Options

Experia Z2 or HTC One (M8)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Blue slippersBlue slippers Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all your replies. I keep coming back to the Z2 despite the fact that the HTC looks lovely also. Was a bit concerned about the size, but have been and looked at the Z1 a couple of times and think it is just about at the limit that I can live with as I do tend to use my phone as a tablet a lot of the time.

As I said in my OP, a combination of being unimpressed with the S5 coupled with a disastrous 4.3 update and an experience with Samsungs customer service last Xmas in relation to the purchase of my daughters Tab 2 mean Samsung aren't even being considered, despite having owned an S1,2 & 3 and by and large been happy with them.

On a separate note, I currently subscribe to Google play music but would consider switching to Sony Music unlimited if I do get the Z2. Has anyone any experience of it and if so is it any good?
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your replies. I keep coming back to the Z2 despite the fact that the HTC looks lovely also. Was a bit concerned about the size, but have been and looked at the Z1 a couple of times and think it is just about at the limit that I can live with as I do tend to use my phone as a tablet a lot of the time.

On a separate note, I currently subscribe to Google play music but would consider switching to Sony Music unlimited if I do get the Z2. Has anyone any experience of it and if so is it any good?

The M8 is bigger than my Z1, and the Z2 is slightly bigger than the Z1 so without checking the measurements, I'd say the M8 and Z2 are going to be about the same.

For me, especially since it's rained every day since I got my HTC, the Xperias being waterproofed is another plus. I wanted to take photos with the HTC and had to stop because it was raining so hard (hail at times) and I forgot that with my Z1 I could (and do) just carry on as normal. Rain, snow? Who cares?!

Naturally, not everyone will care about that and invest in a case or just be careful, but when you've become used to a phone being waterproof...

And, I'd continue with Play Music if you're already a subscriber, and it will just work straight away. There's no obligation to use any of the Sony services. I don't on my Z1. I've bought films and TV shows via Play, and subscribe to Spotify. Works just fine.