**SPOILER** Thread - Saturday 6th December 2014

Comments

• RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Simon will get a horrendous backlash from this imo even though it's clearly not his fault.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Mark and Jake in the final and Simon went next week.

I think Pixie going out will solidify the voting. Now everybody knows that nobody is safe, we'll see more support for people's favourites. I can't see Jake being in trouble, he's been very popular fron the start (even if it's not so apparent on DS) Simon will almost inevitably be in the bottom two, probably with Mark..he appears to be the most "Marmite" character left.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Some people do seem to have a very fine hair-trigger before they resort to claiming something's being "SHOVED DOWN THEIR THROAT" though. Iveta appears twice on It Takes Two in a week, somebody says Mark should win and Zoe doesn't "correct them", Caroline manages to get traditional Argentine Tango music and somebody else doesn't... I wouldn't take this forum as a barometer for reactions to "favouritism". People see it in shadows.

Nah. I said Zoe should have "corrected" Vernon when he said that Mark was the only guy left with no previous. I couldn't give a toss who Vernon wants to win (although he confirms he has no taste :p).
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I don't post in the spoiler thread often but was surprised by the bottom two there. It should have been Mark/Jake in there tbh.

Pixie is an excellent dancer and comes across as a pleasant person but I fall into the camp of preferring people with limited dance backgrounds to win, its the essence of the competition and what makes it so fun to watch.
    I think most people want a good dancer to win, but preferably one who has learnt alot over the course of the competition. Simon, Jake and Frankie are the one who fit that bill the most as I believe Caroline (like Pixie) have got dance backgrounds? Or have I got that wrong?
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know naff all about dancing but I think I've picked up a bit about what is being looked for in Strictly routines and at the end of Pixie's I felt there wasn't much content, without being able to say what should have been in there! Yes she is very graceful and I have really enjoyed some of their routines, but last week the "ballet move" being praised got a bit on my nerves because it's not a component of the Viennese Waltz (I don't *think* it is, anyway) and as someone else has said in this week's there was a lot of 'general dancing' rather than a specific chacha routine. (And yet again Trent was pushed to the background while Pixie did a solo at one point!)

All this is pleasant to watch but it strikes me that it's a bit of an unfair contest if one person is trying to put in the correct dance content and one person is just doing stuff they already knew.

I'm sorry if this affects Trent's chances of staying because I really like him and suspect he may have been struggling with getting his celebrity to do what they're meant to do more than has been let on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Poor Simon will get a horrendous backlash from this imo even though it's clearly not his fault.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Mark and Jake in the final and Simon went next week.

I'm not sure how much since the vote is to keep, not to evict ( by the way a hypothetical vote that I personally think Mark would generally win ), so if folk prefer others anyway, they have to vote also for everyone else too apart from Simon to "punish" him.
  • Traffic1326Traffic1326 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Great system :o

When it goes to 1-1, Bruno might as well leave the building since Len's vote decides.

They should have an odd number of judges. Bring back Donny, OK maybe not him ;-)
    Bring Ian as judge.
    Then we have an odd number of judges. And Len is "Headjudge of"
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My take on Pixie and Trent over the series is that I think they've done some beautiful work, the QS and the 40s Foxtrot I really enjoyed and the Paso was original and well done. He's put together some good stuff and she's performed it pretty well. However the Paso aside, I haven't been thrilled by their Latin. She also has bugged me big time in that she doesn't seem all there on interviews and athough it's probably a bit much to expect Oscar Wilde levels of conversation from a pop singer, she hasn't even come close to anything interesting to say. Frankie does come over warm and amusing on a human level, even though her Latin is as equally ropey, and for some mystic reason Kevin is popular.

I was a bit disappointed in Simon or to be more accurate Kristina's AS as I expected a bit more of the wow factor. Based on the dances though, it was perhaps the right call. I can't stand Mark, but it was the best I have seen him do. Jake and Janette's timing was a bit off at the finish, but it was great fun, worked much better than I thought and I loved the traditional 30s feel of the thing. At least they try and entertain, and don't seem to have a sense of entitlement. It looks increasingly like a Frankie/Jake finish.
  • rebandmelrebandmel Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Be interesting who the pixie fans if they decide to keep voting who they will vote for, my thinking it will be for frankie or Caroline.I hope there is no backlash on Simon it wasn't his fault he also didn't deserve to be in bottom 2. My daughter who is a massive pixie fan said Len belongs in the dark ages, all the dancers did illegal lifts and Darcy clearly prefers male dancers. My daughter dances Ballroom and Latin (she is 14) and it's the first time in years she has been hooked on SCD thanks to the new pros and younger celebrities, her teacher knows a lot of the pros and sadly thinks it's fixed who wins like all talent shows, and BBC have some thing to hide if they refuse to release the voting results. I for one hope Simon makes it through to final although I think it's jake for the win,
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Bring Ian as judge.

