• Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are still cleaning the floors at this time
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Couldn't sleep so Just went Tesco and saw people do their weekly shopping.. What posses people to go shopping at 6Am?

Well it's not exactly a regular day, is it? It's Christmas Eve and supermarkets will be very busy today.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    People are still cleaning the floors at this time

The point is if they did not want people in the doors would be locked and the public not allowed in, they are open to the public. Alot of supermarket stores are open 24 hours which must mean they want people to shop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't sleep so Just went Tesco and saw people do their weekly shopping.. What posses people to go shopping at 6Am?

Maybe... they couldn't sleep?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was planning on going early-ish this morning but I just couldn't get myself moving so I will have to suffer the crowds later.

Some people are just morning people. I'm not. I know someone who is up at 5am every morning even though he doesn't have to start work until 9am and only lives 10 minutes from his office.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often go to a massive Sainsbury's / M&S at 8am (on my way to work) and it's only the past few days I have seen it actually busy at that time of day. Today every check-out was open whereas this time last week it was only the self service tills open,

I assume the reason it was so busy is because people are doing their Xmas shop (and not the weekly shop)

Pop in at the same time on 7th January and I guarantee it won't be busy!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually go to Asda at 6am on a Sunday morning. Everything is fresh, no queues, no mothers with unruly kids running amok..... and McDonalds is nice and quiet too for an after-shop coffee and muffin. The only drawback is that I can't buy booze, but as a non-drinker, it hardly bothers me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    I usually go to Asda at 6am on a Sunday morning. Everything is fresh, no queues, no mothers with unruly kids running amok..... and McDonalds is nice and quiet too for an after-shop coffee and muffin. The only drawback is that I can't buy booze, but as a non-drinker, it hardly bothers me.

I thought you could buy booze?..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I thought you could buy booze?..

The law is different in Scotland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psapp wrote: »
    The law is different in Scotland.

Oh....