Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Fox_BluffFox_Bluff Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    Hmmmm ... this could be. Though the watch would be covered in blood wouldn't it? I know the box had blood on it but I expect they checked the watches .. unless it's the stolen one :o

Okay... that is a wrinkle in my story. I had not realized that no blood was on any of the watches.

Okay... let's try this: As OP is about to place the watch w/blood on it into the watch box, he realizes that would be a mistake. Sooo he takes the bloody watch (hey, I sounded British there) and takes it into bathroom, washes his hands/wrists and then cleans the watch up before then placing it in the box. :D
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope not being complacent too. Example of how psychologist could defend OP actions here
    http://t.co/RD9yW13wyH Hope that link works!

Wonder if an amygdala hijack has owt to do with that missing Malaysian plane :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    smacka wrote: »
    I'm not with you on this one, why shouldn't he be wearing a watch, and if he was and took it off wouldn't he have to wash any blood off it, therefore washing his hands at the same time.?

We must have been posting at the same time... hopefully my last post (prior to this one) will help clear up one of your concerns.

Now my idea on why he shouldn't be wearing a watch, is that he claimed he had been sleeping not long before hearing the noise coming from the bathroom.

I'm under the impression that people remove their watches before going to bed... but, listen, I've certainly been wrong before. :o
  • Options
    smackasmacka Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox_Bluff wrote: »
    Okay... that is a wrinkle in my story. I had not realized that no blood was on any of the watches.

Okay... let's try this: As OP is about to place the watch w/blood on it into the watch box, he realizes that would be a mistake. Sooo he takes the bloody watch (hey, I sounded British there) and takes it into bathroom, washes his hands/wrists and then cleans the watch up before then placing it in the box. :D

Or maybe he wasn't wearing a watch at all and had no need to do anything?
  • Options
    PoplarHousePoplarHouse Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Wonder if an amygdala hijack has owt to do with that missing Malaysian plane :o

Could be !!!
  • Options
    Moira_HewittMoira_Hewitt Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    We must have been posting at the same time... hopefully my last post (prior to this one) will help clear up one of your concerns.

Now my idea on why he shouldn't be wearing a watch, is that he claimed he had been sleeping not long before hearing the noise coming from the bathroom.

I'm under the impression that people remove their watches before going to bed... but, listen, I've certainly been wrong before. :o

He had a bath before bed so he would have taken his watch off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    smacka wrote: »
    Or maybe he wasn't wearing a watch at all and had no need to do anything?

I stated that it was a theory of mine... in response to another poster's question as to why OP went upstairs twice.

Come on peeps, cut me some slack here. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been and still am having a bit of a work crisis so have not be able to follow this thread as much as I would like so forgive me if this has been covered . Has OP given any explanation for why he did not have a reciprocal gift/ card?

It's a bank holiday in the UK here tomorrow so will be watching between work but suspect psychologist defence expert may take this line - http://t.co/RD9yW13wyH .

Remember Roux only needs to show reasonable doubt on the most serious charge. There is little doubt he will be convicted on the lesser charges.
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again all - work has been interfering with my trial obsession, so I've missed most of the posting. I did catch 'Nel's Belles' though and definitely have my badge! I'm also a Curlie's Girlie, for sure. Hope he makes an appearance tomorrow.

Does anyone know if it will be live on Sky news, or do we have to stream it online?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    Donmack wrote: »
    Apparently the ballistics expert is very well respected - Woolmerons or something. I doubt he'll be anything like as easy to squash as dear Roger was. Plus, he's been in court for ages, so knows precisely what to expect from Nel.

Can't wait to see what he says about the magazine rack.

Hoping Stander will be up first, though. Really want to hear what OP said on the phone.

I think Mr Ballistic has been taking the lead in the forensic evidence.

Here's my theory why the Magazine Rack was moved....the Defence argue Reeva was standing by the door when hit by two bullets and the head one as she fell back.

Could it be Mr Ballistics will have the bullets travelling at a different angle more to the right, thus the shots were pointed at the noise (Magazine Rack in it's new position) ? Thus allowing for the holes being close the handle of the door?

