Options

MasterChef Australia Season 6 ...

Comments

• Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Barry_Sim wrote: »
    what I would find interesting is how the reaction would have been sayit was tracy or renae who cut their finger? I clearly heard the medic saying this needed stitches and futher attention but they let Emelia the favorite continue, willing to bet that if it was not her or one of their other pets they would have been told to stop on medical grounds. I love how the bend the rules for certain people they favor.......

the medic didn't say it needed stitches from what I heard

the medic said it was bad , Emelia asked if it was bad enough for stitches and the medic said they would try to avoid that

tbh I doubt they would allow any contestant to continue if there was a health and safety issue regardless of who it was , its not worth their while. if Emelia was such a favourite and gets preferential treatment then why did they put Jamie through ahead of her after he undercooked part of his dish and it was a 50/50 call ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How gross was Emila cooking whilst her glove was pooling with blood :( and she said she was doing a veggie entree and then put prochuto (sp) in it - that annoyed me.

And Jamie's arrogance, yes his first dish looked fab, second meh but his faffing was just sooo bad. Good TV tho. (I'd have made a beetroot and chocolate cake and was shouting at the TV but I have no idea how to make one :) )

Tracey was cool, calm and collected until she though her desert was a disaster and even then she held it okay. Worthy winner of the POWER APRON.....
  • Options
    skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    How pathetic was Renae with that bloody Eel??

It's only a long fish fgs! Talk about an over reaction
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skiprunner wrote: »

Totally. Poor Colin is now in the pressure test and he helped her (and got his chicken stolen and messed up)

They are all starting to look very frazzled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My heart went out to Colin...he should have gotten some leeway because he helped Renae
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a bloody stitch-up!!! >:(

How DARE they do that stupid twist, after the pretence of giving Tracy 'The Power Apron?' Had she have been that powerful, nobody would have been able to come along and change what she'd chosen.

The only advantage Brent should have received (and I actually like him) is to get the maximum amount of time to cook - NOT swap what he'd been given, with another contestant.

Epic fail for Tracy, giving Sarah that tripe.....GO SARAH!! :D

What is it with these contestants this year, claiming their nasty old burnt shit ain't burnt? :blush:

Anyone else want to slap Colin for helping Renae? >:(

I quite like her, but you can't go on a televised cookery show if you're petrified of eels FFS I do find myself wondering if they remember they're actually in a competition sometimes.

I think the camera crew forgot that Amy and Laura were cooking this episode.

Jamie must be the most inconsistent cook I've ever seen, still in at this stage of the proceedings.......hope he goes tomorrow.

Lastly, in The Apprentice stylee - how lucky was 'The One that Got Away' this week, Ben? Jammy git.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    What a bloody stitch-up!!! >:(

How DARE they do that stupid twist, after the pretence of giving Tracy all that power? Had she have been that powerful, nobody would have been able to come along and change what she'd chosen.

The only advantage Brent should have received (and I actually like him) is to get the maximum amount of time to cook - NOT swap what he had with another contestant.

Epic fail for Tracy, giving Sarah that tripe.....GO SARAH!! :D

What is it with these contestants this year, claiming their nasty old burnt shit ain't burnt? :blush:

Anyone else want to slap Colin for helping Renae? >:(

I quite like her but you can't go on a televised cookery show if you're petrified of eels FFS I do find myself wondering if they remember they're actually in a competition sometimes.

I think the camera crew forgot that Amy and Laura were cooking this episode.

Jamie must be the most inconsistent cook I've ever seen, still in at this stage of the proceedings.......hope he goes tomorrow.

Lastly, in The Apprentice stylee - how lucky was 'The One that Got Away' this week, Ben? Jammy git.

Absolutely spot on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely spot on
    TY :blush:

Think I forgot where I was......that ^^^ was like doing the WHATM thread in the BB Forum :D
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I missed something or is Jamie delusional?

How can he possibly think he is in with a chance of winning on his performance so far?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Have I missed something or is Jamie delusional?

How can he possibly think he is in with a chance of winning on his performance so far?
    Jamie's a fantastic cook, the best this year....................................

