beyond.....

she has showcased a more heart and soul approach thread than many thought ....

she could definitely do festivals in the future ...

I'm glad you posted that. I've seen her live too. And she is much more energetic and engaging than people often give her credit for.

On the other hand, she can hold the audience with a beautiful ballad.

And she is getting better all the time.

The new snippet gives some idea of the energy she can bring to a live performance. Hope it works out.:)
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    I'm glad you posted that. I've seen her live too. And she is much more energetic and engaging than people often give her credit for.

On the other hand, she can hold the audience with a beautiful ballad.

And she is getting better all the time.

The new snippet gives some idea of the energy she can bring to a live performance. Hope it works out.:)

This. I can't wait to hear this in full and also other snippets from her new album. So happy Leona is now signed to new label who will not stifle her.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found her incredibly bland and boring,to be honest,but i must admit that clip seemed interesting.
    She's not for me but if she is genuinely putting out something a bit different then good luck to her.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic song by the sounds of it. Really loving it, Leona sounds confident and like she's come back fighting after a rough few years with Syco. Sounding better than ever.

I hope 2015 is Leona's year. Of course, a lot of factors play a role in it, not just great material. Leona's new label need a clear, well thought out strategy on how best to make Leona's comeback a success, they need a big marketing campaign and budget. It seems like they have faith in her though and she seems happier than ever, which is the most important thing.
  • starlightsstarlights Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Excited to hear the full version.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to hearing the full song. I have never been particularly keen on Leona's material (bar a handful of songs and the Christmas album) but this does sound very promising. If nothing else, it is nice to see a different direction from her and not Spirit 4.0.

Whatever I think of her new material, I am very keen for her to have a huge success with this album to show Syco how it's done. :)
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    The snippet sounds incredible.

No matter what happens, as a fan, I'm just happy Leona is making an album true to her.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think it'll be her 'year'.

The snippet is fantastic though.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so proud of Leona right now. :cry: I am a huge fan but even I didn't expect it to be that good. Sounds epic. I am keeping my expectations low though, in terms of success. I am just excited to hear the album.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will fail