But it leaves the problem of how Reeva hit the rack and bounced 2ft towards the toilet bowl,
  • Options
    Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I have been and still am having a bit of a work crisis so have not be able to follow this thread as much as I would like so forgive me if this has been covered . Has OP given any explanation for why he did not have a reciprocal gift/ card?

It's a bank holiday in the UK here tomorrow so will be watching between work but suspect psychologist defence expert may take this line - http://t.co/RD9yW13wyH .

Remember Roux only needs to show reasonable doubt on the most serious charge. There is little doubt he will be convicted on the lesser charges.

this

didnt seem much into her did he? why was he with the poor girl?
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stated that it was a theory of mine... in response to another poster's question as to why OP went upstairs twice.
    Come on peeps, cut me some slack here. :blush:
    That's okay ... all theories welcome :)There was definitely something weird about the watches .. blood on the watch box for a start and then Aimee wanting to take one. Why was that a priority at a time like that?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    He had a bath before bed so he would have taken his watch off.

Or was it a shower, he said both in his evidence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    That's okay ... all theories welcome :)There was definitely something weird about the watches .. blood on the watch box for a start and then Aimee wanting to take one. Why was that a priority at a time like that?

Hinky to the point of stinky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is an interesting blog post regarding credibility of Oscar's testimony if you haven't read it. :-) http://t.co/JN05WOykom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some talk about buying some charms for a bracelet which of course we only have his word for. No card .. he wouldn't be getting that the next day as who does that? (other than people who couldn't really give a fig) he was waking up with her ... bit embarrassing not to give a card when you receive one. After all .. he was the more besotted. He hadn't had the opportunity to tell her though that he loved her (how many seconds does it take?) and seemingly hadn't thought that a Valentine's card might be a nice way of expressing it. The flowers were presumably still at the florists.
  • Options
    teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Maybe, but he started off with loads of female fans on here and has already lost them to lift my leg and hitch gown up Nel.;-)

I'm just a lurker here but I had to post and say that I've definitely stayed with Roux. I'm not trying to steal Nel from his Belles...
  • Options
    lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't get it? I always wear a watch to bed :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some talk about buying some charms for a bracelet which of course we only have his word for. No card .. he wouldn't be getting that the next day as who does that? (other than people who couldn't really give a fig) he was waking up with her ... bit embarrassing not to give a card when you receive one. After all .. he was the more besotted. He hadn't had the opportunity to tell her though that he loved her (how many seconds does it take?) and seemingly hadn't thought that a Valentine's card might be a nice way of expressing it. The flowers were presumably still at the florists.

Many thanks! Totally agree btw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Or was it a shower, he said both in his evidence.
    This is interesting. I wondered if Reeva had picked up his clothes when she ran to the bathroom and put them on .. it's possible they were still there after his shower/bath. One pair of her jeans had gone out of the window and if she wanted to leave she couldn't do so naked.
    I still think it's weird that she was found wearing his clothes .. especially as he had said she was wearing pyjamas earlier.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There WAS blood on the watches, not just the box !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    Don't get it? I always wear a watch to bed :confused:
    Yes and I'll take a gamble that you always lock the loo door ... even in the middle of the night and put your slippers by the side of the bed you're not sleeping in.
  • Options
    Whatabout...Whatabout... Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Hello again all - work has been interfering with my trial obsession, so I've missed most of the posting. I did catch 'Nel's Belles' though and definitely have my badge! I'm also a Curlie's Girlie, for sure. Hope he makes an appearance tomorrow.

Does anyone know if it will be live on Sky news, or do we have to stream it online?

I caught a Sky trailer about it today so I'm pretty sure it'll be live on Sky.

I'll make the time to admire any 'legal beefcake' on the screen during tomorrow's televised trial, including the post-coverage de-brief. I consider myself to be (despite being rather plump and not-so-easy on the eye) both a Nel's Belle and a Curlie's Girle: a Nerlie Burlie perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    There WAS blood on the watches, not just the box !
    Was there? :o
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teagenie wrote: »
    I'm just a lurker here but I had to post and say that I've definitely stayed with Roux. I'm not trying to steal Nel from his Belles...

Goodo. That's one less !!! :D:D
This discussion has been closed.