Options

Does anyone NOT want Janine to come back?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Plenty of people seem to want her to come back, but I was just wondering if many people don't? And if so, what are your reasons? Post here.

Comments

• Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do and I don't. I do cos I like the character, well love to hate and I don't because I don't know what they'd do with her storyline wise and wouldn't want them to end up ruining her.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    her face has the same expression and one trick pony ish .no ..i think she's not needed and wouldnt fit it anymore..
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    her face has the same expression and one trick pony ish .no ..i think she's not needed and wouldnt fit it anymore..

I would be happy to see her back but I always thought that Stacey Slater was bought in to replace her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I would be happy to see her back but I always thought that Stacey Slater was bought in to replace her.

Well if that was the case then what a poor effort :eek:
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I was apposed to it until I saw tonight's episodel. She has to come back!
  • Options
    CPFCCPFC Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    No thanks. The square has enough hard faced 'bitches' as it is at the moment.

plus I thought they drained all they could out of her character the last time she was it. She was a prostitute, druggie, murderer, and agoraphobic before she left.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She was amazing in tonight's ep, but if she does come back, I'll be worried about what her storylines would be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    She was amazing in tonight's ep, but if she does come back, I'll be worried about what her storylines would be

They will find something for her, I am sure of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How did you work that out? Stacey is more like Kat Slater than Janine.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IndigoGirl wrote: »
    How did you work that out? Stacey is more like Kat Slater than Janine.

She looked the same and acted like a younger version for the first few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Janine is not as devious as Stacey
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Janine. She's a fantastic bitch played by a brilliant actress, but I don't think I would like her back. I don't see where else they could take the character when she's done so many evil things so far, it's like they will have to try and top each one of her storyline's. I personally think she's moved on now from the Square and we have new bitches like Clare and Chelsea to develop.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Janine but don't want her back. I just don't think she'd fit in atm. There is such a thing as bringing back far too many old characters as well.

I also think they have to work on making some of the 'young adult' cast (Chelsea, Clare, Bradley etc) better characters (they've become very weak recently) and bringing back and concentrating on bombastic Janine would probably mean they get shafted.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Janine but don't want her back. I just don't think she'd fit in atm. There is such a thing as bringing back far too many old characters as well.

I also think they have to work on making some of the 'young adult' cast (Chelsea, Clare, Bradley etc) better characters (they've become very weak recently) and bringing back and concentrating on bombastic Janine would probably mean they get shafted.
    I agree. People complain about Chelsea and Clare, but I think with the right stories they could be very good characters. Bradley has gone abit stale after the affair as they seem to have focused on Tanya, Max and Stace abit more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    I agree. People complain about Chelsea and Clare, but I think with the right stories they could be very good characters.

I agree - I just hope they are given the right storylines
  • Options
    girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't want her back. Didn't like her first time round and I had forgotten how much her whiny voice used to irritate me. Most of her storylines bored me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    CPFC wrote: »
    No thanks. The square has enough hard faced 'bitches' as it is at the moment.

plus I thought they drained all they could out of her character the last time she was it. She was a prostitute, druggie, murderer, and agoraphobic before she left.

I don't want her back, and most of the above reasons cover it ;)
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine should come back deffinatly.

I think the whole Chelsea meeting her dad thing is meant to take her away from role as Square bitch, and Clare has been underwhelming for me, considering there was such a hype about her, though its still early days.

Charlie Brooks carried Eastenders in early 2004, and the show went downhill rapidly when she left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Janine was given great storylines, it would be well worth her coming back. How likely do you think it is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    If Janine was given great storylines, it would be well worth her coming back. How likely do you think it is?

I doubt very much she would come back if the storylines weren't up to her expectations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looked the same and acted like a younger version for the first few months.

Nah, that applies to Kat, not Janine, can't agree with you there.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's very likely Re: Janine's return.

Charlie Brooks herself has said that she would be willing to return if the storyline was good.. And I think they will.

The only problem, is agreeing with CANDYANGEL, I don't want her character to get boring and repetive.

But Janine is truly one of the Best soap bitche's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lfcred wrote: »
    I don't want her back, and most of the above reasons cover it ;)

Those aren't reasons. They can do so much more with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IndigoGirl wrote: »
    I doubt very much she would come back if the storylines weren't up to her expectations.

I think so too...I suppose we will just have to wait and see
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    I think it's very likely Re: Janine's return.

Charlie Brooks herself has said that she would be willing to return if the storyline was good.. And I think they will.

The only problem, is agreeing with CANDYANGEL, I don't want her character to get boring and repetive.

But Janine is truly one of the Best soap bitche's.

Come on there are so many ways they can make her interesting and explosive... imagine the fun she can have with the wannabe's on the square.