In his (big) head :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that was a little uncomfortable last night

as others have said renae should have been straight into the bottom three as she wouldn't have had a dish if not for colin's help

wonder how kira and sarah felt going back to the house with tracy after being stitched up with 15 minutes like that, sarah really pulled one out of the bag coming up with a dish at all using tripe in that timeframe. altho she was guilty of another of my MCA pet hates , she didn't serve the tripe with a tomato sauce but a "beautiful tomato sauce" ...

has been a lot of style over substance cooking this year despite the standard being pretty good , a lot of the contestants so focussed on trying to make their food look "cheffy" they forget to cook it properly
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    wonder how kira and sarah felt going back to the house with tracy after being stitched up with 15 minutes like that, sarah really pulled one out of the bag coming up with a dish at all using tripe in that timeframe. altho she was guilty of another of my MCA pet hates , she didn't serve the tripe with a tomato sauce but a "beautiful tomato sauce"

To be fair to Tracey it was Sarah she stitched up the most with that combination and who, to her immense credit, really come through with flying colours. Kira on the other hand might only have had 15 minutes but she was given turkey so she really doesn't have much room for sympathy if she couldn't come up with something that got her out of the bottom three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    To be fair to Tracey it was Sarah she stitched up the most with that combination and who, to her immense credit, really come through with flying colours. Kira on the other hand might only have had 15 minutes but she was given turkey so she really doesn't have much room for sympathy if she couldn't come up with something that got her out of the bottom three.
    I agree and wouldn't have had a problem with it, had she not been so ridiculously generous with the likes of Colin and Laura.

I know they become close etc but it's a competition and to be as generous to them as she was, was actually patronising.

She was blatantly saying they needed HER help to get a decent dish up and I almost felt pleased about Brent being able to scupper her plans...........but not quite.

What she allocated each contestant should have stood and Colin helping Renae (or anyone helping anyone for that matter) shouldn't have been tolerated.

It's cheating, pure and simple and MCA already allow more than enough cheating from that bloody balcony of theirs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah didn't like that challenge at all last night , just too contrived , hope the rest of the week isn't as bad
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't have wanted to be Tracy but then would any of the others have behaved differently if they had won the golden apron? The whole thing made me feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trouble is, if someone has a phobia it's not just a big fish. I'm guessing hers is of snakes rather than just eels as it's one of the more common phobias. (I feel really sorry for Australian arachnophobes!) Phobias don't respond to reason. They can't be talked away - that's why they're phobias not just dislikes or fear. The sufferer knows the object can't hurt them - there are all sorts of phobias that seem ridiculous to us, like around buttons, for instance - that doesn't help. it just makes them feel stupid as well as terrified. She would have been in a blind panic and had a massive adrenaline rush when she saw it, which would make her shaky and tearful physically as well as the mental effect, and when she was expected to touch it she wouldn't have been able to control her response. I imagine that if she'd been penalised for that it would have been a lot more controversial, since phobias are a form of mental health issue, than letting someone else take a few seconds to cut a bit off for her.

As for Jamie ... just wow. they've had some egos on this show but he's right up there at the top. Just asking to get shot down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's cheating, pure and simple and MCA already allow more than enough cheating from that bloody balcony of theirs.

So true!

Jamie to go. Colin to pull something out the bag. Although it's the crokenbush thing.... Could go any way :(:(
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Trouble is, if someone has a phobia it's not just a big fish. I'm guessing hers is of snakes rather than just eels as it's one of the more common phobias. (I feel really sorry for Australian arachnophobes!) Phobias don't respond to reason. They can't be talked away - that's why they're phobias not just dislikes or fear. The sufferer knows the object can't hurt them - there are all sorts of phobias that seem ridiculous to us, like around buttons, for instance - that doesn't help. it just makes them feel stupid as well as terrified. She would have been in a blind panic and had a massive adrenaline rush when she saw it, which would make her shaky and tearful physically as well as the mental effect, and when she was expected to touch it she wouldn't have been able to control her response. I imagine that if she'd been penalised for that it would have been a lot more controversial, since phobias are a form of mental health issue, than letting someone else take a few seconds to cut a bit off for her.

