Jessie J at 15 (Britain's Best Pop Prodigies)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3YZxewg2M

This is also from her at 15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eMzuVsBtKI&list=FLyNbtYd3H9RccBOouxAhMDw

Hasn't changed her personality a bit. Her voice is slightly higher now, though. Not many 15 year olds are that good.

Comments

• SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's so good why is her music so bad?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    She's incredible.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice is good, she oversings like Christina but she can sing well when she reigns it in, her songs are crap though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    If she's so good why is her music so bad?

Personally, I like her music but I do admit some of it is abit young. Like that song she was singing in that video when she was playing the piano. She wrote it, but she was like 9 and the song sucks. Half the songs on her album were written before she was 20 and sound very teen trying to find herself. I don't think that's bad to start off with, especially since most of the album except a few songs were meant for an album that was to be released years earlier before her label went bust. I imagine if an 18yo Jessie released those songs it wouldn't be criticized so much.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks a lot prettier with lighter hair and without all the make-up.

She's obviously a talented singer, but her tone and her music just don't do it for me.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewis at 15.....just saying.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie is one of the most amazing pop singers EVER to come out of the UK. There's no denying that fact. However...her material hasn't shown her full potential. Most of her stuff is too generic. 'Do It Like A Dude' is a pretty fun song but, ffs, THAT's the first big single they give her??

Signing up for The Voice was also a strange move...it's like they're saying her successful musical career is over and she needs to become more of a general 'personality'. With one okay album under her belt it's a shame she may never reach the heights she was destined for.
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie is one of the most amazing pop singers EVER to come out of the UK. There's no denying that fact. However...her material hasn't shown her full potential. Most of her stuff is too generic. 'Do It Like A Dude' is a pretty fun song but, ffs, THAT's the first big single they give her??

Signing up for The Voice was also a strange move...it's like they're saying her successful musical career is over and she needs to become more of a general 'personality'. With one okay album under her belt it's a shame she may never reach the heights she was destined for.

and she has had to move her tour back a few months to finish her album, which im sure she could have finished if she didnt do the voice? i suppose its 'exposure' though.

also i dont agree she is one the best singers i think she has a good voice but doesnt know how to use it as well as she could. shes very screechy and shouty/oversings. hopefully one day she wont have to feel like she has to prove that she can actually sing, and be more herself. or maybe she likes it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

Not sure what you were "just saying." What was the point you were trying to make?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BobbyMcGee wrote: »
    and she has had to move her tour back a few months to finish her album, which im sure she could have finished if she didnt do the voice? i suppose its 'exposure' though.

also i dont agree she is one the best singers i think she has a good voice but doesnt know how to use it as well as she could. shes very screechy and shouty/oversings. hopefully one day she wont have to feel like she has to prove that she can actually sing, and be more herself. or maybe she likes it.

Exactly.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kip774
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

What exactly are you just saying?
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but that performance was nothing special, I've heard better 15 year olds to be honest. Her tone always sounds flat to me, plus now she has developed a nasal quality that just sounds screetchy. I remember she was doing a Grammy red carpet the night that Whitney died and said something along the lines of "I'm glad there's people like me to carry on her vocal legacy". It's laughable to me that she openly thinks she is anywhere near Whitney's vocals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Sorry but that performance was nothing special, I've heard better 15 year olds to be honest. Her tone always sounds flat to me, plus now she has developed a nasal quality that just sounds screetchy. I remember she was doing a Grammy red carpet the night that Whitney died and said something along the lines of "I'm glad there's people like me to carry on her vocal legacy". It's laughable to me that she openly thinks she is anywhere near Whitney's vocals.

She didn't say that at all actually. What she said was Whitney is the reason she is the singer she is today and she made it okay for girls to show off their big voices and be loud. She only did two interviews that night and this is the one you are talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlUjsxzMCsw

The other one she didn't say anything close to that, just that she loves Whitney and she feels for her family, etc.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's s**t!
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I agree with some of the other posters. Her voice is great, and she seems like a good laugh in interviews, but all of her songs are just naff. Domino was one of the most generic, boring songs of last year imo.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    She didn't say that at all actually. What she said was Whitney is the reason she is the singer she is today and she made it okay for girls to show off their big voices and be loud. She only did two interviews that night and this is the one you are talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlUjsxzMCsw

The other one she didn't say anything close to that, just that she loves Whitney and she feels for her family, etc.
    That actually isn't what I saw, It was when I was watching the red carpet stream on Grammy.com. I distinctly remember her saying something very close to that because it was one of the many nails in my once fandom for her. Regardless of what she said that night, I definitely think she's became a little arrogant since her first album was released. She has a lot of potential but needs a better vocal technique to improve her tone. I was also very disappointed with her first album that I actually bought on CD.