Options

[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons Series 3 [Official Launch Thread]

Comments

• Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, a very easy theme to start with...and it's gonna be...

ANYTHING GOES!

Yep, just find ANY song that will get your acts settled into the competition, this will be the easiest theme of the lot for this Series so there should be no excuses here. ;)

Because what could be more simpler? A bread sandwich I tell you. :p

Because of tonight, I have decided that the date for show 1 will be on Wednesday 6th November at 6:00pm, so you all have 5 days to get your songs in by hopefully Wednesday 12pm or earlier if possible.

Oh and don't expect it to be plain sailing because I have a twist for you now...

*TWIST*

The mystery judge is back, BUT with a new person who has taken the step to be either nice or as nasty as the mystery judge likes to be!

As of right now, there are no other twists planned but I do have another one or two ready as the Series progresses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ahhh Pingu's mentoring Zoe! I would LOVE to mentor her. And then Jack's mentoring Lucie! Awww. :( Pingu and Jack have got great categories.

And yes please to themes.

Hahaha I have :D I am taking Zoe down the quirky jazz route where she belongs.

And don't you get down. You have an amazing category. Looking forward to seeing how you mentor Matt as he doesn't usually do well.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Actually could we change it from the 6th? I've got an exam to take. And I really want to focus on that? Can we change it to 8th or after please? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Hahaha I have :D I am taking Zoe down the quirky jazz route where she belongs.

And don't you get down. You have an amazing category. Looking forward to seeing how you mentor Matt as he doesn't usually do well.

There are a few songs I REALLY want you to do Pingu. I hope you can read my mind. :D
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You SO stole that mystery judge twist from The Solo Factor Steve! :mad:

Or did I technically steal it as you've used it before? :p

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how Zoe, Matt, Diva Fever and Lucie are mentored this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are a few songs I REALLY want you to do Pingu. I hope you can read my mind. :D

...wait a minute..right..yep, yep..got ya :p

Love the song that Zoe is going to sing. Pure quirkiness in jazz form :D Miss Dynamix are singing something that will show their harmonizes,Paul is a current soul man, and Tamera is a powerful Rnb queen!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how Zoe, Matt, Diva Fever and Lucie are mentored this series.

He did it last series though too. :p (Remember Pingu was our mystery judge?).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was definitely the latter as I brought that in, back at the start of the Second Series. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyway, looking forward to seeing how Zoe, Matt, Diva Fever and Lucie are mentored.

Glad you are excited for Zoe Rick. So am I!! :p

My favourites outside my category are: Matt, Lucie and Miss Frank so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Webpage has been updated but it's not finished yet. :)
    Actually could we change it from the 6th? I've got an exam to take. And I really want to focus on that? Can we change it to 8th or after please? :o
    Ahhh okay then...judges new date, the deadline to get your songs in will now be on the 8th November so you have a week to get them in along with your sing-off songs too.
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Ahhh okay then...judges new date, the deadline to get your songs in will now be on the 8th November so you have OVER a week to get them in along with your sing-off songs too. It'll be a Sunday but there's the high chance everyone will be watching the real show on that day. :o

Impossible, you're supposed to be hosting The Chance Factor that Sunday, which Pingu and Jacka are expected to attend as well. :rolleyes:

EDIT: 8th November is a Friday by the way, not a Sunday...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh whoops...I'm definitely losing my mind then. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope David decides his acts tonight :(
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Sorry I've been out all day... (kinda forgot about the launch)

Will pick/ post my acts now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see Roxie is taking over from where I left with Johnny Robinson last time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK... Again sorry for missing the show!

My Picks for This Series' Winning Team (;)) is...

Boys
    Austin Drage
    A Fantastic voice and someone who can adapt to the various themes that this competition will throw up. I was tempted to go for Mali-Michael or even Liam Payne, however in the end decided Austin would be a good pick to represent the Series 5 boys!

Girls
    Hannah Bradbeer
    An act with a fantastic voice; really I could've chosen any of the girls from this series as they were all so strong. However Hannah is different, quicky and has a fantastic voice.

Overs
    Suzie Furlonger
    Another brilliant singer who had her time on the XF cut short due to the amount of sob stories for other contestants. This series though Suzie is bringing it for the Overs and will be a force to be reckoned with when it gets to the various themes.

Groups
    Girlband
    To be honest not a huge amount of chose from once JLS have been taken out of the equation, however I have always thought Girlband had a bit of a bad luck on the show and they never reached their full potential.... now they can as they're representing the Groups of Series 5!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you David and it's okay. :)

With that, our line-up is complete, let's give the judges and the Top 16 a big round of applause! :D

yohinnchild & The 2008 Class
    Austin Drage
    Hannah Bradbeer
    Suzie Furlonger
    Girlband

jackamakka & The 2009 Class
    Duane Lamonte
    Lucie Jones
    Daniel Pearce
    Miss Frank

fireemblemcraze & The 2010 Class
    Matt Cardle
    Kerri Arindell
    Storm Lee
    Diva Fever

pingu58011 & The 2013 Class
    Paul Akister
    Tamera Foster
    Zoe Devlin
    Miss Dynamix

Well I have to say, we've done it again, amazing choices from you four judges! :D :cool:

I'll finish off updating the overview when it's daytime later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking at those acts - we're going to have a pretty incredible series.

Soppy - can I know something quickly - is the first elimination going to be a quadruple like last year?

And goodness for the first time have I seen two jazz acts - Hannah and Zoe! This is going to be exciting! I wonder who's going to win the jazz battle. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I've decided not to throw that twist in again, even though it made it all very exciting.
    But I have replaced it with two other twists that'll be coming up later in this Series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So is it just a single? (thank god :D )

And just noticed Austin is on that list. :o Oh my...:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great choices David :D

On the website the overview and actual page for Battle of the seasons series 3 are mixed up? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear lord...now I can't even get the webpages right! :o:(

Okay, I've arranged them correctly now and updated the overview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see i've been assigned blue on the overview... thats the colour of early exits :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is red on Back To Basics, but that doesn't mean it should happen all over again.
    I have a feeling the curse is gonna end this time around. ;)

Btw all, Pingu has inboxed me his winners prediction which has given me an idea for this game. If you like, you other three can also send in your winners prediction and we'll see who gets it right. :cool:

Don't forget to send in your sing-off songs as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that two more sets of songs are due to be in soon.

But they have bags of time to do so before Friday. :)