He would show the other judges up too much r.e. technical knowledge don't think it would go down well with some um... egos. :p

I do like the idea though :)
    Forum Member
    Did you see the twitter comment from Ashley Dawson Taylor he danced with kristina last year
    He posted it last night and since deleted it
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these posts saying, "Oh I can't possibly be on DS later it will be horrible :("

Whattt?! I am literally perched for the meltdowns. :D
    Forum Member
    Ian Waite or matthew cutler would make fab judges let hope rumours are true that Len is retiring I do think it needs young blood there
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rebandmel wrote: »
    Did you see the twitter comment from Ashley Dawson Taylor he danced with kristina last year

Ashley danced with Ola last year, not Kristina :) Kristina danced with Ben Cohen
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something that I find strange - this Saturday will be the last time we'll be having one of these threads until October next year (seeing as the final's done on the same night). :(
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Like what? Riots in the streets? Sequin chucking at the Beeb? It's a light entertainment show. The repercussions will be non existant!

Anyway, the Trixie fans only have themselves to blame for not voting in enough numbers to keep their favourites safe.

Indeed the over reactions on this thread are amusing :p
  • mictheminimicthemini Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring Ian as judge.

Bring Ian and Karen on and get rid of Len, Darcy and Bruno. Easy :-)

And if you need 5 judges, add in Darren and Lilia, my favourite married dancing couple.

Of course this is just my opinion, what do I know about judging really, not much, but I do like a straight talking judge, now the fawning type and Craig is less fawning (though he too does fawn) and better with the constructive criticism.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rebandmel wrote: »

What did he say on Twitter? That tweet has been mentioned a few times on the forum..
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    Ashley danced with Ola last year, not Kristina :) Kristina danced with Ben Cohen
    Sorry meant ola
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how much since the vote is to keep, not to evict ( by the way a hypothetical vote that I personally think Mark would generally win ), so if folk prefer others anyway, they have to vote also for everyone else too apart from Simon to "punish" him.

Not so much in the voting, just in comments in general. We've already seen a bit of it in this thread with "How could the judges save him over Pixie" when none of us know how the dance off actually went.
    Forum Member
    What did he say on Twitter? That tweet has been mentioned a few times on the forum..

Basically said it is becoming more clear its fixed and all you can do is stand smile and accept it, such a shame I so wish I saved it
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would the producers fix the show? I don't see how it benefits them.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these posts saying, "Oh I can't possibly be on DS later it will be horrible :("

Whattt?! I am literally perched for the meltdowns. :D

Me an' all:D

'Citin'.

I was surprised that Pixie was in the bottom two. Mainly because she never has been, and because she won the walztthingy, but her dance this week was poor.

I am also sick of her 'no groundedness', her flamin' waving leg all the time, and this particular dance, and a couple of her others have been sort of tortured and ugly, so meh.

She was one of the better dancers, but perhaps they are all much of a muchness really, apart from Mark, who I think is weak, and Jake who I think is wildly unpredictable and also entertaining.

Frankie was poor too, last night, and I don't get the hype about Caroline's AT, it was good, but not great and overmarked rather ostentatiously.

I love dancing, but I'm beginning to find it hard to give a monkey's about it this season. Whoever moves me a bit or makes me laugh will get my votes.

That used to be Sunetra, and is sometimes Caroline, sometimes Simon, and very often Jake.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    BIB - sorry if your favourite has gone, but I'm really failing to see how any of the things you've listed, with the possible exception of the backing dancers, are new. SCD has had all of those other things for years - in spades.

SCD isn't a dance competition, however much the judges might like to claim it is. Yes, celebrities are tasked with learning to dance, but if it was all about dance ability, then Scott Mills would've gone in Week 1.

What the producers want is 'drama' and 'unpredictability', and last night's result will have handed that to them in spades. Another FM referred to Austin's exit in Series 6 - but this is rather different: that was very obviously a stitch-up to favour the appallingly over marked Lisa Snowdon … but the dance-off we'll see tonight is between two of the judges' favourites, which is another kettle of fish altogether.

And the producers will doubtless be delirious when it comes to the ratings: SCD is pulling further ahead of TXF. So, as far as they are concerned - and as far as the show's security is concerned - it's a case of 'job done'.

I agree to an extent but the manipulation of the show seems more obvious than before this year. The 'director of choreography' has been introduced which suggests that the pros do not have full control - something which they tried to promote more in previous series. They have props forced on some but not on others. Backing dancers are forced on some but not on others. Some of the music and wardrobe choices are horrific but some are blessed. As I said before, the production team has to maintain some control but it's become very obvious in this series.
    Forum Member
    Why would the producers fix the show? I don't see how it benefits them.
    Great ratings
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was in the bottom two and who left?