Options

How can I watch on demand on more than one box?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
Forum Member
I have on demand downstairs but I want to watch on my bedroom box, sky say I can't have a booster cos I already have on demand downstairs!
How can I solve this??

Dan

Comments

• Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danny37 wrote: »
    I have on demand downstairs but I want to watch on my bedroom box, sky say I can't have a booster cos I already have on demand downstairs!
    How can I solve this??

Dan

That can't be right as my sister and her fiancée have 2 boxes and on demand on both ask them again and see where you get
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let us get it straight are you after a WiFi booster OR a WiFi connector box? They are completely different things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let us get it straight are you after a WiFi booster OR a WiFi connector box? They are completely different things.

Erm dunno, I just want to be able to watch on demand in the bedroom as well as downstairs...

Dan
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you want is the "On Demand Connector" which you can order online on your "My Sky" account on www.sky.com or by phone. Note it will cost you approx £21.95 - there is only one free one per household and that is only if you have not already connected to On Demand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What you want is the "On Demand Connector" which you can order online on your "My Sky" account on www.sky.com or by phone. Note it will cost you approx £21.95 - there is only one free one per household and that is only if you have not already connected to On Demand.

Ok cheers
  • Options
    bubblegunbubblegun Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danny37 wrote: »
    How can I solve this??

Dan

As long as you have a Sky+HD box in the second (or 3rd or additional) room(s) you can get on-demand in those rooms with the required connector.
  • Options
    ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try ebay for the connector.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All you are looking for is a means of connecting your Sky box to your router, there is nothing special about the Sky "on demand connector". This could be direct Ethernet (the best method but wiring may be difficult) or a general purpose wireless access point (such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA701ND-Wireless-Access-Point/dp/B002YETVVE/ref=sr_1_17?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1399804371&sr=1-17) or a homeplug type product that uses the mains (such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Adapter/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url).