As for Jamie ... just wow. they've had some egos on this show but he's right up there at the top. Just asking to get shot down.

I agree. Renae's reaction wasn't that of somebody who's just repelled by the thought of trying to cook eel (eg me) but of somebody with a full on phobia there's nothing she can do to control. She described it as a phobia herself and said she knew it was 'stupid' but there was nothing she could do to control it, and she was apparently prepared to face the pressure test. It wasn't Renae who asked for help; it was Gary who asked Colin to help her.

In other news: please, please get rid of Jamie.
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    I agree. Renae's reaction wasn't that of somebody who's just repelled by the thought of trying to cook eel (eg me) but of somebody with a full on phobia there's nothing she can do to control. She described it as a phobia herself and said she knew it was 'stupid' but there was nothing she could do to control it, and she was apparently prepared to face the pressure test. It wasn't Renae who asked for help; it was Gary who asked Colin to help her.

I missed that bit - new iPad Air, couldn't resist playing with it ...
    In other news: please, please get rid of Jamie.
    :D
    We can but hope.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree too - it wasn't a silly sort of 'ewwww' reaction, it was an immediate and very strong phobic one. I have a real terror of snakes and eels too, and found that really hard to watch yesterday. There would be no way I would touch or cook an eel under any circumstances. I feel the same about snakes - I know it's totally irrational and all that, but I can't control it. I think Renae did really well to manage to deal with it once Colin had cut it up.
  • Options
    BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felt for Colin last night. I really did. First his box was taken away from him and then he helped out Renae. Got to hope he survives tonight. Tracy clearly sees Sarah and Kira as two of the best so gave them the hardest combinations, that is kinda fair considering it is a competition right? She had to give two people 15 mins, thems the rules, so whoever she picked it was going to be hard and yes Sarah did amazingly with her 'beautiful' tripe...

Unlike in previous years I still can't finger the stand-out contestants. Plenty can cook but no-one seems able to be consistent for more than one or two challenges in a row.

Am I alone in wanting Marion and Jonathan from S2 to do a cooking show together? Still my favourite contestants...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and wouldn't have had a problem with it, had she not been so ridiculously generous with the likes of Colin and Laura.

I know they become close etc but it's a competition and to be as generous to them as she was, was actually patronising.

She was blatantly saying they needed HER help to get a decent dish up and I almost felt pleased about Brent being able to scupper her plans...........but not quite.

Do you really see it like that? I'm slightly incredulous! Honestly I think she just wanted to be as generous as she could to her 'friends' and so tried to give them lots of time and ingredients with unlimited potential. Don't think there was even the slightest thought about them actually needing her 'help' to get through and it wasn't patronising in the least. For goodness sake she gave herself the same maximum time and an 'easy' ingredient.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    Do you really see it like that? I'm slightly incredulous! Honestly I think she just wanted to be as generous as she could to her 'friends' and so tried to give them lots of time and ingredients with unlimited potential. Don't think there was even the slightest thought about them actually needing her 'help' to get through and it wasn't patronising in the least. For goodness sake she gave herself the same maximum time and an 'easy' ingredient.

She did say quite firmly that she'd made her choices from a purely strategic point of view, which would suggest that she thought those who got the easy options were the weakest contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    She did say quite firmly that she'd made her choices from a purely strategic point of view, which would suggest that she thought those who got the easy options were the weakest contestants.

She did but do you really think she sees Laura as one of the weaker contestants? She has consistently been near the top / won the only immunity pin to date and is regularly praised by the judges for her dishes ... certainly much more than a lot of the other competitors. I think the 'strategic' statement was more aimed at Kira and Sarah (who she definitely targeted) and perhaps some of those given 30 minutes and 'difficult' ingredients - Jamie for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sooooo angry!! >:(

Dunno WTF has happened but our stupid Tivo box has recorded yesterday's episode again so I don't know who got eliminated :(

It's never done this before - really strange.

Update please anyone?

Ta :)